User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slide out information

Purchased & picked up our new Imagine 2500RL today @ Tarpleys RV here in Durango.
    I asked the service tech about the slide out if it could be manually slide out or in if the motors quit. He said no they are underneath the protected bottom & would have to be unhooked to bring the slide out or in. Yet the book that came with the trailer seems to say there should be a access port to manually crank the slide out or in on the opposite side of the RV of the slide out. What gives I cant find this inch opening. I was left under the impression that they could be put in or out manually rather than be stranded. So does the 2500RL have this feature or not? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    Russ

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m not familiar with your model, however, if you have a through frame slide there should be an access hole in the frame I-beam on the opposite side of the camper from the slide. It should take a 3/4” drive socket to operate. If you have the in-wall Schwintek slide there is a way to manually operate it as well. I recommend getting the Lippert app as they make the slide mechanisms and have PDF’s of the operating manuals as well as some videos regarding operation of the slides and other components of your unit. The app is also a great source of information to identify the parts you may need for any repairs. Good luck and congratulations on the new RV!
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking at 2500RL page https://www.granddesignrv.com/showro...orplans/2500rl

See if your slide out has the tracks on the side like this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzqbvwCJpNU
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ Olin View Post
    Purchased & picked up our new Imagine 2500RL today @ Tarpleys RV here in Durango.
    I asked the service tech about the slide out if it could be manually slide out or in if the motors quit. He said no they are underneath the protected bottom & would have to be unhooked to bring the slide out or in. Yet the book that came with the trailer seems to say there should be a access port to manually crank the slide out or in on the opposite side of the RV of the slide out. What gives I cant find this inch opening. I was left under the impression that they could be put in or out manually rather than be stranded. So does the 2500RL have this feature or not? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    Russ
    Your 2500RL has a Schwintek slide. It is operated by two synchronous motors on either side of the slide. There is no port for crank access because there is no mechanism for a crank. The motors need to be lifted away from the track and the slide pushed in or out manually.
    Check this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzqbvwCJpNU

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Russ
    Russ, I bought my Momentum from Tarpley's. It's possible the tech you asked wasn't intimately familiar with your unit. Call them back, ask for John the service manager, explain the discrepancy in what the book says and what the tech said. The lads there are pretty decent about answering questions, but they don't know everything about every unit. The thing that I liked about them was when I remained civil in my inquiries they bent over backwards to get the correct answers, they didn't just sluff me off. But sometimes you do have to be persistent and patient.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblueman View Post
    Your 2500RL has a Schwintek slide. It is operated by two synchronous motors on either side of the slide. There is no port for crank access because there is no mechanism for a crank. The motors need to be lifted away from the track and the slide pushed in or out manually.
    Check this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzqbvwCJpNU
    Thanks for the info. The video was right on the money. I feel a lot better about this unit now, know that I would not have to pull the bottom down by myself on a cold & snowy day to get the slide out back in. We really like the inside of this unit. So far all electronics seem to be working. Once again thanks for the help.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    Russ, I bought my Momentum from Tarpley's. It's possible the tech you asked wasn't intimately familiar with your unit. Call them back, ask for John the service manager, explain the discrepancy in what the book says and what the tech said. The lads there are pretty decent about answering questions, but they don't know everything about every unit. The thing that I liked about them was when I remained civil in my inquiries they bent over backwards to get the correct answers, they didn't just sluff me off. But sometimes you do have to be persistent and patient.
    Glad that you got your unit at Tarpleys also. Great people there. I actually spent a few hours with John, Great dude. But he was a little misinformed on how the slide works on this unit. Will contact him and go over the slide with him. Good luck with your RV. Thanks for your help.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info. The video was right on the money. I feel a lot better about this unit now, know that I would not have to pull the bottom down by myself on a cold & snowy day to get the slide out back in. We really like the inside of this unit. So far all electronics seem to be working. Once again thanks for the help.
    I have a 2018 2500RL that experienced a slide out failure on our 2nd trip. One of my neighbors referenced that video and I watched it several times and still could not figure it out, all we see is the tech take off one screw at the top of the slide externally then we are inside an RV looking at the motor, which appears to be loose? I think there are several steps missing, I tried a few times to duplicate but to no success, a few of my camping neighbors who had more experience than I and where nice enough to offer help where sure they could assist, but they where also stumped. I simply gave up and drove the RV back to the dealer "as is". I was fortunate that the slide out failed during the retraction stage and was only about 30% extended before it stopped. I slapped a couple of bright red rags on the slide out just in case someone came to close to the RV while on the road.

2+ months at the dealership for the repair, this is another story or pure frustration...
    Last edited by fldiver; 04-14-2019 at 08:23 AM.
    Rig: 2018 Grand Design - Imagine 2500RL
    Tow Vehicle: 2018 F150 - Black on Black - SuperCrew XLT-FX4 - 3.5L EB w/3.31 LSD - MaxTow/Haul - 5Stare Tune - Luminar Ceramic Tint w/UV - UltraFlex TBed Cover
    Garage Queen: 2018 BMW ///M240i Convertible - Loaded - Dinan Stage 1 Tune - MPE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fldiver View Post
    I have a 2018 2500RL that experienced a slide out failure on our 2nd trip. One of my neighbors referenced that video and I watched it several times and still could not figure it out, all we see is the tech take off one screw at the top of the slide externally then we are inside an RV looking at the motor, which appears to be loose? I think there are several steps missing, I tried a few times to duplicate but to no success, a few of my camping neighbors who had more experience than I and where nice enough to offer help where sure they could assist, but they where also stumped. I simply gave up and drove the RV back to the dealer "as is". I was fortunate that the slide out failed during the retraction stage and was only about 30% extended before it stopped. I slapped a couple of bright red rags on the slide out just in case someone came to close to the RV while on the road.

2+ months at the dealership for the repair, this is another story or pure frustration...
    Wow,
    That's a bummer to hear. But its not unheard of from what I have read on this site. I'm no expert on these Schwintek slides. But there is a control unit under your bathroom sink. Since you have the same unit as I do. Look under the sink and you should see blinking lights if something is wrong. Count the # of blinks & look in the guide book that comes with the trailer and it will help you pinpoint the problem. If one motor looks loose its probably binding up I'm guessing. Also at the Schwintek controller you should be able to disengage the motors electrically then manually push the slide in or out by hand. According to the owners manual. May take two people. Then block the slide out so it cannot free wheel back out as you drive down the road. Pushing it out manually may not work if a gear or the shaft that turns it is broke and locking up the track unit. If you can get to that motor & its loose might be that it just to be tightened up to operate correctly. Hope that this helps you out.
    Russ & Deb
    Myles, Blu & Sadie aka furry kids
    2019 F-150 - 2021-F350 (aka red rocket2)
    2000 F-250 aka the snow plow truck

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been concerned about this as well and the video helps. (BTW, there is an access hole to move the opposite slide which is not a Lippert.) So my question is this. The 2670 MK kitchen slide goes in so far that I cannot get into the interior to get to these motors. I might be able to access the front motor, but not the back. Can you get to the motors from the outside if you have to when the slide is in?
    Bill and Kim
    2019 Imagine 2670 MK, Equalizer WDH
    2020 Ford F250, 7.3 l gas

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast