User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp LivingAdventure's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey everyone we just moved into our imagine 2150rb. i know this thread is a little old but im having concerns about how often the furnace is cycling on and off. we live near calgary alberta and the currant temp is between -10 to -2 C ( 12 to 28 F for you southern folks) so not cold cold but still cold. our furnace is currently cycling roughly 7 mins on 7 mins off seems a little fast. thermostat is set at 19C (66F). our previous trailer used to let the temp drop about 5-6 degrees then turn on but this one seems only let the temp drop 2 degrees then catches it. thanks for any info probably just over cautious.

Devon
    Living a never-ending adventure together!
    2018 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport EcoDiesel
    2019 Imagine 2150RB

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    On other thing to look at: Dometic had issues with their touchscreen thermostats. Mine got to the point where closing the bathroom door, or even just walking in the trailer would start things running, even if the thermo was nominally turned off. Long out of warranty on either. I called GD to get the part number, which they gave me. Then I called Dometic who authorized a replacement with no hassle. Two days later a complete new thermostat came from GD. The next day, the one from Dometic arrived ....
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine furnace fan on/off frequently

Quote Originally Posted by Riv450 View Post
    This weekend we took our first trip in our new 2800bh and found the furnace to be cycling on/off frequently. I popped off the directional cover on the vent located at the end of the kitchen counter nearest the sink and bedroom. I wrapped it in aluminum foil and put it back on. I punched a hole in the foil to keep air flowing but at a reduced rate. Last night temps dropped to 35 and the furnace cycled normal.

I am in the process of looking for directional vents that can be closed so that I can replace all throughout the camper.
    So I’m the OP on this thread and I can say over two years of messing around with this issue I’ve never fully solved it! If on shore power, for sure using a ceramic AC powered heater is WAAAAY better. More quiet, and you can leave it in the middle
    of the “common area” and it self regulates much better. Since we’ve been boondocking more lately in colder months, I’m going through different trials on manually dampening the vents in the bedroom and common area, especially because it’s freeeeezing in the bathroom!

I think the fact that there’s a vent within a few feet of the thermostat is the root problem, just trying to figure out a way to overcome it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by wileyAZ46; 04-04-2020 at 09:25 PM.
    John and Jessica - Plus 3 Kids...2 Cats...2 Dogs
    Tucson, AZ - Sabino Creek

2019 Imagine 2800BH
    Towing with 2018 Ford F-150 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 Super Crew

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LivingAdventure View Post
    Hey everyone we just moved into our imagine 2150rb. i know this thread is a little old but im having concerns about how often the furnace is cycling on and off. we live near calgary alberta and the currant temp is between -10 to -2 C ( 12 to 28 F for you southern folks) so not cold cold but still cold. our furnace is currently cycling roughly 7 mins on 7 mins off seems a little fast. thermostat is set at 19C (66F). our previous trailer used to let the temp drop about 5-6 degrees then turn on but this one seems only let the temp drop 2 degrees then catches it. thanks for any info probably just over cautious.

Devon
    One possible cause is if a heat vent is blowing on (or near) the thermostat. I have heard of this on some trailers.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoChris View Post
    One possible cause is if a heat vent is blowing on (or near) the thermostat. I have heard of this on some trailers.

Chris
    I know our thermostat is on the same wall that the hutch is on and the stuff in the drawers gets hot. I would think the wall itself gets hot.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2020 2800bh in the same situation. I just picked it up at the dealer where I left it over the winter to address some warranty issues including the lack of heat and the furnace kicking on and off. They claimed to have resolved the issue. They didn't.

If you take the side panel off under the kitchen sink you can get some access to the plenum. I found there were only 3 heat ducts coming out of the furnace. One to the bedroom, and one 4 ft away at the bedroom door under the thermostat. The third runs behind the refrigerator going into the underbelly behind the fuse box. This third line feeds the 2 inch (yes, it is only a 2 inch line) which vents into the living area below the pantry, heats the underbelly, and feeds the "2 inch" line in the bathroom. All in all IMO this third line is near useless and transfers very little heat, especially in the bathroom.

I know there is at least one cut out available on the plenum so my plan is start tearing things apart and add at least one or two additional ducts to try to increase flow and redistribute the heat.

Heat cycling on and off:
    It makes sense that having a heat duct located directly under the thermostat could cause it to cycle. However, my thermostat is set at 66 so why would the furnace start cycling on and off when the thermostat is showing the temperature to be 57? I'm wondering if there might be a limit switch on the furnace which might turn if off when the plenum itself reaches a certain temperature. Hopefully, adding ductwork and increasing the flow will help resolve this.

Two years ago I built a 2400 sq ft colonial for my daughter and I heated it with an 85k btu furnace. I can't believe a 35k btu furnace can't heat my little trailer.
    Norb
    Upstate NY
    2020 Imagine 2800BH
    2013 Keystone Bullet 23BHS
    2015 Sportcraft AR-ONE 25BH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2019 2800bh and I installed two of these:

Valterra Black A10-3353VP Rotating/Dampered Heating and A/C Register-4" ID x 5-3/8" OD

I put one in the bedroom and one at the end of the cabinet under the sink. I keep them both about 50% open. This seems to help even out the air flow throughout the camper.
    2019 2800bh
    2018 Silverado 1500

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimitedmatt View Post
    I have a 2019 2800bh and I installed two of these:

Valterra Black A10-3353VP Rotating/Dampered Heating and A/C Register-4" ID x 5-3/8" OD

I put one in the bedroom and one at the end of the cabinet under the sink. I keep them both about 50% open. This seems to help even out the air flow throughout the camper.
    Thanks Matt, I'm gonna get a few and give this a shot!
    John and Jessica - Plus 3 Kids...2 Cats...2 Dogs
    Tucson, AZ - Sabino Creek

2019 Imagine 2800BH
    Towing with 2018 Ford F-150 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 Super Crew

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On our 2500RL the thermostat is mounted in the bedroom to the wall between the bedroom and bathroom. We don’t have any issues. It seems to run 5-7 minutes then off for 30-40 minutes. Maybe consider relocating it or the rotating vents.

2018 F-250 6.7L Leveled, 35’s.
    2019 Imagine 2500RL, 640w Solar, Lion UT1300s, 3000w Inverter
    CRE3000, Sumosprings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a brand new 2020 2670mk and have the same problem with the bedroom being almost 10 degrees warmer mainly because the furnace is right beside the bedroom. Are the vents easy to pop out or did you have to take the wall apart?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast