User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Suggestions for spring and equalizer upgrade

We are about to have some other warranty stuff done and so far our flat springs are being denied by Dexter because they already replaced a bent axle when our unit was brand new. Regardless of if they get covered or not we have to replace them before hitting the road again. What is y’alls suggestions for better springs than came on it and whether the Moryde or Eqa-flex would be the better option. We have a 2018 312BHTS. Thanks!
    Chris and Karen - currently on the coast of the Olympic Peninsula

Roaming the country full time with our 2018 312BHTS Reflection behind a 2016 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins and two preschoolers who are highly addicted to camping.

Follow our adventures @brownsignjunkies

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizardqing View Post
    We are about to have some other warranty stuff done and so far our flat springs are being denied by Dexter because they already replaced a bent axle when our unit was brand new. Regardless of if they get covered or not we have to replace them before hitting the road again. What is y’alls suggestions for better springs than came on it and whether the Moryde or Eqa-flex would be the better option. We have a 2018 312BHTS. Thanks!
    Hi Chris! I installed the Morryde wet bolts and HD shackles along with the CR 3000 equalizers on my 315 and highly recommend them. No experience with the Equa-flex units from Lippert.
    I also replaced my springs last spring. See what I did there? Wish I could tell you the brand, they were sourced by a big rig repair shop and were installed when my axles were replaced under warranty. The shop manager said they were Canadian. After several thousand miles these springs haven't flattened a bit. I did have them install heavier (3000lb) springs on the kitchen side to help with the extra weight on that side, about 600lbs. Trailer now rides level side to side instead of 3/4 inch low.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the recommendations!
    Chris and Karen - currently on the coast of the Olympic Peninsula

Roaming the country full time with our 2018 312BHTS Reflection behind a 2016 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins and two preschoolers who are highly addicted to camping.

Follow our adventures @brownsignjunkies

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblueman View Post
    Hi Chris! I installed the Morryde wet bolts and HD shackles along with the CR 3000 equalizers on my 315 and highly recommend them. No experience with the Equa-flex units from Lippert.
    I also replaced my springs last spring. See what I did there? Wish I could tell you the brand, they were sourced by a big rig repair shop and were installed when my axles were replaced under warranty. The shop manager said they were Canadian. After several thousand miles these springs haven't flattened a bit. I did have them install heavier (3000lb) springs on the kitchen side to help with the extra weight on that side, about 600lbs. Trailer now rides level side to side instead of 3/4 inch low.
    I've really not thought about my RV riding unlevel side to side. Is this a factor with certain trailers or what? I have a 2016 337rls and really wondering if this is a big factor when traveling a lot. Thnx a lot, stay warm, its cold out there in most places
    2017 Ram 3500 DRW 6.7l 4x4 regular cab 3.73 gears 68rfe trans. Payload 6255lbs
    2016 Reflection 337rls

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stimpack View Post
    I've really not thought about my RV riding unlevel side to side. Is this a factor with certain trailers or what? I have a 2016 337rls and really wondering if this is a big factor when traveling a lot. Thnx a lot, stay warm, its cold out there in most places
    You should have received a sheet from GD when you bought your trailer detailing tongue, left side, right side and total weights as it left the factory. My 315 was hundreds of lbs heavier on the kitchen side before food and supplies were added to the fridge and pantry. Your 337 has a almost identical floor plan.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stimpack View Post
    Stimpack - A 337 with a full fridge, pantry, cabinets around the TV and buffet . . . is about 1000 lbs heavier on the street (left) side than on the curb (right) side. Your springs are strong enough, but there are threads on this forum from a few years ago where several members used spacer blocks on the left side to level the RV.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A Morryde equalizer vs an LCI Equa-Flex... Morryde wins my vote. I swapped my Equa-Flex units out for a set of SRE4000 w/X brace and very happy. My unit is on the light end and likely more geared toward the CRE3000 product, but was after the bit of lift that the SRE provides (got 1/2-3/4 of an inch). I also put in the Morryde wet-bolt kit and HD shackles. My springs are a bit flat for my liking, so also added the Sumosprings which ride between the spring and the frame. Overall very happy with the upgrades and the much improved ride.
    2022 Momentum 351M-R
    2019 Ford F450 Platinum CC 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; Truck Covers USA American Work Tonneau; B&W 25K hitch; Airlift 5000 Ultimate+ w/WirelessAir; ZRoadZ back-up lamps
    Gone: 2018 Reflection 28BH; 2017 Ford F350 Platinum CCSB 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; 2015 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB Dmax
    Gone but still in the family: 2004.5 Chev 2500HD CCSB LTZ Dmax

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are about to have some other warranty stuff done and so far our flat springs are being denied by Dexter because they already replaced a bent axle when our unit was brand new
    How did you know you had a bent axle? What were the symptoms?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want to go "full boat" upgrade, look into the Comfort Ride Suspension. Removes the springs and replaces them with actual shocks.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just had me 2017 328 momentum toy hauler break a leaf spring, just cracked. Anyone know the limits on the springs and axle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast