User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LV Naturist View Post
    Hulu is one of the streaming services we are considering, but we are leaning more toward DirecTV Now. Curious why you feel Hulu is much better than DTN?

John
    There is no customer service on DTN. When it is offline or a channel doesn't work, it is just too bad. This happened to us often in the beginning. I also do not care for their basic lineup. We also had trouble with DTN and Roku. The DTN app would blow up twice or three times a week and require a reinstall. It may be better now but Hulu has been fantastic from day one.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JColeman View Post
    There is no customer service on DTN. When it is offline or a channel doesn't work, it is just too bad. This happened to us often in the beginning. I also do not care for their basic lineup. We also had trouble with DTN and Roku. The DTN app would blow up twice or three times a week and require a reinstall. It may be better now but Hulu has been fantastic from day one.
    Thank you Jeff, that's valuable information. We are looking at Hulu + Live TV (I think that's what they call it), Youtube TV, and DTN. Our Roku will be delivered tomorrow and the three top contenders all offer a free trial subscription. This way we can make our decision based on viewing the content and watching for glitches in their service. The biggest driving force behind all of this is our cable bill went from $155 to $215 per month with no change in service. I could go down there and renegotiate, but they tend to do this every year and we're done. Satellite is not off the table at this point, just looking at alternatives before spending the bucks on equipment for satellite.

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LV Naturist View Post
    Thank you Jeff, that's valuable information. We are looking at Hulu + Live TV (I think that's what they call it), Youtube TV, and DTN. Our Roku will be delivered tomorrow and the three top contenders all offer a free trial subscription. This way we can make our decision based on viewing the content and watching for glitches in their service. The biggest driving force behind all of this is our cable bill went from $155 to $215 per month with no change in service. I could go down there and renegotiate, but they tend to do this every year and we're done. Satellite is not off the table at this point, just looking at alternatives before spending the bucks on equipment for satellite.

John
    Good choice on the free trials. We also left DTV satellite because it was ridiculous to pay almost $200 for TV that we mostly didn't care about. Hulu+Live TV covered all of the DTV content for us and didn't give any more money to the people who had been overcharging us for years. We also stream Amazon Prime and Netflix and don't miss anything that DTV offered. Quite the contrary, we would not go back.

Since steaming is far more problematic when travelling, we went with a Dish satellite and RV package. While we went with a Wineguard Trav'ler, you can buy the Dish portable antenna bundle pretty inexpensively.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    (Free) Pluto TV, Sling TV, Hulu, Netflix and Amazon Prime.. all ran through an amazon fire tv stick. I had DirectTV Now but I felt it was too expensive..

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are full time RV's and we have dish at this time, i have had it for 18 year when I had a house to live in. When I went to full time RVing I kept the dish. I do not have an automatic dish I have to set it every time we move. I plan on getting one though. It has worked for me except when we move I sometimes have a problem finding the satellites. I use to install for dish in Montana, but this new Hopper is terrible to set up. but it is the only receiver that has HD on all tv's and we like taping al of our shows. My bill is $123 a month witch I don't think is bad. Tried streaming with Verizon, and that dose not work to expensive, usies up the gigabyte to fast. I think Dish is the best for us.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there was a post on here about using a jetpack 8800L from verizon with unlimited data plan, like $65 per month,

https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...Prepay-Hotspot

im going this route then add a firetv box loaded up with free apps to watch what ever i want, wife hates the idea because she wants to "cut electronic" but i need to unwind with a beer and a game if its on and watch something to fall asleep to

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed a tailgater dish and two Dish receivers in the RV last summer. I was not impressed. It was a hassle changing local stations and it just didn't seem like a good value.

Last fall we started streaming using Tmo, but good bandwidth wasn't always available.

A couple of months ago, Verizon came out with their prepaid unlimited hotspot plan and we haven't looked back. I just upgraded to the 8800L hotspot and it works even better. We have Roku on all the TV's at home and in the RV and there is no shortage of live or on demand TV. YouTubeTV and HuluUnlimited have local stations. We also like BritBox so my wife can watch her Brit soaps. Actually, the UK has some very good shows and we watch that almost as much as US TV.
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    We have 2 Stick and Brick homes and the RV. We have dish TV at all 3.

For the 2nd home dish installed a Satellite Dish and wired 3 bedrooms and family room with coax in the Second home for free. They call it “Snowbird” plan. We bring our Receivers with us when we go to the second weekend, vacation ranch/house. Nothing is needed to activate when they are moved. The Hopper receiver is also a DVR and 2 other Joey receivers for bedrooms.

For the RV we have a Dish Winegard Pathway X2 and a pair of Wally receivers. When we go on a trip we call dish and they activate the receivers for $7/mo each, prorated. After a trip we call and they deactivate them and cancel the $7/mo charge.

At both S&B homes we have internet so in addition to watching live TV we can stream on demand major networks, Showtime and Netflix through the Dish account, and Amazon Prime through an Apple TV box.

This has been working very well for us.
    I like the sound fo your system - watched a couple you tubes on it and winding how you secure it? No concern of some knucklehead running off with it? If I understood correctly this model is not roof mounted. I know thats good since you can locate clear of tree limbs, but wondering about security?

Thanks!
    Steve

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTX View Post
    I installed a tailgater dish and two Dish receivers in the RV last summer. I was not impressed. It was a hassle changing local stations and it just didn't seem like a good value.

Last fall we started streaming using Tmo, but good bandwidth wasn't always available.

A couple of months ago, Verizon came out with their prepaid unlimited hotspot plan and we haven't looked back. I just upgraded to the 8800L hotspot and it works even better. We have Roku on all the TV's at home and in the RV and there is no shortage of live or on demand TV. YouTubeTV and HuluUnlimited have local stations. We also like BritBox so my wife can watch her Brit soaps. Actually, the UK has some very good shows and we watch that almost as much as US TV.
    We are going with the Verizon hotspot as well, going to run it off an apple cell phone acting as the hotspot. Right now we are living in the RV behind our home as its on the market and being shown. We have a router in the house with a 2.4 GH band and a 5GH band connected to the internet via Time Warner Cable. The router is some 50-60 yards away from the RV. Our Blue-ray player connects to the router via WiFi and I was streaming netflix last night. Our cell phones and desk top computer also connect to the router via WiFi. I think the Verizon hot spot will work well, has good reviews! If no service we will take a walk or go hiking!
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazon Firestick 4k and YouTube tv. 17 nights out on our last trip. We had wifi for 14 of them. The other 3 we had cell coverage to hotspot from. I did add a length of coax when we got back home to the storage bay as a few places offered Dish at the pole as part of the overnight fee. I did channel searches a few times as well for Ota channels. Always found a few. A couple of places had tons of channels.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast