User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reflection 150 Series230RL Window Replacement, 3 of them

Well, it happened, as I thought it would. The second I put my hands on the windows in this thing, I knew it was a very weak point--compared to the rest of the coach. And, I was right. First rain, leak in back window, 2nd rain, leak in back window after it was resealed (just on the outside). Last night, holy moly. It rained harder and all 3 slide windows were leaking from mild to Holy MOLY. So, I contacted my mobile guy because I am at a work site and in the RV for a couple more months. I called the Grand Design customer service rep I have been working with while the mobile guy was assessing the situation, taking pictures etc.

WOW. The middle section of the windows on all of them are bowed. The slide window and the seal that the window slides against and would otherwise protect it from leaks do not make contact except for the bottom and the very top. The wind and rain are simply blowing in and collecting water in the frame and causing havoc. EVERY Lippert slide window in the coach is doing it and GD is replacing them all. The rep states she is having them sent to the mobile guy via 3 day shipping. My concern is that these windows are a horrible design and I discussed that with the rep who assured me it would be taken care of if the new windows are of the same poor quality, and I do mean POOR QUALITY.

I am a little in shock. I just never expected this, and if they send the same poor quality windows I will have to do it all again, I will insist on either a custom window or the double pane. Terrible windows. Shame on that horrific company Lippert. Even if the sizing was inaccurate and caused the bowing, these are the cheapest and most horrific windows imaginable. The glass is thin, and doesn't even seat appropriately in the Frame.

The customer service rep has been great, but man-oh-man. One month in, yikes.
    Last edited by howson; 01-17-2019 at 05:00 PM. Reason: edited as creative cussing is discouraged--moderator Howard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just had to replace one of my rear windows with poly-carbonate, and when installing it I noticed that the seal did not fit very well against my window either. I'm hoping when it gets hot this summer, maybe it will soften the rubber some and it will fit better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Jim and Judy in a Ram 2500 towing a
    2015 Reflection 29RS with modifications

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Polkadotti View Post
    Well, it happened, as I thought it would. The second I put my hands on the windows in this thing, I knew it was a very weak point--compared to the rest of the coach. And, I was right. First rain, leak in back window, 2nd rain, leak in back window after it was resealed (just on the outside). Last night, holy moly. It rained harder and all 3 slide windows were leaking from mild to Holy MOLY. So, I contacted my mobile guy because I am at a work site and in the RV for a couple more months. I called the Grand Design customer service rep I have been working with while the mobile guy was assessing the situation, taking pictures etc.

WOW. The middle section of the windows on all of them are bowed. The slide window and the seal that the window slides against and would otherwise protect it from leaks do not make contact except for the bottom and the very top. The wind and rain are simply blowing in and collecting water in the frame and causing havoc. EVERY Lippert slide window in the coach is doing it and GD is replacing them all. The rep states she is having them sent to the mobile guy via 3 day shipping. My concern is that these windows are a horrible design and I discussed that with the rep who assured me it would be taken care of if the new windows are of the same poor quality, and I do mean POOR QUALITY.

I am a little in shock. I just never expected this, and if they send the same poor quality windows I will have to do it all again, I will insist on either a custom window or the double pane. Terrible windows. Shame on that horrific company Lippert. Even if the sizing was inaccurate and caused the bowing, these are the cheapest and most horrific windows imaginable. The glass is thin, and doesn't even seat appropriately in the Frame.

Hi Polkadotti - We are looking at the Reflection 150 273 MK model. How did it turn out with your windows????

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We just discovered the same bow in the bedroom window of our 230RL, along with leaks in the back window and the dinette window. Has your situation been resolved?
    We have only had ours a few months now. Upon looking for cause of leaks, I found spider cracks in the fiberglass on the front cap. Not very happy right now...
    Former 2022 Solitude 310GKR w/8K axles & disc brakes, factory solar
    Formerly 2019 Reflection 230RL, 2019 Reflection 320MKS, and 2015 Outback Terrain 230TRS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grand Design replaced all 3 windows. Shipped them to my mobile guy as I was in the RV on a work assignment. Mobile guy installed in a couple of hours and the new windows were much better and have held up to Northern Cali rainstorms. It was a pain, but GD came through—so call customer service and find a rep you are comfortable with and deal with them only. That’s what I did. Hope this helps.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grand Design replaced all 3 windows. Shipped them to my mobile guy as I was in the RV on a work assignment. Mobile guy installed in a couple of hours and the new windows were much better and have held up to Northern Cali rainstorms. It was a pain, but GD came through—so call customer service and find a rep you are comfortable with and deal with them only. That’s what I did. Hope this helps.
    Thanks! We are currently in middle of 9 week trip so we will call today to see if we can set something up along our trip.
    Former 2022 Solitude 310GKR w/8K axles & disc brakes, factory solar
    Formerly 2019 Reflection 230RL, 2019 Reflection 320MKS, and 2015 Outback Terrain 230TRS