Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: High Insurance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine is also about $1,000 / year through Wayfarer Insurance (underwritten by AVIVA). Its insured as a house and a vehicle because that's what an RV is .

Full replacement cost (1st - 5yrs). Dollar Amount paid (next 3 or 5 years (I forgot which)). Covered perils for RV and contents from damages such as weather and accidents (had a roof replaced under the insure in riot years due to a rip). Theft of contents )like a house). Repairs due to accidents just like a vehicle. There is a deductible that varies with incident. I merged my vehicles and house to maximize discounts.

Its only $83/month - LESS than the cost to fill my truck with diesel
    Aaron & Donna
    2014 Solitude 369RLS #1067
    2010 Dodge RAM 3500 SLT Mega-Cab 4x4 SRW 6.7L Cummins Diesel
    AMP Power Step Running Boards, Bed Step, & Bed Step2; Garmin RV760 GPS & EEZRV TPMS; Truck Covers USA Roll Cover
    Firestone Rear Air Suspension System, on-board compressor with 5 Gallon tank and Air port; Hijacker 16K Ultra Slider 5th Wheel Hitch, Dee Zee Truck Tailgate Assist; DU-HA Humpstor Truck Bed Storage Box; Voyager Rear Back Up Camera System
    YAKUPSŪ Vertical Kayak Rack and Custom Lippert 2" Receiver; Sailun S637ST tires; WeBoost Cell Phone Booster.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
    We just got the insurance bill on our 369RL and about had a heart attack! We have all of our insurance with one company so we just called and told them what we bought. They didn't give us the cost at that time. It is almost $950.00 a year to insure! That's more then my Lexus! Just wondering what the rest of you are paying and with what company. We will have to do some shopping around!!

Sandi, et al,

Shop around...that sounds awful high.. our RV insurance (USAA) is less than a 1/3 of your quote --$500 deductible tho, parked in a secured, monitored and covered RV lot. Probably after I get done paying RV storage fees it is a wash.

Below is Consumer Reports ratings of insurance companies. (90,000 responses - 100 pts )

Amica

USAA

Auto-Owners

Erie

Nationwide

Metlife

Hartford

State Farm

Travelers

Liberty Mutual

California State Auto Group

American Family

Farmers

Allstate
    Dean and Cindy
    2014 337 RLS
    Firestone Ride - Rite Airbags
    Ford F-250 6.7 Diesel

Harlech
    Mine is $1100 a year but that's for the fulltime rate with agreed value.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12