Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGillis View Post
    Hi everyone!
    Since we are talking about sealing the coroplast. I maybe worng, but is there not big round holes in the frame for the slides to go in and out? Scott
    Yes, there are. I shielded these openings to prevent water intrusion while traveling in the rain. I live in the Great Northwet after all.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGillis View Post
    Hi everyone!
    Since we are talking about sealing the coroplast. I maybe worng, but is there not big round holes in the frame for the slides to go in and out? Scott
    Hi Scott - You bring up a good point! When the slides are pulled in, the "stop can" covers most of the slide drive hole in the frame, but when the slides are out, these holes would be a path for a large air leaks into the underbelly. In the attached pictures, you can see the opening (obviously not well centred around the slide drive!) and the witness mark where the stop can chafes against the frame rail while travelling.

In the situation that I encountered, the only before/after physical change was dropping the coroplast and then securing it back into place without sealing around the edges. In this instance, the wind was coming from the left rear quarter where there are no slide drive openings . . . but, your point is well taken.

Some type of rubber sheet gasket around the slide drive and over the rest of the hole seems like a good idea. This would also isolate the metal-to-metal chafe between the stop can and the frame rail. I think that either Kim (@Chiefblueman) or Gene (@gbkims) may have already done this ??

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4043.jpg   IMG_4045.jpg  
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't put any on, but Chiefblueman and others have to keep water out.
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...Solitude-344GK
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...le-check/page3
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12