Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliwalnutz View Post
    My last brand new Kodiak had zero defects.

I have a hard time believing that statement.

We sell Kodiak's, and they are the biggest POS on our lot.....not for long though, they are going away shortly.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trailer is at the dealer waiting to have my long list looked at. The main issue is the slide that was rubbing on the flooring and caused a hole and some shiny spots in the floor. There's also a couple of bubbles underneath the flooring. The technician informed that the entire floor would need to be replaced which means the trailer needs to be gutted and the slide re-adjusted. Waiting to hear back on what GD says. Since my first post a few new issues have popped up including stairs that are pretty lopsided, a propane leak, a smoking electrical outlet which fried my vaccum, bad grease seals or something as I get grease all over the rims on one side. Broken strap for propane line, broken screws on metal supports that hold the skirting, cracked fender and door stop from screws that are too tight. I have fixed minor issues like blinds that won't stay up and a couple pieced of trim that fell off. I also have a couple decals with small bubbles but it is not that noticeable.
    I really must of bought a lemon as the technician did say that the GD units are holding up well and are not coming back for repairs much.
    Paul
    North Bay, Ontario
    2014 Reflection 293RES
    VIN # 200283
    2014 Ram 2500

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, I am with you.

My dealer was really iffy at best. I had a great salesman that stayed on top of issues(he is gone now). Like you I was shocked at the treatment, a roughly $90K item and the dealers are like used car lots.

I wanted my Momentum and was not stopped because of the dealers half efforts, razzle dazzle, smoke and mirrors. So far the LED lighting on the front door awning is failing, some tears/separations on the leather seating are the only real issues I have. I have never heard a louder a/c unit in the master br, took some real getting used to. As soon as college football season is over, I guess I have a factory recall on the axles....always cost me money to tow to the dealer.

Fajah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I contacted Bill at GD who then had Jerry (VP of customer service) contact me about my issues. I have to say that both the manufacturer and the dealership are going above and beyond to ensure that all of the issues will be dealt with and they have both stepped up to make everything right. I can't say enough about the customer service I am getting from both.
    Paul
    North Bay, Ontario
    2014 Reflection 293RES
    VIN # 200283
    2014 Ram 2500

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dixie RV was my dealer, you will see the survey I sent back to them, both by email and snail mail. No response, they give the business that used car dealership feel. Letters from owners promising follow up on any issues, you get nothing. I should have driven a few hours more and bought from someone else. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1032.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	91.0 KB 
ID:	1065
    Fajah
    "you know, the daddy, freaky deaky dutch"
    Momentum 355th

barkermd
    I bought a 2014 Solitude from Dixie last December. To date, they have had my rig almost as much as I have and it's not quite a year old. I continue to have issues with mine, which they always correct, but every time that I get ready to go camping, something else happens and it's back to the shop.. And I feel your pain, it costs me money every time I have to carry it back to them. Bob in service tries to stay on top of things, but you have to just stay on top of them as well. And the technicians have also screwed up things on mine as well that they have had to fix at their expense. Unfortunately, I have bought from many other dealers, and all of them are about the same, in my experience anyway. From Camping World to Lazy Days.. I love my Grand Design, and customer service at GD has been really great, as well as the G.M., but I am really not happy with my rig because of so many issues.. If it were a car, I would be filing a Lemon Law Case. If things continue we will be forced to get another brand because we want to be able to use it from time to time...

We live in DeFuniak Springs

Britree
    Paul I feel your pain, everyone keeps saying hang in there GD will make it right, they are good people. Well my problem is why did GD let all these defects get past their quality control people, does anyone monitor what they put out. It is a hassle to keep taking it back to the dealer. We bought our 2015 337 RLS in Oct, we have many issues and cannot get an apt at the dealer until Jan 2015. I am so tempted to just return this thing

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing to keep in mind, when you all are wondering how things get past leaving the manufacturer.....

The leave the mfg's lot and go to a hauling company. They then get towed across country to the destination dealer, who, hopefully, does a thorough PDI.

They then go into the consumer's possession, who is the very first that actually uses the coach.

It is one thing to do a quick check of the systems when built, and a totally different scenario when it is actually in use.

A new car will never break down when all it does is sit on a dealer's lot. Start driving it, and things happen....
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Updates after 6 weeks with the dealer.

*Dealer informed that they winterized it even though I had told them it had already been done when I dropped it off.
    *Loose wire in the electrical outlet in storage area has been fixed. GD has refunded the cost to replace the vaccum that got fried when I connected it to the defective plug.
    *Cracked plastic fender replaced, cracked door stop on order,
    *Broken support bracket and plastic strap for propane line to fridge replaced.
    *Stairs have been re-adjusted. Looks like it was just loose bolts.
    *Leaking gray tank apparently fixed.
    *The spline coming out of the awning was pushed back in and screwed down.
    *Don't know if they did anything with the stripped screws that hold the awning to the trailer.
    *Pressure test done on propane as I had to replace the leaking regulator. GD refunded me the cost of the regulator that I had to go out and buy while out on a camping trip.
    *Was told the bedroom door was replaced but I found that it is way too tight. Can barely close the door now and there is already signs of damage.
    *Pantry door arrived but door handle/hinges were apparently on the wrong side so another one is on order.
    *They said they fixed my screen door but that wasn't one of my issues. No idea what they fixed.
    *Main entry door still needs to be replaced as it rubs on the hinges. The paint is coming off the hinges and squeaks unless I keep it greased up. The door was installed incorrectly on the frame itself with rivets so can't be adjusted. New door and frame ordered.
    *Along with the very rust frame I had rims that were corroded and paint was peeling. New rims were ordered and received but they can't find them now.
    *They investigated the grease on the rims but say that it didn't come from the bearings which is good news I guess.
    *New table is on order as the one I have has white haze on it.
    *The flooring still needs to be replaced which requires the lower part of the trailer to be gutted. Before that can be done they have to fix the slide. Based on the quality of work on the bedroom door I am very worried about this job.
    *Dining slide has some kind of threshold that goes across the bottom to act as a bump up and allow space between the flooring in the unit and the bottom of the slide out. This threshold is not made of solid material and somehow is crushed allowing the slide out to drag on the floor.
    Overall still a lot of work to be done. Suspect it will be another 6 weeks. GD will reset the warranty once its all fixed. GD and the dealer are going to install 3 slide toppers for free for all my trouble. GD is paying for the parts and dealer is throwing in the labor. This is very nice on both their part but I still regret buying this trailer. I really just want it replaced.
    Paul
    North Bay, Ontario
    2014 Reflection 293RES
    VIN # 200283
    2014 Ram 2500

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barkermd View Post
    I bought a 2014 Solitude from Dixie last December. To date, they have had my rig almost as much as I have and it's not quite a year old. I continue to have issues with mine, which they always correct, but every time that I get ready to go camping, something else happens and it's back to the shop.. And I feel your pain, it costs me money every time I have to carry it back to them. Bob in service tries to stay on top of things, but you have to just stay on top of them as well. And the technicians have also screwed up things on mine as well that they have had to fix at their expense. Unfortunately, I have bought from many other dealers, and all of them are about the same, in my experience anyway. From Camping World to Lazy Days.. I love my Grand Design, and customer service at GD has been really great, as well as the G.M., but I am really not happy with my rig because of so many issues.. If it were a car, I would be filing a Lemon Law Case. If things continue we will be forced to get another brand because we want to be able to use it from time to time...

We live in DeFuniak Springs
    I was at Dixie a while back and they were having troubles finding the keys to my rig, I suggested to the girl helping me that I go look with her as I could recognize them easily. The service manager did not want me in the shop and from his office he has windows that look towards the shop and out into the show room. When the girl took me to the shop I looked back and watched the Service Manager have a throwing clipboards and other things tantrum, one of the silliest things I have seen in a while. I tell you that Dixie could use a serious manager that would run things in a customer focused way. I hear that every now and then one of the kids of the owners drop by for a visit and they could care less, Daddy's money and all.

RV dealers, the new aluminum siding salesmen of today.
    Fajah
    "you know, the daddy, freaky deaky dutch"
    Momentum 355th

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast