I purchased my Reflection 293 at the end of June 2014. Built in Nov 2013. Overall I am not pleased with my purchase.

When I first looked at the trailer I noticed some rust on the frame and corrosion on the latches. Salesman said all that would be painted and polished before pick up. Of course this didn't happen. Actually the dealer didn't even wash the trailer. It was very dirty when we picked it up and of course they make you sign the papers in one building and then take you to see your trailer in a different building afterwards (BIG MISTAKE). This is 2 hours from home and 2 days before a long weekend so coming back wasn't an option.

* I took it home to find a very rusty frame and corroded latches. I removed the wheels to paint the frame and found the rims were also corroded. Wheel manufacturer is supposed to be shipping new wheels. Took over 2 fulls days to scrape, paint and undercoat the frame. The other option was to bring the trailer back to dealer which is 2 hour drive.
*Hot water tank wasn't working on the 1st trip. Found that the tank was not plugged into the outlet inside the cabinet.
*Trim above the oven was sagging (It wasn't glued or nailed).
*The paint on the top hinge of the entry door was coming off and the door was squeaky. I found that the hinge was installed right tight against the door so the door is rubbing on the hinge. The other 2 hinges have a gap. The entire door and frame needs to be replaced. GD is apparently shipping a new assembly to the dealer.
*Pantry door needs to be replaced as the screws that attach the latch to the frame were put in at an angle causing them to rub right through the plastic coating on the door.
*Black tank isn't closing properly. Plumbing is full of brown water when I remove the cap so I get a nice splash.
*The biggest issue is that I found a hole in the linoleum on the first trip. Close examination found that there is some type of bubbling from the floor underneath. The slide was rubbing on this bubble and caused a hole. The area has also turned glossy from the rubbing. GD is supposed to ship new flooring but the dealer is expecting to do the fix. I am very concerned about the dealer repairing this as everything needs to be removed to do it right. (slides, island and lots of cabinets). This is a huge job to repair. There are other bubbles beside the island but the slide doesn't go that far so there is no rubbing.
*I read this morning about people with awning issues. I just checked mine and found 2 stripped screws and most were pretty lose. I will have to replace the stripped screws now.
*Remote for stereo and fireplace were missing when I picked it up (I assume the dealer lost them). I picked up replacements a couple weeks later but the remote for fireplace doesn't work.

I am pretty disappointed with my purchase.