Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Too many issues with new trailer.

I purchased my Reflection 293 at the end of June 2014. Built in Nov 2013. Overall I am not pleased with my purchase.

When I first looked at the trailer I noticed some rust on the frame and corrosion on the latches. Salesman said all that would be painted and polished before pick up. Of course this didn't happen. Actually the dealer didn't even wash the trailer. It was very dirty when we picked it up and of course they make you sign the papers in one building and then take you to see your trailer in a different building afterwards (BIG MISTAKE). This is 2 hours from home and 2 days before a long weekend so coming back wasn't an option.

* I took it home to find a very rusty frame and corroded latches. I removed the wheels to paint the frame and found the rims were also corroded. Wheel manufacturer is supposed to be shipping new wheels. Took over 2 fulls days to scrape, paint and undercoat the frame. The other option was to bring the trailer back to dealer which is 2 hour drive.
    *Hot water tank wasn't working on the 1st trip. Found that the tank was not plugged into the outlet inside the cabinet.
    *Trim above the oven was sagging (It wasn't glued or nailed).
    *The paint on the top hinge of the entry door was coming off and the door was squeaky. I found that the hinge was installed right tight against the door so the door is rubbing on the hinge. The other 2 hinges have a gap. The entire door and frame needs to be replaced. GD is apparently shipping a new assembly to the dealer.
    *Pantry door needs to be replaced as the screws that attach the latch to the frame were put in at an angle causing them to rub right through the plastic coating on the door.
    *Black tank isn't closing properly. Plumbing is full of brown water when I remove the cap so I get a nice splash.
    *The biggest issue is that I found a hole in the linoleum on the first trip. Close examination found that there is some type of bubbling from the floor underneath. The slide was rubbing on this bubble and caused a hole. The area has also turned glossy from the rubbing. GD is supposed to ship new flooring but the dealer is expecting to do the fix. I am very concerned about the dealer repairing this as everything needs to be removed to do it right. (slides, island and lots of cabinets). This is a huge job to repair. There are other bubbles beside the island but the slide doesn't go that far so there is no rubbing.
    *I read this morning about people with awning issues. I just checked mine and found 2 stripped screws and most were pretty lose. I will have to replace the stripped screws now.
    *Remote for stereo and fireplace were missing when I picked it up (I assume the dealer lost them). I picked up replacements a couple weeks later but the remote for fireplace doesn't work.

I am pretty disappointed with my purchase.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum Paul, sorry to hear about your issues.

Steve

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, I can understand your frustration and your need to get it off your chest, but hang in there. Have you been in touch with Grand Design? I can't imagine that they would accept anything but complete resolution and satisfaction for you. We believe this is what distinguishes GD from other RV companies; your problem becomes their problem. They have an amazing customer service so I would encourage you to contact them. Good luck!
    "It's the journey that matters-not the destination."
    Ken & Suzi
    2013 2500HD Silvarado Duramax
    2015 303RLS

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We've had lots of problems too, but GD has been top notch in getting them resolved in a quick fashion. Make sure you call customer service so they know exactly what your concerns are.

Welcome to the forum, and I sure hope we see some posts that show you're satisfied with GD in the future.

Jim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the welcome.

I did email GD about the rims when my dealer told me that the request to replace them had been denied. GD emailed me back saying that the manufacturer deals with those problems directly so the dealer is in the process of getting replacements through the wheel manufacturer.

The other issues I emailed GD yesterday but my dealer has been aware for a few weeks. My dealer has never called or emailed me any status updates. I have to call them weekly to find out what is going on. I emailed the dealer on Thursday and they inform that parts are on order to replace the entry door and pantry door and new flooring is supposedly coming. The dealer says that they have requested that the entire floor be replaced which is the only option I would consider but do I really want a trailer that has been dis-assembled and put back together by my dealer? Defeats the purpose of buying new.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear about your woes, Paul.
    I hope all is resolved to your satisfaction soon.
    Renee & Bill -- Central Louisiana
    2014 Solitude 305RE #404
    2007 F250

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Customer Service at GD informs that they are only going to "patch" the floor. They also don't warranty the repair. Whoever does the repair (dealer) takes care of the warranty. This is a very visible and high traffic area right in front of the dinette so this is not at all what I would find acceptable. How long before this patch starts to lift or seperate? One user on this forum had a similar repair and said the fixed area now looks like a peeling sunburn.

Overall there should not be this many issues and I feel that the quality statements from the website are just empty promises. My last brand new Kodiak had zero defects.
    "quality that is second to none"
    "you can count on the highest level of quality in every Grand Design trailer we manufacture"
    "building you the highest quality product in the marketplace"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliwalnutz View Post
    Customer Service at GD informs that they are only going to "patch" the floor. They also don't warranty the repair. Whoever does the repair (dealer) takes care of the warranty. This is a very visible and high traffic area right in front of the dinette so this is not at all what I would find acceptable. How long before this patch starts to lift or seperate? One user on this forum had a similar repair and said the fixed area now looks like a peeling sunburn.

Overall there should not be this many issues and I feel that the quality statements from the website are just empty promises. My last brand new Kodiak had zero defects.
    "quality that is second to none"
    "you can count on the highest level of quality in every Grand Design trailer we manufacture"
    "building you the highest quality product in the marketplace"
    I don't know if this will make you feel any better but I have 2 friends with Solitudes that had to have floor "repairs" made. I can only say that the repairs were not visible until they pointed them out and I looked real close. It has been months since the repairs and they seem to be holding up fine. I will also say that a "repair" is only as good as the person doing it. If done right, it should look and last just fine. I truly hope that you can get your issues resolved to your satisfaction.
    Andy & Julie
    Gig Harbor, Wa
    2014 Solitude 369RL S/N 104
    2012 F350 SWR 4x4 CC 6.7 Diesel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. Good to know someone else has done it. GD can't supply any pictures of any previous fixes. Made me wonder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had what I would call an air bubble between the layers of the flooring. First try was not good. Looked like skin peeling with a sunburn. Second try at repair and you cant see where it was. Looks great. We cant find it anymore.
    Chris and Debbie
    St. Charles County, MO
    2007 Dodge Ram Cummins DRW
    2015 369RL Solitude

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast