User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, thanks.....day trip down 36 on the Aprilia...
    Cal, Marsha and Bear the Labradoodle
    2019 F350 Platinum DRW, 6.7 PSD, 4:10, Firestone Airbags
    Pullrite Superlite
    2019 Momentum 376th
    Aprilia RST1000
    Evelo Aurora E-bikes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calnca View Post
    Yep, that'll work!
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calnca View Post
    One of the best day rides in NorCal. Have fun!
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is Very helpful JCZ! We’re going through here in Fall.

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys headed up to the redwoods this fall......I organized a motorcycle rally for a week. Guys and gals came from all over the west (one guy that's rode with us for more than decade came from Savannah, Ga.) came to the Best Western in Fortuna, Ca. It served as our home base for the week while we rode all the areas that I suggested/recommended in Reply #3 on the first page of this thread. This link is a six page photo journal of that rally that I did.

I apologize.....the large majority are photos that I shot from the seat of my motorcycle while on the fly..... https://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=108167.0
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I live in the Central Valley and I believe you would be doing yourself a disservice not seeing, at least, Sequoia NP. Kings Canyon is beautiful and is a popular start to the serious backpacker. A lot of trail heads start at the bottom of the canyon. Sequoia is home to the General Sherman Sequoia Gigantea and Crystal Cave. It's really fun touring the cave. I have stayed at Sequoia RV Ranch several times. It has 50 amp available and some sites on the river. You would have to call ahead and reserve. The road up to Giant Forest from Three Rivers will not accommodate trailers. No question Yosemite is the gold standard, but, depending on the time of year, that also comes with the crowds and such. During the summer, cars are not allowed in Yosemite Valley, so tour buses run through the valley. The Central Cal Valley can get really hot (100+) sometimes, even in September. Just FYI. All of this is not to discourage you from seeing some of the little known areas. I really hope you come and see the sites in California. They are impressive. Travel Safe.
    Bob and Betty
    Lilly, our Old English Sheepdog
    Penny, our Shitz Tzu/Maltese mix
    New Owners 2019 Imagine 2800BH
    2018 F150 CREW 5.0 V8

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCZhome View Post
    "Never been to California"..... I would strongly suggest that you consider passing on Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks and spend that time in Yosemite National Park. While Kings Canyon and Sequoia (pretty much one and the same) NPs are nice, they do not compare to the beauty of Yosemite. And since Yosemite is geographically a much smaller park so you don't spend all of your time driving from one feature to another. Just something to consider.

If you do go to Yosemite, I would recommend Glacier Point as a "must see". Park in the parking lot at the end (about 15 miles out to the point) and walk the 100 yrds or so on the paved trail to the point for world class views of the Yosemite Valley far below you. Also go walk through the Majestic Yosemite Hotel....go back towards the dining room and turn left into the massive grand room with the massive fire places at each end. Then walk out in to the yard out back...walk out by the creek and then turn to look back at the hotel for another Kodak moment. All the many waterfalls flow their fullest in the spring and is a great time for Yosemite as well as the redwoods up north.

You are about to embark on a vacation that you will never forget. The politics of California suck but the sites to see in Nor Cal are endless and world class. I would say that even if I weren't from Nor Cal simply because it's true.

Note: that state has the highest gas prices in the nation and approx. $1.00 a gallon more than Ariz. (if you go in from I-8 or I-10 from Ariz. Much higher even if you go in through Vegas or Reno.....fill your tank before you cross the state line and then use Gas Buddy app while you're in the state for the best prices where ever you're at. Everything else is more expensive, also.....groceries, hotels, motels and RV parks, etc. But so much to see and do inside Yosemite and in the redwoods that really doesn't cost anything so it's still do-able.

Enjoy your journey.
    We visited Sequoia NP, Kings Canyon NP and Yosemite NP last fall. We stayed 5 days at each park and hiked in each one every day. Yosemite was our least favorite. It is a beautiful park with lots and lots of people, but the Sequoia and Redwood trees are a sight to behold. We very seldom had to deal with crowded parking lots or trails. I am not suggesting skipping Yosemite, but I am recommending to spend a little time at Sequoia and Kings Canyon. Just my opinion.
    Keith & Julie
    Huron, OH
    "Boys and their Toys"
    GD Reflection 337RLS
    Sailfish 266CC Twin Yamaha 150's 4 stroke
    Ford F-350XLT 4X4 SRW 6.7 Diesel Long Bed

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Keith and Julie,
    Would you please share the roads you took to get place to place - as well as campgrounds? We have a 35' Solitude and an F-450 - so cannot drive through Sequoia into Kings Canyon.... Thanks!
    2020 F-450 Lariat, CrewCab 8' bed, diesel
    2020 Solitude S-series 2930rl-R

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We live in northern Ohio and this was our second trip west. We were also aware of how difficult it can be to travel and park in some of the national parks with our F-350. We also were going to San Francisco, Napa Valley, etc. So, after calculating fuel, time, traffic, etc. we opted to leave the 5th wheel at home and drive out in our 40+ mpg car and stay in local motels. We certainly prefer to stay and sleep in our "own dirt" but all worked out OK. Sorry, I can't give you much more info, but for us, going to Sequoia NP an Kings Canyon NP were highlights of our trip. I would recommend stopping at Rocky Mountain NP near Denver if your schedule allows. Safe Travels!
    Keith & Julie
    Huron, OH
    "Boys and their Toys"
    GD Reflection 337RLS
    Sailfish 266CC Twin Yamaha 150's 4 stroke
    Ford F-350XLT 4X4 SRW 6.7 Diesel Long Bed

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you

Thanks JCR GD for the info on campgrounds near Sequoia and Kings Canyon. We were having a lot of trouble finding options and your post lead us to Sequoia RV Ranch and I just made reservations.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast