User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamin' Dreamers View Post
    It sucks that the truck has to be running b/c I was hoping to use the truck hotspot and fire up my ROKU and Sling inside the trailer. Next I'll try my iPhone as a hotspot for the ROKU inside.
    Please post back how you get that to work, I'm an Apple geek and and interested in doing that as well, I love my Roku at home. Cool to see your from Granbury, from '01 to '05 we raced go karts up there at Motorsport Ranch outside of town, what a blast!
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok we have had our jet pack for about 2 weeks and so far it does great!! we love it! This is the best! just thought I would update!! Tara
    Steve & Tara Smiley
    2014 3500 HD Silverado
    2017 Reflection 27RL

Seasoned Camper Dreamin' Dreamers's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Txvfivver: didn't forget about the post back. I just have not been back to where the rig is parked. Might go visit it on the 14th ❤️

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Verizon hotspot (Jetpack or otherwise) will throttle after 15g, and it will go quick if you are streaming anything. Make sure all computers connected to your jetpack are set to metered internet use. If not, automatic Microsoft and other computer app updates can gobble lots of data. Also turn off automatic playback video in web browsers. When Verizon throttles, it limits data to 600 mg and it crawls.
    Brad & Steve
    Amboy, WA (May-November) Points South (Blythe, CA - Yuma, AZ December-April)
    2013 Chev Silverado HD
    2019 Reflections 315 RLTS
    2 Honda TRX 450R ATVs
    1 Spoiled Pusscat, Rusty

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BradLB View Post
    Verizon hotspot (Jetpack or otherwise) will throttle after 15g, and it will go quick if you are streaming anything. Make sure all computers connected to your jetpack are set to metered internet use. If not, automatic Microsoft and other computer app updates can gobble lots of data. Also turn off automatic playback video in web browsers. When Verizon throttles, it limits data to 600 mg and it crawls.
    Are you sure we're talking about the same plan? The Verizon prepaid hospot only plan just came out a couple of months ago. Several people on the Escapees forum have experimented to see how much data they could use before it was throttled and so far, I've seen no reports of throttling. I've seen mine slow down a little during prime time in a poor reception area, but it came back in a little while.

I guess only time will tell if we have found a truly unlimited plan.
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've had the Verizon unlimited data plan since it came out 2 years ago. Jetpacks are for those who don't use a Verizon smart phone since most smart phones have the capability to become a hotspot--see attached photo.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hotspot.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	17643

Any hotspot, Jetpack or otherwise, has a 15 GB limit. Here is a quote from the current Verizon website: With the new Verizon Plan Unlimited, you get a 15 GB allowance of high-speed 4G LTE data for Mobile Hotspot and Jetpacks each billing cycle. ... Data will continue to be unlimited while your Mobile Hotspot is reduced to up to 600 Kbps. Bottom line, if you already had a Verizon smart phone, it can do everything a Jetpack will do & not cost the additional $$$.
    Last edited by BradLB; 02-12-2019 at 12:00 PM.
    Brad & Steve
    Amboy, WA (May-November) Points South (Blythe, CA - Yuma, AZ December-April)
    2013 Chev Silverado HD
    2019 Reflections 315 RLTS
    2 Honda TRX 450R ATVs
    1 Spoiled Pusscat, Rusty

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BradLB View Post
    We've had the Verizon unlimited data plan since it came out 2 years ago. Jetpacks are for those who don't use a Verizon smart phone since most smart phones have the capability to become a hotspot--see attached photo.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hotspot.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	17643

Any hotspot, Jetpack or otherwise, has a 15 GB limit. Here is a quote from the current Verizon website: With the new Verizon Plan Unlimited, you get a 15 GB allowance of high-speed 4G LTE data for Mobile Hotspot and Jetpacks each billing cycle. ... Data will continue to be unlimited while your Mobile Hotspot is reduced to up to 600 Kbps. Bottom line, if you already had a Verizon smart phone, it can do everything a Jetpack will do & not cost the additional $$$.
    I'm not trying to argue with you, rather I'm trying to tell you nicely that Verizon has a NEW plan that actually is unlimited. It is only available as a prepaid account and it only works on a hotspot. $70/month, less $5 for autopay. I don't care what you use, but there are better deals available. Lots of discussion elsewhere on this forum. Also see:
    https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/ver...-for-jetpacks/
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been following this thread with great interest. I just decided to cut ties with my phone/internet company and move to an unlimited plan and go with a mobile hotspot and use their home phone service. I'm still nervous as to how it's going to work out. I bought the Mifi 8800L. Yes I could have used my cell as my hotspot but I chose the "convenience" of having a dedicated device as a hotspot. I did the 2 year contract thing and it cost me $99.99. The plan definitely does say that 15 Gb of 4G LTE data per month and then speeds may reduce to 600 Kbps. The Verizon associate told me this same thing. I have 3 relatives who also have a separate hotspot (not a prepaid plan) and they had the same warning about reduced speeds after so many Gb of data. So far they have blown those data "limits" out of the water and haven't experienced issues. It was because of that, that I chose to give it a try. I will go beyond that 15 Gb limit in about 2 days worth of use. I will report back with what I find. Hoping it does ok!
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch ISR Version
    Predator 3500W Inverter Generator
    2017 Ram 3500 Mega cab SRW w/6.4L Hemi, Ramboxes, Active Air Rear Suspension
    2017 Aluma 8214HS
    2015 Lund Crossover 1775 XS

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been following the mifi hotspot threads also.
    Got me to try the Verizon prepaid, got a SIM and a used 7730L.
    Also to get a Netgear Nighthawk Gen2 for my original ATT Car Connected Unit - ZTE Mobley $20/mo

Both plans state they may have the data slowed due to network congestion after x g/b per month.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/supp...-service-faqs/
    $70 Unlimited monthly plan - Includes:
    Unlimited high speed data**
    Unlimited Talk & Text to the US
    Unlimited Talk to Mexico & Canada
    Unlimited Text to over 200 international destinations, including Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico
    Save $5/month with Auto Pay enrollment
    Save $20/month with Prepaid Family Account
    You can also purchase additional data through My Verizon if you reach your high speed data limit during the month (not applicable on Prepaid Unlimited).

For more details, go to our Prepaid Shop page.

Video streams up to 480p for smartphones and 1080p for tablets and Jetpacks. We may prioritize your data behind other customers during times/places of network congestion.
    *Available on capable devices.
    **Not available for machine-to-machine services.

https://www.att.com/plans/connected-car.html
    Get unlimited data for your car for $20/mo.**
    After 22GB/line/mo. AT&T may slow speeds when the network is busy.

https://www.att.com/plans/connected-car/ram.html#legal
    AT&T Connected Car Unlimited Plan: U.S. only. Consumer and Individual Responsibility Users only. Eligibility: Requires eligible vehicle and new or existing AT&T wireless account
    Data Restrictions: After 22GB of data usage on vehicle Wi-Fi hotspot in a bill cycle, for the rest of the cycle AT&T may slow data speeds on vehicle Wi-Fi hotspot during periods of network congestion. Pricing: $20 per vehicle monthly plan charge (3 vehicles on plan results in $60 monthly plan charge). Devices: Sold separately. Limits: 3 vehicles per plan. Hotspot: Connects a limited number of Wi-Fi capable devices per vehicle hotspot. Devices connected to vehicle’s hotspot use data from your plan. Once a device connects, it will automatically reconnect and use data from your plan unless hotspot is removed from returning device settings or hotspot password is changed. Performance varies based on number of devices connected and other factors. Stream Saver® feature not available for Connected Car embedded devices.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recently signed up for the New prepaid unlimited plan for $65 a month on autopay. They sent me an Ellipsis and it was uninspiring (i.e. a piece of crap). Now I have the MiFi 8800L (life is good). My understanding is that this new prepaid plan is truly unlimited with no throttling.
    Kevin & May - Baltimore, MD
    2018 Ford F-250 Platinum FX4 Diesel
    2019 Grand Design, Reflection 297RSTS
    2016 CVO Harley Davidson, Road Glide Ultra

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast