1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Propane / Regular

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20231102_164054854.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	90.8 KB 
ID:	48736I am not sure what this is for. Any help?
    To old to work, to young to retire
    2019 Momentum 376th
    2018 F350 Lariat 6.7 diesel
    2015 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic Low.

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moved to General Tech Topics....
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's an auto-switching regulator. It controls the flow of propane to the various propane using devices, like the stove/oven. The black handle has an arrow on it, the arrow will point toward the tank that is selected. When that bottle empties, the window turns red, like the picture, and it automatically switches to the other bottle. You then refill/replace the empty tank, turn the lever so the arrow points to the tank you just replaced, and the cycle starts over.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    That's an auto-switching regulator. It controls the flow of propane to the various propane using devices, like the stove/oven. The black handle has an arrow on it, the arrow will point toward the tank that is selected. When that bottle empties, the window turns red, like the picture, and it automatically switches to the other bottle. You then refill/replace the empty tank, turn the lever so the arrow points to the tank you just replaced, and the cycle starts over.
    SO I point the handle toward the tank in use. When tank is empty it turns red. I manually point the handle to the other tank. Okay so I open both bottles and the propane is drawn from the bottle the handle is pointing ?
    To old to work, to young to retire
    2019 Momentum 376th
    2018 F350 Lariat 6.7 diesel
    2015 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic Low.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. Open both tanks. Turn the handle to one of those tanks. When that tank is empty the regulator will automatically switch you to the other tank and the red band will show. When that happens turn the handle to the tank you are now using, turn off the empty tank and take it in to be filled. When it is full replace it on the rack. Turn it on. When the tank you are using empties the regulator will switch you to the tank you just filled. Repeat the process with that empty tank.

Your trailer is old enough that the regulator should be working properly. There was a time when GD got some bad regulators that wouldn't show the red band until both tanks were empty. Pretty easy job to replace the regulator should it be necessary.

When we're on the road I check the propane every morning. When we're here at The Ranch we have a 120 gallon tank, which is supposed to last about a month.
    David Lininger, kb0zke
    Rev. 2:10c
    2022 Reflection 315RLTS, 2016 F350 CC SRW King Ranch
    https://www.smugmug.com/app/organize/2022-315RLTS-Solar

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodak86 View Post
    SO I point the handle toward the tank in use. When tank is empty it turns red. I manually point the handle to the other tank. Okay so I open both bottles and the propane is drawn from the bottle the handle is pointing ?
    You got it. Usually it's best to wait until you actually change the bottles and open the valve on the full bottle before you change the handle. That way you're less likely to forget and run out of propane.
    Last edited by Hoopy Frood; 11-04-2023 at 03:27 PM.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Thank you so much.