User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why things fail so quickly

At the Q&A session this morning I heard directly from Chris: "Grand Design, like everyone else in the RV industry, uses the minimum quality to do the job. If you want something better that's up to you." I understand that there are buyers who only look at the price, and that's fine. Why can't better quality be available (for a price, of course) for those who want and are willing to pay for it?
    David Lininger, kb0zke
    Rev. 2:10c
    2022 Reflection 315RLTS, 2016 F350 CC SRW King Ranch
    https://www.smugmug.com/app/organize/2022-315RLTS-Solar

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kb0zke View Post
    At the Q&A session this morning I heard directly from Chris: "Grand Design, like everyone else in the RV industry, uses the minimum quality to do the job. If you want something better that's up to you." I understand that there are buyers who only look at the price, and that's fine. Why can't better quality be available (for a price, of course) for those who want and are willing to pay for it?
    Yeah.... I think that same thing every time someone posts its crap about covid built trailers having more issues than other years because of the numbers being built... LOL!

Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why things fail so quickly

Nothing wrong with my Imagine and it was bought cheap

Are you having issues with yours?

Btw. Who is Chris?
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chris is one of the mobile service techs that Grand Design has. He is one of the first people to have that job, so he's been around a couple of years.

BTW, he mentioned that they are _required_ to stop and help _any_ RV that is disabled on the side of the road - no matter what brand. The service they provide is free! Great brand PR, yes, but more importantly, that's the way Grand Design operates.
    David Lininger, kb0zke

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chris is one of the mobile service techs that Grand Design has. He is one of the first people to have that job, so he's been around a couple of years.

BTW, he mentioned that they are _required_ to stop and help _any_ RV that is disabled on the side of the road - no matter what brand. The service they provide is free! Great brand PR, yes, but more importantly, that's the way Grand Design operates.
    So what quality issues are you having that you wouldn’t have with any other?
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably none that aren't typical of the competition. As someone at the Rally said, we buy a starter package and then complete it as we like.
    David Lininger, kb0zke

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably none that aren't typical of the competition. As someone at the Rally said, we buy a starter package and then complete it as we like.
    I didn’t buy a starter package imo. Complete trailer how I want it
    Good luck with yours
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    I didn’t buy a starter package imo. Complete trailer how I want it
    Good luck with yours
    By contrast he use of starter package, I think he was referring to entry level or less that top trim, not incomplete.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where to start? A trailer has to be “lightweight” so it can be towed. Lightweight means light materials and minimized fittings onboard. So to a large extent the “quality” of a given trailer is a trade off of size, cost and weight. There are “levels” across the models in GD’s lineup just as there are in other brands. If you want more durable fittings or “more complete” features, buy a $1 million motor home on a heavy duty truck chassis.

Plastic parts and luan plywood are light weight so prolific in all trailer brands. Hauling our portable homes over today’s deteriorating roads beat them “to a pulp.” Things break.

My experience with five brands of trailers over fifty years of camping demonstrates to me that GD is in the top of that group. Not perfect, but none are. Even my best friends $500k motor home is in the shop more than my $50k TT. It is what it is.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assume you were at Big Muddy, didn’t hear this exact comment but at Illinois Un-rally both he and Thomas (another SRT tech) looked at my 260RD with reference to concerns with schwinteech, one said not problem other said possible in the future. Called GD customer service and expressed concern and I was assured they would cover problem even after 3 yrs.
    Tom & Ellen McHugh
    Weldon Spring MO

2021 F350 Crewcab SB 7.3 gas
    GD 150 RD260

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast