User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

High Point Micro

Morning all, 2018 310GK... High Point microwave went dead this morning after softening butter. Not the breaker, not the GFI. I checked the wall plug in the cabinet above where it is plugged in with hair dryer and it supplies power fine. My conclusion is it's somewhere in micro. Has anyone removed the micro and if so how did you access the bolts that secure it in place?

Any help is appreciated, Bruce
    Bruce & Shelley - Centralia, Wa
    2015 F350 SRW Long Box
    B&W Companion Hitch
    2018 Solitude 310GK
    Pickleball playing Snowbirds

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our's died on the last camping trip. I'm trying to get a mobile tech to work with my extended warranty to get it replaced. He is pretty slow. I might need to find someone else.

I believe the top front is a cover and behind that is hangers for the microwave.
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The bolts are typically behind the vent cover on the top front with an above stove micro. Assuming it's like a home style, there should be 2 bolts holding it in place. Need 2 people typically because when you take the bolts out, it will pivot forward on the rear mounting plate. While they are not overly heavy it's awkward to remove bolts, hold in place till you get them out, pivot the micro down and remove from the slot on the back brace.
    2020 Ram Laramie 3500 DRW
    Solitude 320X sold
    2020 Raptor 356
    2012 Primetime Crusader 355BHQ (GF's)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I posted this last year...... If you're handy with electric, there is a glass tube fuse on the control board. Replaced ours then replaced the fuse on the dead one and now have a spare microwave.....

"Across the top is a black louvered piece of black plastic ??? It pulls off, I think the top first, then the bottom edge will release.
    There are four "square drive, Robertson, or Scrulox, (or whatever you want to call them) across the top driven at an angle. I used the box that the new
    microwave came in set on top of the stove as some protection. When you get to the outer two I would suggest have help to hold the weight as you remove the last two.
    With the screws out lower the front of the microwave and lift it up off a rear bracket that is on the rear wall.

On the new one I measured the location of the screw holes on the new on and drilled the appropriate size hole for the screws (don't remember what size I used)
    set the new microwave in the bracket with the front a little lower and once engaged, lift the front up and put the screws back in. Didn't take too long but it is pretty
    heavy trying to do it without help...."

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Bruce, I realize it's been a year since your post. We have a 2017 310GK and just the other day our High Point m/w suddenly died. I was wondering how you made out? Were you able to remove the unit from over the stove and repair? I would appreciate any tips you may have learned from your experience.

I hope that you and your friends and family are all safe and healthy during these troublesome times.

Thanks,
    Jim
    Jim & Denise
    2017 Solitude 310 GK
    2016 Chevy Silverado SRW Duramax 3500 HD LTZ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Jim, Yes we were able to remove the micro. In the cupboard above the micro you will find the bolts that hold the oven in place. You'll need two people as one has to hold the oven in place as the bolts are removed. GD sent us a replacement as we were still under warranty.

One other thing to check before removing the oven is the glass fuse on the control board just above the key pad on top of the unit. You'll have to remove the black louvered piece to access the area with fuse. The black cover does come off with a bit of effort.

If you do remove the micro from under the cabinet be sure to check the wall behind for burn marks from the convection operation and protect with heat resistant material prior to reinstallation of micro.

Good luck, Bruce
    Bruce & Shelley - Centralia, Wa
    2015 F350 SRW Long Box
    B&W Companion Hitch
    2018 Solitude 310GK
    Pickleball playing Snowbirds

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggzz View Post
    Morning all, 2018 310GK... High Point microwave went dead this morning after softening butter. Not the breaker, not the GFI. I checked the wall plug in the cabinet above where it is plugged in with hair dryer and it supplies power fine. My conclusion is it's somewhere in micro. Has anyone removed the micro and if so how did you access the bolts that secure it in place?

Any help is appreciated, Bruce
    I hope you are able to fix your Microwave/Convection Oven by simply replacing the fuse as others have suggested.

As far as removal goes, I recommend using a #3 Phillips bit to remove the two screws holding the M/W from the top of the microwave, ( a short/stubby screwdriver or bit holder is recommended). Screw access is from the cabinet above the M/W.

To protect my wall from heat, I used a roll of aluminum sheeting that is used for aluminum screen enclosures that I picked up from Home Depot (in the area where they have screen room parts). I put the aluminum up with short SS screws in the corners of the metal (note: I had to run two strips to cover the whole area behind the M/W).

Good luck, and let us know if replacing the fuse fixed your M/W.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Fireside Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

High Point Microwave Fix

Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    I hope you are able to fix your Microwave/Convection Oven by simply replacing the fuse as others have suggested.

As far as removal goes, I recommend using a #3 Phillips bit to remove the two screws holding the M/W from the top of the microwave, ( a short/stubby screwdriver or bit holder is recommended). Screw access is from the cabinet above the M/W.

To protect my wall from heat, I used a roll of aluminum sheeting that is used for aluminum screen enclosures that I picked up from Home Depot (in the area where they have screen room parts). I put the aluminum up with short SS screws in the corners of the metal (note: I had to run two strips to cover the whole area behind the M/W).

Good luck, and let us know if replacing the fuse fixed your M/W.
    My microwave quit working. Wall Plug was still good as it worked on a different appliance. I was able to remove the silver metal panel that runs along the top of the microwave by removing 2 screws on the top and then, with much effort, get the whole piece off. Took quite a lot of prying...start at the bottom of the panel where there are 3 or 4 tabs...get them lose and then the piece will come off...Also 2 tabs on each side of the panel...be patient, it will come off. The fuse is behind a metal ventilated piece on the right side above the control panel, clock. The fuse was blown. Found the fuse at an auto parts store (4 for $3.50). Replace the fuse, plugged it back in and bing, the clock worked and so did the rest of the microwave. The panel goes on much easier than it comes off.
    2017 Solitude 310GK; 2016 GMC Denali 1 ton; Andersen Ultimate Hitch