0 Thread(s)
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last year I had a leaky hydraulic cylinder on the street side slide. Took it to a dealer in Redding. They cut the coroplast to R&R the cylinder. Taped it up all nice & pretty. Only problem, they cut the coroplast, & did the cylinder on the curb side. Add insult to injury they laid the hydraulic return line on top of the cylinder. retracting the slide cut the line & spewed hydraulic fluid all over their nice tape job. I took it to my local RV repair guy, swapped the correct cylinder, repaired the line & PUT IN ALL NEW COROPLAST & insulation (looks a lot better than the factory job).

If I were to OP I would ask for the coroplast to be replaced....yea you might cut it up eventually, but would it be in the same spot?
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Folks: Just to be clear with everyone, this, nor the tape with zipper that Rob linked to is tape specifically made for coroplast repair. This is made for the protective poly underbelly material that is on many "cheaper" units that is a waterproof membrane. Here is a link to a piece of that material. https://www.amazon.com/Mobile-Flex-B...6KEFCWTMGACGFD
    This is really kind of like the poly tarps that you can buy but a bit heavier. This stuff was the bottom layer on my old Fleetwood TT built almost 15 years ago.

Jim
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coroplast Tape?

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBober View Post
    ..this, nor the tape with zipper that Rob linked to is tape specifically made for coroplast repair.
    Begs the question, "Is there a specific bonding material recommended by the manufacturer to repair coroplast?"

From Coroplast's FAQ webpage:

Q: Is it possible to bond or glue two pieces of Coroplast together?

A: Polypropylene is great for many uses due to the fact that it is resistant to chemicals; unfortunately the same properties make it difficult to bond using chemical bonding agents. However, several products have been developed recently by companies such as 3M that are designed to bond polypropylene structurally. Coroplast has not yet tested these products fully. 3M's Scotch-Weld™ Structural Plastic Adhesive DP-8005 is available from Grainger and other distributors for industrial use.

The 3M glue is only $59 (that's sarcasm) for 1.5oz so I guess I'll try the bonding tape if I need to try something.

Interesting that when I searched using Google this thread popped up in the results: https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...seal-coroplast (Conclusion in that thread is the same tape linked to in this thread.)

-Howard
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could probably do well with Gorilla Tape or Dow’s butyl based window flashing tape for future repairs if you need to drop a section of coroplast in the future. If GDRV will replace yours under warranty I would go that way for now.
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    3M's Scotch-Weld™ Structural Plastic Adhesive DP-8005
    Not applicable here, just caught my eye as it was one of the adhesives I ran across on a question about Ram headliner's velcro-like fasteners, similar to 3M Dual Lock Reclosable Fastener SJ3560 coming loose from plastic mounting ring.
    Ideas for that were:
    3M VHB Automotive Tape, Outdoor Extreme Heat Velcro, Gorilla Glue, 3M Duramix 4747 Super Fast Adhesive, Dap Weldwood Contact Adhesive, 3M Scotch-Weld Epoxy Adhesive 2214

edit: one thing leads to another:
    See J-B Weld has some similar products to the 3M Scotch-Weld
    J-B Weld 50139 Plastic Bonder Body Panel Adhesive
    J-B Weld 50133 Plastic Bonder Structural Adhesive
    Last edited by gbkims; 02-01-2019 at 05:48 PM.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob/OlallaWA View Post
    Nothing wrong with tape if the proper type is used. That will not be the only place it is cut in a couple years.
    I agree about proper type tape, Bob. Everything I've seen says scrim tape is what to use. What they used looks a little like Flex Tape, but thinner. So, I asked them to give me a roll of scrim and I'll redo it myself. I just don't want to haul it back to them right now.

Mike

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get the dealer to replace the entire coroplast front to rear. Thats what I had to do. Dealer messes up, then dealer repairs properly at his cost
    Bob and Shirley (both recently retired)
    Ontario Canada
    2018 Solitude 310GK
    2018 Ford Diesel King Ranch F350 Short Bed
    Pull Rite Super Glide

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree. You bought a completely sealed underbelly system and now it is subject to leaks
    Bob and Shirley (both recently retired)
    Ontario Canada
    2018 Solitude 310GK
    2018 Ford Diesel King Ranch F350 Short Bed
    Pull Rite Super Glide

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123