User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Underside Membrane (Coroplast) Compromised

During the acceptance inspection of our 2019 315RLTS this past weekend, we found that the two theater recliners would not turn on, which led to the discovery that the GFI was tripping throughout the trailer. The Service department immediately went to work and found an open fault on an inline fuse block in the underside. On Sunday when I was crawling over, under, in and out of everywhere I could, I noticed that they had cut open the underside membrane (for lack of proper term) to repair the circuit and then covered the approx. 3 ft. cuts with duct tape.

I love duct tape. But I know that it is not a lifetime repair in even the best of situations. Shame on me for not going under the rig when they were done.

So, my question is: should I just get some black Flex Tape - bullet proof (IMHO) in several applications where I have used it - to replace the duct tape they put on or should I ask them for a more permanent fix to what was a brand new sealed underside?

Updated thread title so search engine finds it when other search for "Coroplast") -Moderator Howard
    Last edited by howson; 01-28-2019 at 06:21 PM.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I would ask the dealer what kind of tape , if you are not satisfied then have them make necessary improvements. If what they suggest does not appeal to you, you may want to do yourself.
    Seems like they did a shotty job already.

Brian

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe they call it Coroplast . My first camper they did a repair and used tape. I freaked out at first but then discovered the industry uses duct or other type of tapes for underbelly repairs.
    Last edited by howson; 01-28-2019 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Spelling Police. :)
    Chip and Janice, Mize Mississippi
    Retired USN MCPO 1998, Retired USPS 2011
    2019 F350 Platinum 6.7 LB DRW
    B&W Companion

2017 F250 King Ranch 6.7
    2019 303RLS, Pullrite Superglide

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The "membrane" is Coroplast https://www.coroplast.com/ not chloroplast. It is "nothing more" then plastic corrugated cardboard. There is really nothing unique about it at all other then it being plastic it doesn't rot and is VERY light. Your flex tape idea is just fine...

JIm
    Last edited by BabyBober; 01-28-2019 at 01:51 PM.
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We discovered that they had opened the Coroplast on our rig sometime before we got it, but the fix was to put in a zipper. Big, plastic zipper.

At least tape doesn't leak. Zippers are not watertight.
    Last edited by howson; 01-28-2019 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Spelling Police :)

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post
    I think I would ask the dealer what kind of tape , if you are not satisfied then have them make necessary improvements. If what they suggest does not appeal to you, you may want to do yourself.
    Seems like they did a shotty job already.

Brian
    Thanks, Brian. I will call them. I bought new from them because they had been so good to us on service with our last TT that we had not purchased from them. I'm sure they will do whatever it takes to remedy to me. I just wanted to know if I was over reacting. I will follow up when resolved either way.

Mike

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, Jim.

Mike

Seasoned Camper Dreamin' Dreamers's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoa Nelley!!! Your buying a brand new trailer. It did not come from the factory like that. I would not accept anything except a new Coroplast panel. Just to quell future ramifications....IMHO.
    Duane, Mary Jo, and Milo the dog = Full Timers.
    2019 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4x4 6.7 psd
    2019 GD Momentum 351M
    2016 BMW R1200 GS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamin' Dreamers View Post
    Whoa Nelley!!! Your buying a brand new trailer. It did not come from the factory like that. I would not accept anything except a new Coroplast panel. Just to quell future ramifications....IMHO.
    Thanks, Duane. I am contacting them today.

Mike

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing wrong with tape if the proper type is used. That will not be the only place it is cut in a couple years.
    2019 GMC 3500 HD:)
    2016 Reflection 313RLTS:cool:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast