User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve raised mine a couple of holes on a 2020 349. The hydraulic lines didn’t have a ton of slack but there was enough to go up two holes and gain a bit more clearance.
    2020 Momentum 349M
    2016 Ram 3500 SRW with AISIN tranny

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did yall raise all of yalls or just the ones in front of and behind the axles? I have noticed those getting mighty close on some situations. I have the Anderson "bucket" type blocks, which I really love!
    2018 Grand Design Momentum 350M
    2018 Dodge Ram 4500 4x4 4 door flatbed Cummins Aisin 4.10s

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I raised all of them an equal amount.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi @Appleguy (first post for me here, as I'm a brand new GD Momentum 351 owner)
    At the dealership today, I requested for them to raise all 6 on the new rig, but multiple service folks indicated that if we moved them - the system would constantly 'reset' and 'recalibrate' each time they were used. Have you seen this with yours after you raised them? What the service folks said today just didn't make sense to me. Surely all 6 jacks had to be originally 'calibrated' at the factory, so what if the factory installed them one hole up? I would imagine there is a way to recalibrate them in their new position.
    Would really appreciate any insight you make have.
    Thanks in advance,

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moved the ones behind the wheels one hole up, that’s all i could do as not a lot of slack in the hydraulic lines. These were the ones that were always close to dragging in certain situations. Did not have to re-calibrate my leveling system.
    2016 3500 Duramax/ Full delete
    2019 GD Solitude 310GK

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurie 1799 View Post
    Moved the ones behind the wheels one hole up, that’s all i could do as not a lot of slack in the hydraulic lines. These were the ones that were always close to dragging in certain situations. Did not have to re-calibrate my leveling system.
    Just got off the phone with Lippert Support and they confirmed that there should be no reason to constantly reset the OneControl system after moving the jacks to a different mounting position.
    I'll make my modification and report back once I get some time to make the adjustments and test...
    Thanks all!
    2022 Grand Design Momentum 351MS-R
    2022 Ford F350 crew cab 6.7L Power Stroke® V8 Turbo Diesel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maddmaxx457 View Post
    Hi @Appleguy (first post for me here, as I'm a brand new GD Momentum 351 owner)
    At the dealership today, I requested for them to raise all 6 on the new rig, but multiple service folks indicated that if we moved them - the system would constantly 'reset' and 'recalibrate' each time they were used. Have you seen this with yours after you raised them? What the service folks said today just didn't make sense to me. Surely all 6 jacks had to be originally 'calibrated' at the factory, so what if the factory installed them one hole up? I would imagine there is a way to recalibrate them in their new position.
    Would really appreciate any insight you make have.
    Thanks in advance,
    I could be wrong but that sounds more like "we don't want to do it" or "we don't want the liability". I can't think of any possible way the jacks have any idea where they are in relation to the rig. They retract in until they run out of stroke, and out varying distances until they hit a block, or the ground, etc and level accordingly or until they run out of stroke. Where they start from on the rig has no bearing.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, its been a long journey to get to this point - but I think I'm finally there.
    I was able to raise all six jacks and relocate them to their highest position, but only AFTER getting ~13 individual hydraulic line extensions. When I went to raise them from the factory position, there was not enough slack in the line to allow for me to raise them to the desired height - which resulted in a ton of back and forth with a local hydraulic hose shop to get the right dimensions and fittings to complete the task. Once raised, then became the issue of the legs not having the original stroke to level out the rig as before, so I went looking for blocks that would work. In the end, I didn't like anything that was out in the market - they were either too small, too flimsy, or just too expensive. So, I created my own out of wood. Stacked and screwed them together, and then drilled out some large holes to try and eliminate weight as much as I could without taking away from the structure. I filled the holes with great-stuff just to make them 'solid' again and help with anything getting stuck in the newly drilled holes.
    I added some pictures to help with the explanation.
    Thanks to all for enabling me to get to this point!

Original length
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	original.jpeg 
Views:	3 
Size:	601.6 KB 
ID:	44923
    extensions

Name:	extensions.jpeg 
Views:	3 
Size:	934.3 KB 
ID:	44924
    blocks

Name:	blocks.jpeg 
Views:	4 
Size:	767.6 KB 
ID:	44925

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Question: If the hydraulic lines are disconnected and extensions are added, was there a need to "Bleed" the lines at each jack?

Glad I read this post. I want to raise my jacks at least 2+ inches on my 2021 395MS to better utilize the Anderson Buckets I have. For now three years, at least half the time I level there is marginal space to insert the buckets on some uneven camp areas. I conclude from this post that there may be enough service loop to raise the jack bodies a limited amount. Obviously if the jacks are being raised to there upper limit then I wouldn't expect enough length in in some or all hydraulic lines. I'm always skeptical in adding additional connections that result in some reliability concerns for leaks.

In my specific application, the two front landing jacks have plenty of length to raise the front jack with no length issues. In fact raising them creates more slack in my configuration. I'll have to check the mid and rear jack lines to see if I can gain more line before moving.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi 2fiftyr, To answer your question: No - I did not need to bleed the lines, however I did need to add just a little bit more fluid to the reservoir to make up for the additional ~13ft of total hose length I added to my setup (~1ft per extension). I took the opportunity to add anti-stiction fluid instead, and cycled the systems 3-5 times until all the air was out of the setup.
    Hope that helps!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast