Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Changing the Height of the Hydraulic Jacks

Has anyone adjusted their Hydraulic jacks to gain more ground clearance over steep angle inclines? If so, was there enough slack in the Hydraulic line to raise the jacks all the way up to the bottom set of bolts?

TIA.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to know if an adjustment to get more height is possible, too. I've run out of stroke a number of times on our Solitude 310GK. Frustrating limitation -- never used to do that on our old 5th wheel.
    Steve and Renee
    2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes, Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles
    2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
    18k B&W Companion, non-slider
    640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
    Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
    Somerset, WI

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to clarify, I am wanting to raise the "transport" height of the jacks. When they are in the Up position they are waaaaay toooo close to the ground on certain inclines and speed bumps. There appears to be plenty of adjustment based on the number of holes in the mounting plate.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TENN22 View Post
    Just to clarify, I am wanting to raise the "transport" height of the jacks. When they are in the Up position they are waaaaay toooo close to the ground on certain inclines and speed bumps. There appears to be plenty of adjustment based on the number of holes in the mounting plate.
    Agreed 100%. I have Andersen jack pads I can use to fill the space if it is possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TENN22 View Post
    One thing you might keep in mind if you raise the jacks. The jacks don't have a lot of travel and if raised too high you may find you don't have enough travel to level the trailer. Make sure you carry enough blocks of some kind to make up the difference.
    Randy & Sharon (Went full time April 14th 2017)

2016 Ram CC SB Outdoorsman 4x4 CTD
    Michelin 295/70R18
    Fold-A-Cover G4 tonneau,
    Dee Zee truck bed mat,
    Dee Zee tailgate assist,
    Dodge Ram 4x4 Steering Gear Box Brace
    Fumoto oil drain valve,
    Husky floor liners,
    WeatherTech No Drill Mud Flaps,
    Firestone Ride-Rite Suspension Kit
    Reece Pro Series 20K lb 5th wheel hitch

2018 Solitude 375res
    8K lb axles, springs & hubs with Nev-R-Lube bearings
    MORryde HD shackle kit with brass bushings & wet bolts
    Reece Sidewinder 19K lb pin box.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by warsw1 View Post
    One thing you might keep in mind if you raise the jacks. The jacks don't have a lot of travel and if raised too high you may find you don't have enough travel to level the trailer. Make sure you carry enough blocks of some kind to make up the difference.
    Agreed. The extra blocks is a minor nuisance compared to ripping a jack from the frame when going over a speed bump, or pulling out of my driveway.

BTW:

I am still looking for anyone that has performed this modification. Did they do the work themselves, or have the local dealer perform the work?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not certain, but I thought I had read in my manual that it is NOT recommended to move the jacks from their factory position. Can't remember if it stated why not.
    2019 Momentum 381M
    2018 Denali Dually LB with B&W Companion puck hitch
    Polaris RZR XP1k and Ranger 900XP

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll let you know, was planning on looking adjusting mine up a little higher this weekend. I have to back up a hill in my driveway and the jacks drag slightly. I was going to go up 1-2 inches and just throw in a couple of blocks in case I need them.
    With my old 2015 F350 I would just drop the air bags and was able to clear by sagging the bed of the truck slightly. My 2018 RAM sits higher and is level without airbags so I may need to adjust. More to come after the maiden voyage this weekend.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ended up adjusting my hitch down one position to lower the front of the trail to level. I was able to back up my hill without hitting the jacks so i'm going to leave them in the factory delivered position.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I raised all of mine up 3 holes on my 2020 351. I use Anderson blocks all the time so lift cylinders have less exposure. Gained about 5” of clearance. Just returned from 7,000 mile trip to Alaska and back with no issues. Lot’s of clearance for rough roads and sketchy campsites.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast