User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine picture in Camping World flyer ? ? ?

I was looking through the latest Camping World flyer and noticed an Imagine in one of the pictures. The item is for some hanging lights and is probably a generic picture provided by the light company. I thought it was strange though considering GD will not work with Camping World at all (and I hope they keep it that way).

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    I was looking through the latest Camping World flyer and noticed an Imagine in one of the pictures. The item is for some hanging lights and is probably a generic picture provided by the light company. I thought it was strange though considering GD will not work with Camping World at all (and I hope they keep it that way).

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    FT4NOW,
    We are very familiar with that trailer, as we spent 5 weekends across from it last Fall. The brand name in the first picture is correct, but is not located on the trailer where shown-it’s on the back. The second picture appears to have the “Imagine” lettering faintly superimposed on the picture of the same trailer. No matter how faint, Imagine lettering in that particular font is infringement.
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't site the specific source due to poor memory, but I do recall hearing that CW bought a dealership that was a GDRV dealer when purchased. This would allow CW to have GDRV trailers in stock for a photo such as this. And why wouldn't they portray themselves as a retailer of the one of the finest brands of RVs on the market? I'm sure any legal battle could be fought off by buying/ owning a dealership that was a former GDRV dealer.
    Dave & Becky
    Always camping with the K9s. The boys are grown and rarely join us anymore.
    Colorado Springs, CO
    2016 Reflection 313RLTS
    2012 Ford F350 Lariat CCLB 6.7L PSD
    (now retired) Mildly massaged 2002 Ford Excursion 7.3L PSD

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's just a generic photo of the lights. You have a good eye for detail though.
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We lost our local GDRV dealership to CW last spring. The GDRV RVs were gone W/I days purchased by another regional dealer. We now have a new GDRV dealer. I was in contact with the GDRV corporate marketing folks during this time to stay in the loop.

GDRV does not have nor do they want to have business partnerships with CW due to a number of business strategies/sales practices/etc. I am not aware that this has changed. I hope not.

I suspect the piece is simply a marketing piece from the company marketing the lights.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably just a generic pic provided by the light company.

I have had something similar happen to me. We remodel kitchens/baths and one of our projects was used in the cabinet company brochure that supplied the cabinets. Seemed like a good deal at the time. Well that pic ended up in promotional flyers from the great indoors and home depot's expo stores when they were still around. And it was actually advertising kitchen/bath remodeling!!! Of course we complained but were just the little guy so we had little realistic recourse. Lesson learned.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW