User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fridge not cooling all of a sudden

started yesterday when we had a negative 10 start to the day. Was running the fridge on electric like i had been and it was working fine (is is best in cold to use propane?)

temps just rise to the 50's on the readout and infrared gun. I turned it off for a few hours this morning and put in a 100 watt bulb and closed off some of the lower grill to. Temps outside are in the 20's and even near 30 so i thought it would rebound.....

Funny that it heats up enough to turn on the fans once in awhile on the backside of the fridge.....thought this might be a good sign but temps not dropping inside fridge.

Any thoughts i might have missed? I have been running on propane for the last few hours. I hear the flame so i know it is working.....

no residue or smell from leakage in back......i was thinking it was just cold for long enough that the fluid while not freezing must have thickened up......

ideas?

Thanks,

Jim
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How long for fridge to cool down normally???
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    another question.....should i leave the propane on during the night even if it is not cooling and leave the bulb on with back tapped off?

There are side vents on either side that i did not close....just the removable grill had cardboard across the entirety. stumped in the poconos...
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jims94vmx View Post
    How long for fridge to cool down normally???
    Typically, it takes at least 8-12 hours for a fridge to cool sufficiently to keep things cold. The key, also, is to NOT put things in the fridge that aren't already cold, or at least cooled.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    putting in bowels of snow for now! LOL
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What model refrigerator do you have, Jim? Posting the make & model may key someone with experience to chime in.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    What model refrigerator do you have, Jim? Posting the make & model may key someone with experience to chime in.
    Dometic 4 door RM1350 if i recall number.....worried whether or not to keep it on propane with the cardboard and light in place all night.....

noticed the drip hose from fridge is frozen....can't imagine that matters......freezer feels cool but not as cold as i would think....no real cooling on the rear fins....i also turned off my fans inside the fridge.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dometic 4 door RM1350 if i recall number.....worried whether or not to keep it on propane with the cardboard and light in place all night.....

noticed the drip hose from fridge is frozen....can't imagine that matters......freezer feels cool but not as cold as i would think....no real cooling on the rear fins....i also turned off my fans inside the fridge.
    Same 'frig I have. Have you seen the Dometic RM1350 Troubleshooting Guide for Poor Cooling? (PDF attached.) If I'm reading your symptoms correctly, the guide recommends running on LP for 1-2 days.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dometic RM1350 Troubleshooting - Mayer, Dan.pdf 
Views:	41 
Size:	61.8 KB 
ID:	17484
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will do, thanks. Think i should keep it partially blocked on the outside vent? Outside temps now in the 20's and dropping.....
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After 24 hours and temps outside in the 40's the fridge is not cooling down. Fridge was showing 56* this afternoon. turned off for a few hours and will see what happens. I have emails into Grand Design and Dometic......will let you know how it works out....
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast