User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Waste Tanks Orientation Question

We have a 2019 Solitude 310GK and would like to know if the waste tanks are installed on the same level. Reason for my question is I am getting ready to install our compost toilet, so since the black tank will not be used, I was hoping to combine the waste tanks by putting an exterior gate valve and leaving the tank valves open, for more boondocking capacity. This of course will not work unless the tanks or at the same level.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In our late 2018 build 310GK, the front grey tank (bathroom sink & shower) and the black tank are at the same height. They are side-by-side and orientated front to rear with the gate valves close to each other (at the rear end of the tanks). I think the kitchen grey tank also at the same height, but it might be higher. Hopefully someone can confirm or refute this for certain. You could also try calling Grand Design customer support to confirm. The kitchen grey tanks is orientated side-to-side with the gate valve at the curb side (opposite the sewer hose connection). All three waste tanks are in front of the axles. The fresh water tank (not really part of this discussion) is higher and is located behind the axles.

Chris
    Last edited by CoChris; 02-03-2019 at 12:10 PM.
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your reply, I am formulating some questions for GD and this will be one of them.
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you ever go forward with this mod? We just purchased our composting toilet for our 310. I'd like to know how you vented it, where you pulled the 12v for the fan and if you had any luck combining the tanks. Thank you for any information! Matt

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    Did you ever go forward with this mod? We just purchased our composting toilet for our 310. I'd like to know how you vented it, where you pulled the 12v for the fan and if you had any luck combining the tanks. Thank you for any information! Matt
    Yes I did, it was my very first mod on our 310GK. We have a Airhead composting toilet. I ran the vent hose, as you are facing the toilet on the right and back of the toilet through the floor. On the underside I connected the hose from underneath to the fan and then into the black tank vent pipe. I have successfully combined all three tanks when needed with a Valterra exterior gate valve (kept closed) and opening all 3-tank valves. Works like a charm. I will try to see if I can come up with some photos for you.
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you look behind the wall in the pass thru you should be able to see enough of all 3 tanks to determine level.
    The only tank I can't see is the fresh because it sits behind the grey tank for the kitchen.
    Allen & Denise
    Ford F350 Lariat CC SRW SB 4x4 Diesel
    2018 Solitude 310GK R

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BB&LAB View Post
    Yes I did, it was my very first mod on our 310GK. We have a Airhead composting toilet. I ran the vent hose, as you are facing the toilet on the right and back of the toilet through the floor. On the underside I connected the hose from underneath to the fan and then into the black tank vent pipe. I have successfully combined all three tanks when needed with a Valterra exterior gate valve (kept closed) and opening all 3-tank valves. Works like a charm. I will try to see if I can come up with some photos for you.
    Oh man, pictures would be great! Can you explain how you connected the hose to the black tank vent pipe? Did you have to remove the underbelly for any of this?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh man, pictures would be great! Can you explain how you connected the hose to the black tank vent pipe? Did you have to remove the underbelly for any of this?
    To attach the vent hose to the vent pipe I cut the vent pipe and fit a rubber T-connection in the pipe as in picture #5 . No need to remove the underbelly, access is behind the removable panel in the cargo area. Photo #3 shows the hose connected to the underside of the bathroom floor, photo #2 shows the hose connections from the fan shrouds and fan shrouds to the black tank vent pipe. Keep in mind our Airhead compost toilet venting is a bit different than the Natures Head composte toilet. It is a pretty easy job other than to access the underside of the bathroom floor to connect the hose requires crawling further towards the back, a bit tight. I hope this helpsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Compost4.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	23422Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Compost3.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	81.6 KB 
ID:	23423Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Compost2.jpg 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	23424Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Compost1.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	23425
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Compost5.jpg  
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BB&LAB View Post
    To attach the vent hose to the vent pipe I cut the vent pipe and fit a rubber T-connection in the pipe as in picture #5 . No need to remove the underbelly, access is behind the removable panel in the cargo area. Photo #3 shows the hose connected to the underside of the bathroom floor, photo #2 shows the hose connections from the fan shrouds and fan shrouds to the black tank vent pipe. Keep in mind our Airhead compost toilet venting is a bit different than the Natures Head composte toilet. It is a pretty easy job other than to access the underside of the bathroom floor to connect the hose requires crawling further towards the back, a bit tight. I hope this helpsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Compost4.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	23422Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Compost3.jpg 
Size:	81.6 KB 
ID:	23423Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Compost2.jpg 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	23424Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Compost1.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	23425
    Just wanted to say thanks BB&LAB for your pics. I was able to install the composting toilet finally. All went smooth!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wanted to say thanks BB&LAB for your pics. I was able to install the composting toilet finally. All went smooth!
    You are welcome, glad to help and glad you had success.
    Last edited by BB&LAB; 11-29-2019 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Content
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast