User Tag List

Thread: Transcend 26rls

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Transcend 26rls

Hello all...looking at a buying a 26RLS in the near future, but had a few questions.
    1. Wife is concerned about breakage of the glass panels in the cabinets.....anyone having problems with stuff banging up against the glass cabinet panels and breaking them?
    2. Really wanting a true hot/cold outside faucet combo as in my current Jayco instead of the cold water only spray faucet.....could this be a dealer installed option after the purchase?
    3. When hooking up and using your outside water supply to the docking station, does anyone have problems with the invariable leaks associated with this....where does the water drain out of the docking station if there is a small leak?

We are really impressed with the fit and finish of the Grand Design line as compared to the Jayco line....my 15 yo Jayco is built so much better than the ones on the lot these days. That is what is drawing me to Grand Design....

Will make a decision soon...Happy Camping!
    Last edited by RedRaider44; 02-03-2019 at 04:56 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 303 with the glass doors in the cabinets above the hutch. We are careful of what we place in there but have had no glass breakage
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our Imagine has hot/cold at the docking station location. The port at the rear is cold only.
    So far, no problem with the glass inserts
    2018 Imagine 2800bh
    2018 Ram 2500
    6.4 heni

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We haven’t had issues (yet) with the glass cabinets, but I do secure the handles with childproof locks when we’re driving as our doors always seem to open. I also store our coffee mugs below the sink until we’re parked.

I was pretty surprised at the quality of the new Jaycos as well. I always thought they were a decent/better brand, but the ones we saw were already showing signs of wear and tear...and they were brand new! GD seems much better in terms of finishes and quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider44 View Post
    Hello all...looking at a buying a 26RLS in the near future, but had a few questions.
    1. Wife is concerned about breakage of the glass panels in the cabinets.....anyone having problems with stuff banging up against the glass cabinet panels and breaking them?
    2. Really wanting a true hot/cold outside faucet combo as in my current Jayco instead of the cold water only spray faucet.....could this be a dealer installed option after the purchase?
    3. When hooking up and using your outside water supply to the docking station, does anyone have problems with the invariable leaks associated with this....where does the water drain out of the docking station if there is a small leak?

We are really impressed with the fit and finish of the Grand Design line as compared to the Jayco line....my 15 yo Jayco is built so much better than the ones on the lot these days. That is what is drawing me to Grand Design....

Will make a decision soon...Happy Camping!
    RedRaider44,

1) DW purchased no slip matts for all the cabinets where we have no issues with things moving around
    2) The dealer can install the Hot/Cold faucet
    3) You should not have any leaks inside the passthrough at the docking station.

Jim
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info Jim.....will check with the dealer about the hot/cold outside faucet. Would like to add it at the docking station, but not for sure if I have hot water there.
    1970 Appleby Tent Trailer
    1982 Rockwood pop up
    2004 Jayco Jayflight 27BH
    2019 GD Transcend 26RLS
    2014 F-150 CC Ecoboost

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider44 View Post
    Thanks for the info Jim.....will check with the dealer about the hot/cold outside faucet. Would like to add it at the docking station, but not for sure if I have hot water there.
    RedRaider44,

If there is no hot water already available at the docking station, they would need to drop the coroplast and tap into the nearest available hot water line which most likely would be at the kitchen sink.
    Jim
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4