User Tag List

Thread: TPO Roof

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TPO Roof

Does the TPO roofs on Grand Design Imagine give any trouble? What's the best thing to wash it?

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good Morning Yardvarkers and welcome to the forum. The TPO roofs are pretty fool proof and should last a long time with proper maintenance. Here is a link to Alpha Systems (roof manufacturer) care instructions:

http://www.alphasystemsinc.com/files...structions.PDF

The most important thing you can do to ensure long life out of your roof and to keep it leak free is to make sure the sealant around openings and edges is properly maintained. Every three to four months, the roof should be inspected. If there are any cracks or voids in the sealant, they should be resealed with Super Flex lap sealant. Super Flex is the brand name that Alpha Systems sells. It is available only through Camping World as far as I know. Here's a link to place an on-line order for it:

http://www.campingworld.com/super-fl...-oz-tube-beige

Jim

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you .

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone know what color of TPO is used by GD? I think it is ivory. I have used superflex tan/beige and it is not a very good color match. Dicor makes an ivory that is labeled for use on TPO and looks to be a better match.
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know this is an old thread, but from GD's site: TPO Roof Covering | Seamless 1-piece roof covering won’t streak or chalk like traditional rubber roofs. It is maintenance free and features a 12-year warranty.

So, maintenance free to me means no special cleaners, etc. Wash it and check sealant as needed.

https://www.granddesignrv.com/why-gdrv/construction

Also, maybe this should be moved to exterior. (Done! -Moderator Howard)
    Last edited by howson; 02-03-2019 at 06:26 PM.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So many discussions on roofing I am not really sure where to post. This thread seams to be an appropriate place because I am in search of knowledge as was the original poster. I have a roof membrane question for the techies in the group. My previous trailer had a fiberglass roof so I am new to the membrane type (TPO) roofing material (I have an Imagine XLS 21BHE). I was washing my roof yesterday. I like to clean the roof at least once per month at which time I check roof seals etc. I found two small punctures in the roof membrane. Looks like a tree branch fell on it. We had a wind storm pass through our campsite and at one point heard a loud thud. Lucky we did not see any rain during our trip. I have fixed the penny sized holes with Eternabond tape. So my questions are: Is there another waterproof material under the white TPO roofing material? I didn't realize that the TPO membrane is this delicate. Have any of you experienced these punctures from falling branches or other debris?
    "Every Day Is A Good Day"

Marco
    Guelph, Ontario, Canada
    2019 Imagine XLS 21 BHE
    2017 Nissan NV3500 Van 5.6L V8 and decked out to tow.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Per Grand Design, my 2017 Momentum (build date Apr 2016) has an EPDM roof. In 2018 I was told that all Momentums have EPDM roof however, I never verified that nor do I know if it's changed since mine was built. Just suggesting that any Momentum owners reading this thread might want to double check and confirm exactly whe your roof is.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a related question here. We just bought our 22MLE this last June, and today I was on the roof. There are several apparent sub-roof seams that go across the roof and seem to flex when you walk on them, about 1/8". My concern is that there seems to be a void under the membrane across these seams. The worst is the first one from the front. Is this normal?