Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hardwired Camera for 285BHTS

Good evening,

I am looking to purchase a two-camera hardwired system, one for the TT and one for TV; can anyone suggest a make/model that will tie in easily to the rear mount? Thank you.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haznavy View Post
    Good evening,

I am looking to purchase a two-camera hardwired system, one for the TT and one for TV; can anyone suggest a make/model that will tie in easily to the rear mount? Thank you.
    One of the powerful features of this forum is the threads that are stored in the database. You can access these threads using the built-in search engine.

Near the top right of this webpage is a white rectangular box. Type in camera and then click the small magnifying glass icon. You'll be rewarded with page after page of discussion on this topic!
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good evening,

Is this what you're looking for? https://www.rearviewsafety.com/safet...5th-wheel.html I had their single camera hard wired system installed on my old travel trailer, and removed it so I could install it on the new 5'er. Just haven't gotten that far yet. We were very impressed with the setup. The picture quality both daylight and night vision was excellent. We also liked the microphone feature because I could hear something approaching and then glance at the monitor to see it. A little spendy, but it is a high quality system. We are also looking at an interface module that will allow me to view the camera on the dash display in my truck. That is a $500 module so I'm not in a big hurry.

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LV Naturist View Post
    Is this what you're looking for? https://www.rearviewsafety.com/safet...5th-wheel.html I had their single camera hard wired system installed on my old travel trailer, and removed it so I could install it on the new 5'er. Just haven't gotten that far yet. We were very impressed with the setup. The picture quality both daylight and night vision was excellent. We also liked the microphone feature because I could hear something approaching and then glance at the monitor to see it. A little spendy, but it is a high quality system. We are also looking at an interface module that will allow me to view the camera on the dash display in my truck. That is a $500 module so I'm not in a big hurry.

John
    John,

Man oh man do you guys have some nice toys! Thank you very much for the information, your backup system is similiar to the one I was looking at from RVS; I'm looking at this one https://www.rearviewsafety.com/backu...5th-wheel.html. How difficult was it for you to install on the back of your travel trailer and run forward? I am very new to all of this so don't want to get over my head. Nice rack by the way and, thank you for your service.

v/r

Tod
    Last edited by Haznavy; 02-05-2019 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Link didn't post
    U.S. Navy Retired
    Haz, Gin, CD, and CE

2020 Ford F450 Platinum
    2022 GDRV Solitude 378MBS

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John,

Man oh man do you guys have some nice toys! Thank you very much for the information, your backup system is similiar to the one I was looking at from RVS; I'm looking at this one https://www.rearviewsafety.com/backu...5th-wheel.html. How difficult was it for you to install on the back of your travel trailer and run forward? I am very new to all of this so don't want to get over my head. Nice rack by the way and, thank you for your service.

v/r

Tod
    Thank you for your support Tod! I mounted the camera on the back of my old TT using "rivnuts", these install like a rivet but are threaded on the inside to accept a machine screw. This way the holes were sealed and it was much sturdier than a sheet metal screw. I discreetly ran the harness outside the trailer over to my rear ladder, then down and underneath to the front where I mounted the connector. Really wasn't that difficult. On my 5'er I haven't decided how to run the harness yet as I want it more hidden. That might be more of a challenge. The other challenge will be running the truck side harness from the rear of the truck up into the cab for the monitor. On my previous truck, I drilled a hole under the cab and used a grommet and RTV to seal the hole. Then ran it under the carpet to the dash. Again not hard, but I'm rethinking that and may go a different route with the new truck. You just have to crawl around your coach and truck, and decide what works best for you. Take your time and plan it out before cutting holes.

John

Edited to add: I wouldn't use a rivnut on a fiberglass rear wall as it may crack the fiberglass. My old Springdale was an aluminum skin which is why I went that way.
    Last edited by LV Naturist; 02-06-2019 at 11:06 AM.
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]