User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Microwave Blowing Fuse

Hello Everyone,
    Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this question. This is my first post to this forum. Please feel free to move if necessary.

I have a 2017 Reflection 367BHS. The microwave is a Furrion FMCM15-BL. There is a glass cylinder fuse located behind the vent cowl above the door. When I close the door this fuse is constantly blowing.

I don't know if the unit is trashed or if I bought the wrong fuse as a replacement. The original (to me) fuse said 125V and 20A. After looking at fuses for a while I realized there are MANY different kinds (AC, DC, MDL, AGC, GDL, MDQ, GGC, MDM, SFE, etc.). The fuse I bought was a Bussman 125V 20A AGC.

I called Grand Design and they said they don't trouble shoot internal components of microwaves. I called Furrion and they wouldn't troubleshoot it either. Best they could do was offer me 20% off a new one.

Is the whole thing shot?
    Did I buy the wrong fuse?
    Does it really matter?
    Can I replace the board or something rather than buy a whole new one?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Kyle
    Last edited by kgerber; 02-04-2019 at 01:54 PM.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had the High Pointe microwave replaced 3 times under warranty. Twice it did what you explain with the door. The last time it sparked really bad when I shut the door. I ended up replacing it with a Whirlpool regular microwave, we gave up on the convection.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi FT4NOW,
    Thanks for the response. We don't use convection much so maybe we'll skip to the end and get a regular name brand microwave and call it a day. Thanks again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Kyle. I also have the same problem with the fuse in the 367BHS. What did you end up doing? Did you find a fix?
    Thank you Jon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The correct fuse replacement is a GE fuse part#WB27X11138 You can buy them on Ebay or Amazon For 35-42 dollars. I had the same problem and took the switches that are used for the door lock out and tested them with a ohm meter and found nothing wrong. I then reinstalled the switches made sure all screws where tight reinstalled new fuse and it's been working ok for a few weeks now.

Hope this helps everyone. YMMV

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kgerber View Post
    Hello Everyone,
    Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this question. This is my first post to this forum. Please feel free to move if necessary.

I have a 2017 Reflection 367BHS. The microwave is a Furrion FMCM15-BL. There is a glass cylinder fuse located behind the vent cowl above the door. When I close the door this fuse is constantly blowing.

I don't know if the unit is trashed or if I bought the wrong fuse as a replacement. The original (to me) fuse said 125V and 20A. After looking at fuses for a while I realized there are MANY different kinds (AC, DC, MDL, AGC, GDL, MDQ, GGC, MDM, SFE, etc.). The fuse I bought was a Bussman 125V 20A AGC.

I called Grand Design and they said they don't trouble shoot internal components of microwaves. I called Furrion and they wouldn't troubleshoot it either. Best they could do was offer me 20% off a new one.

Is the whole thing shot?
    Did I buy the wrong fuse?
    Does it really matter?
    Can I replace the board or something rather than buy a whole new one?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Kyle
    Did you ever figure out what was causing this fuse to blow? I've got a 2018 312BHTS.....mine just started doing this. I've never seen anything like it....all we do is shut the door and I have to put another fuse in it. I took the panel off the front, even took the switches out....nothing seems to work. Did you replace, or repair yours?

Thanks

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like I just joined this club.....any follow up tips? Will look at my extra fuses tomorrow and possibly a replacement oven.....
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jims94vmx View Post
    Looks like I just joined this club.....any follow up tips? Will look at my extra fuses tomorrow and possibly a replacement oven.....
    After replacing the fuse it worked great for about a month for us. We then one morning had it blow again. Since then we have just sold that rig and purchased a new 337rls. I think these microwaves have major problems. If our new rig has problems we will find a better option.

Tim
    Tim & Terrie
    2018 Dodge 3500 SRW
    2020 GD Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I kept telling my wife that the microwave door was sagging on the handle side. We couldn't see an easy way to fix this, so we just learned to live with it. That was until we started blowing fuses every time we shut the door. Checked the wiring on the switches and made sure they were all plugged in tightly. Read some more blogs. Saw one that said something about door alignment. Couldn't see how I could adjust it still. Well, got out the ole pliers and bent the bottom door bracket until the door aligned evenly. Wallah! All good so far. Door looks even and no blown fuses.