User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Must lay on back to get to propane quick connect?

Am I the only one who needs to physically lay on my back and slide under my 2018 2600RB with a flashlight in order to connect my gas grill? The location of the quick connect is like two feet in from the side of the exterior wall. Wondering if someone has an idea or a fix like an extension or something. Any and all help, and or suggestions are welcome!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I do it by feel, just kneeling down without being able to see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm reading thinking "there's a propane disconnect under there?"

Once it warms up, I'm going to have to look for it.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gosupes View Post
    I'm reading thinking "there's a propane disconnect under there?"

Once it warms up, I'm going to have to look for it.
    You can take a look at the floorplan for your trailer on Grand Design's website and look for the "LP Quick Connect" label to get an idea of where it's located.
    Joe & Joy + children
    2018 Imagine 2800BH
    2022 F250 Crew Cab 4x4 Tremor, 7.3L V8
    Equal-i-zer 1,200/12,000 lb. hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jw^2 family View Post
    You can take a look at the floorplan for your trailer on Grand Design's website and look for the "LP Quick Connect" label to get an idea of where it's located.
    I have a 2600RB, same as the OP. I just never noticed it on the floorplan drawing and I rarely stick my head under that side of the trailer.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I converted my Weber Q1000 with a LP conversion kit and it works awesome. Unfortunately, the connector is on the right-hand side of my 2018 2600RB (near) under where the furnace exhaust is. IMHO it's a bad location due to the proximity of the exhaust. I had to ensure that my rubber propane hose was routed in a manner so it was as far away from the (extremely hot) furnace exhaust as I could get it. Still had me a bit nervous due to the proximity. (Yea my wife had the heat on in the unit as it was pretty cold for a few days during that cold spell we had a few weeks ago even know we were in Florida)! Also as mentioned in my OP it's a chore to connect the gas line through the access hole then under the unit. Anyway, GD had a good idea but left the engineering up to someone who may not have been qualified.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The few times so far that I have used the outside grill, I have had to lay down to connect it. Doing by feel has not worked yet - and I work on an old truck blind to access some of the bolts and screws. But if I want bacon, it has to be cooked outside.
    2022 Imagine 3250
    2021 f250 fx4 7.3
    2016 Harley Ultra Limited
    1971 F100 Flareside (project)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerohch View Post
    Am I the only one who needs to physically lay on my back and slide under my 2018 2600RB with a flashlight in order to connect my gas grill? The location of the quick connect is like two feet in from the side of the exterior wall. Wondering if someone has an idea or a fix like an extension or something. Any and all help, and or suggestions are welcome!
    After the "quick connect" just simply fell off of our '18 303RLS, I relocated it to inside of the curb side propane tank space. Trailer is at storage lot so no picture available right now.

...VTX-Al

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went and checked it out yesterday and will probably relocate it this summer. It's not in an ideal location for me, but it't not ideal either.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerohch View Post
    Realizing this post is two months old. But I have a different model with a "quick" connect for the outside kitchen stove. I struggled with this the first time or two. Now, I get my little stool out of the pass through, sit down and get comfortable, and am able to connect up easily. Less dirt all over my back, less colorful language, and less stress.
    Bill and Kim
    2019 Imagine 2670 MK, Equalizer WDH
    2020 Ford F250, 7.3 l gas

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast