User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reflection 150 series with tool box.

Hey there, I'm pretty new to this site and am looking into purchasing a 2019 Reflection 150 series camper (295RL). I have a 2017 F-150 XLT, 6.5' bed, supercab (extended cab) with the 3.5 ecoboost engine, max tow package (12,000lbs tow capacity from bumper w/ distribution hitch/ 10,500lbs as 5th wheel), and 145 WB, that I have been pulling my small 24ft Jayco bumper-pull with. I just installed a Timbren SES kit for the rear to help with sway and keep my truck level. The problem I am running into is my toolbox. I was wondering if anyone else on here has a 1/2 ton truck pulling a 5th wheel, and they also have a tool box in their bed. The box I have is low profile (sticks up about an inch) and is 18" wide. I was told by the salesman that it probably wouldn't work but he didn't even take a look at my truck. Because of the way that the 150 series turning point swivel pin box works I cant seem to find why this wouldn't work. We are definitely getting a Grand Design and would love to have a fifth wheel instead of a bumper-pull. Any help would be appreciated thanks a lot.
    Last edited by Manaqua1; 02-04-2019 at 08:25 PM.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	150series-swivel.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	63.2 KB 
ID:	17521Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-0713.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	17522Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-0714.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	17523

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a short bed PU and a Reece Sidewinder pin box. The Sidewinder works the same way as the turning point swivel pin box on the 150 series 5th wheels. I don't have a tool box but I do have a tonneau that folds forward and sits where your tool box sits. I have "0" trouble with mine and unless your tool box sits higher than it looks you won't either.
    Randy & Sharon (Went full time April 14th 2017)

2016 Ram CC SB Outdoorsman 4x4 CTD
    Michelin 295/70R18
    Fold-A-Cover G4 tonneau,
    Dee Zee truck bed mat,
    Dee Zee tailgate assist,
    Dodge Ram 4x4 Steering Gear Box Brace
    Fumoto oil drain valve,
    Husky floor liners,
    WeatherTech No Drill Mud Flaps,
    Firestone Ride-Rite Suspension Kit
    Reece Pro Series 20K lb 5th wheel hitch

2018 Solitude 375res
    8K lb axles, springs & hubs with Nev-R-Lube bearings
    MORryde HD shackle kit with brass bushings & wet bolts
    Reece Sidewinder 19K lb pin box.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Reflection 150 series with tool box.

You should have 7” to about 9” clearance between the bed side and 5th wheel, so I don’t see how you could possibly hit a toolbox.

Besides no one in real world towing ever turns 90 degrees anyway. Definitely not with a trailer that small.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    You should have 7” to about 9” clearance between the bed side and 5th wheel, so I don’t see how you could possibly hit a toolbox.

Besides no one in real world towing ever turns 90 degrees anyway. Definitely not with a trailer that small.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    After talking with the service department there this morning the concerns were if the receiver will fit in my bed, because of how wide the box is. But they said bring it by to do some measurements.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be seriously looking at the payload sticker on the trucks door. Depending on what trim level you have and if it's 4x2 or 4x4 it's very possible that you'll run out of payload and be overloaded. 1400 for a dry pin weight, plus batteries, propane, camp gear, stuff in the bedroom and you could easily add 250-300 lbs to the pin weight. Depending on what hitch you use that would be another 50-175 lbs against the payload. whats in the tool box? Passengers?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    I'd be seriously looking at the payload sticker on the trucks door. Depending on what trim level you have and if it's 4x2 or 4x4 it's very possible that you'll run out of payload and be overloaded. 1400 for a dry pin weight, plus batteries, propane, camp gear, stuff in the bedroom and you could easily add 250-300 lbs to the pin weight. Depending on what hitch you use that would be another 50-175 lbs against the payload. whats in the tool box? Passengers?
    right. I know that my GVWR is 7050lbs. It would be me and my 150lb dog. The toolbox is aluminum and just has a voltmeter some stuff to change tires in and my emergency kits.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    It never fails...Someone ask an unrelated question and someone has to turn it into a (your truck isn't big enough thread). I'm surprised if people aren't becoming afraid to even ask a question for fear of getting beat up about their truck size. Can't we just help someone with the question ask? MY GOD....Will it ever end?
    Randy & Sharon (Went full time April 14th 2017)

2016 Ram CC SB Outdoorsman 4x4 CTD
    Michelin 295/70R18
    Fold-A-Cover G4 tonneau,
    Dee Zee truck bed mat,
    Dee Zee tailgate assist,
    Dodge Ram 4x4 Steering Gear Box Brace
    Fumoto oil drain valve,
    Husky floor liners,
    WeatherTech No Drill Mud Flaps,
    Firestone Ride-Rite Suspension Kit
    Reece Pro Series 20K lb 5th wheel hitch

2018 Solitude 375res
    8K lb axles, springs & hubs with Nev-R-Lube bearings
    MORryde HD shackle kit with brass bushings & wet bolts
    Reece Sidewinder 19K lb pin box.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, but the OP is a self-described newbie and is probably unaware that he may have payload issues by adding a toolbox

I have the same rig towed with an F150 with the HD payload option which gives me 2200# payload. I am right at my max with a 1700# loaded pin weight, 100# for the hitch, 350# for passengers and 50# for “stuff” in the truck. I try to carry as much gear as I can in the rig to reduce truck payload. I suspect if you check your payload sticker on the door you’ll find you have less than 2000# maximum payload. So even if the toolbox fit you probably shouldn’t use it.

Bob
    Last edited by bogen2; 02-05-2019 at 03:04 PM.
    2014 Ford F-150 Ecoboost / Max Tow / HD Payload
    2018 Reflection 295RL

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by warsw1 View Post
    It never fails...Someone ask an unrelated question and someone has to turn it into a (your truck isn't big enough thread). I'm surprised if people aren't becoming afraid to even ask a question for fear of getting beat up about their truck size. Can't we just help someone with the question ask? MY GOD....Will it ever end?
    Sorry if I came across as a weight police person. I simply implied that he might check his payload sticker. Did you check yours at anytime during ownership? It seems to me that thats one of the important things about matching the tow vehicle to the trailer.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast