Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2017 311 BHS washer dryer mod

Hey all. As stated I have a 2017 311BHS which is the one with the rear bath/bedroom. It also has a outdoor kitchen. We wont use the outdoor kitchen, BUT am thinking of modifying the rear area to install a stacked washer dryer. I am confidant in my skills to do such work, has any one thought of this? And if so what washer dryer combo do you think or are using?
    Thanks.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonemannn View Post
    Hey all. As stated I have a 2017 311BHS which is the one with the rear bath/bedroom. It also has a outdoor kitchen. We wont use the outdoor kitchen, BUT am thinking of modifying the rear area to install a stacked washer dryer. I am confidant in my skills to do such work, has any one thought of this? And if so what washer dryer combo do you think or are using?
    Thanks.
    If you do this mod please document it--would be very interesting to read.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did a quick search and found some info on different units. what does GD use on there larger units?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    I am for sure going to do it. I will take lots of pictures, and detail what I can. We are going to Alaska on a long trip and the clothes issue might be pressing! (pun intended)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is already hot/cold water and drain back there. Only need voltage for the dryer, 220 more then likely.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is already hot/cold water and drain back there. Only need voltage for the dryer, 220 more then likely.
    Might need a electric panel upgrade. Have to investigate.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the RV dryers are 110 and use about 11A. Hooking up 220 will def require an electric panel upgrade not to mention you wont find 220 at any campground. The 50A rv shore power is 110 and utilizes 2 50A breakers that share a neutral so it is 100A total, but the two breakers are on opposite phases and is commonly referred to as a 50A connection.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did a quick search and found some info on different units. what does GD use on there larger units?
    Might not help much for your conversion, but this is how I did it in my 315RLTS: https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...(How-I-Did-It)

This is another thread you may find interesting: https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...ns-Learned-etc

Lots of threads on washers and dryers--type in the keywords in the search box, click the magnifying glass icon, and you'll have lots of reading to do!
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    All the RV dryers are 110 and use about 11A. Hooking up 220 will def require an electric panel upgrade not to mention you wont find 220 at any campground. The 50A rv shore power is 110 and utilizes 2 50A breakers that share a neutral so it is 100A total, but the two breakers are on opposite phases and is commonly referred to as a 50A connection.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Well, me being a retied electrician, if the plug is a 50 amp service, it is 220 volt. Just split into 2 110 volt legs. BUT you can still get 220v in the breaker panel in the RV. Just need the correct breaker. Nothing in the RV is 220v. The RV just has different things, like one AC on one leg, and the other on the other leg. But 220V is there. Thanks for info tho...
    Last edited by phonemannn; 02-05-2019 at 05:47 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might not help much for your conversion, but this is how I did it in my 315RLTS: https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...(How-I-Did-It)

This is another thread you may find interesting: https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...ns-Learned-etc

Lots of threads on washers and dryers--type in the keywords in the search box, click the magnifying glass icon, and you'll have lots of reading to do!
    Thanks..I have found lots in search..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast