User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Allang17

Looking at GD 380

We have been looking for 2 years to replace our Voltage which we travel in for 8 to 9 months a year. The voltage has been a desaster from day 1, the salesales person, the national chain and manufacturer have all been the absolute worst.... Looking for a quality built trailer that can hold up and a company that cares about it owners. Interested to hear from new and long time owners on how the toy haulers are holding up, any issues with only 2 axels? I pull using a single axle Freightliner so trailer weight is not an issue. Thanks for any and all input.
    Al
    8/22/14
    Well we went with the Momentum 380 at Lazydays, FL. Spent a few day going through it, looking forward to picking up in 3 weeks. Found it to be well put together, nice comfortable feel.
    Last edited by Allang17; 08-22-2014 at 02:55 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We can see why you're looking at it- it's the first TH that seems to have a rational "middle" layout (the kitchen/"living room" actually works.) After reading the forums, seems like a good bet- there are a few complaints, but most have said that GD's a great builder. Once the '15 Rams come out, we're probably going to try to find one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have owned our 380 since June. We have made 3 trips with no issues. In fact we are leaving today for a week.

We went with the GD after comparing the quality between other TH. The 380 was not out yet, But after a few phone calls (to Marc Hauser, Momentum manager), we convinced them to take our order. We liked the 355/385 setup, but I wanted a dining room table that was not a "add on" and the fact that the TV was "over your shoulder" was going to be a real 'Pain in the Neck". Now before the comments rain down, if you like/prefer your 355/385 then I am happy for you. My comments/opinions were the basis of my decision.

Having talked and met the teams up in the factory (I went by for a tour) I know that I made the best choice for the Manufacturer.

Chose a "Quality" dealer, as they will be the people you will be going to if you have an issue.

See you on the road....

KZ
    KZ and Terry Kleinheitz, Mississippi Gulf Coast
    Meka and Prissy (Social butterflies in Dachshound bodies)
    2015 379FL Solitude
    2014 Ram 3500, Crew Cab, Laramie, Cummins, Auto, 4X4, Long Bed, DRW, Andersen Hitch

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum Al and good luck with your search for a new TH!

Steve

Site Sponsor Long Island Happy Camper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Al. You will not be disappointed in any of the Momentum floor plans you choose. I have the Momentum 385TH and absolutely love it. We have had zero issues with ours. Have spent over 45 camping days in the camper so far this year and traveled over 4,000 miles. I made sure I looked at all the major competitors ( Voltage, Fuzion, Raptor, Cyclone, etc.) before we decided on the Grand Design Momentum. We had the pleasure of meeting and talking to many of Grand Designs owners and upper management at the Hershey RV show last year. After seeing the quality of the Momentum compared to others, researching the construction, and speaking with the owners of Grand Design, we knew we made the right decision and ordered our 385 and have not been one bit disappointed. Good Luck!!!!!!
    Jeff - Long Island - New York
    2014 Grand Design Momentum 385TH #5
    2011 Ford F-350 6.7 Duallie Golden Bronze Metallic
    Reese 20K Select Hitch
    TST flow through tire pressure monitor
    Firestone Ride Rite Air-Bags