User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewhedd View Post
    Yes, I did that, just thought I'd get the most recent info. Thanks for the replies. I won't be trading, just a cash offer, don't know if that's going to be an advantage.
    Aridon's right. Fran worked in a business where she regularly witnessed financed individuals getting a better deal than cash customers.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    Aridon's right. Fran worked in a business where she regularly witnessed financed individuals getting a better deal than cash customers.
    That's what I was thinking. Cash used to talk, guess not so much anymore.

Seasoned Camper Dreamin' Dreamers's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FWIW was at a large GD dealer shopping floor plans. Really liked the 303. Was led to sales office. We sat down. They offered MSRP, or course, and slid the paper across the desk. I whipped out my calculator and subtracted 35% and slid it back. Salesman disappeared, came back and said we can sell it to you at your price if you commit today.
    I wasn't quite ready to pull the trigger, but it was a good experience that I put in my back pocket and thanked them for their time. They were still pleasant and said thanks for doing business, please come back!

DD.
    Duane, Mary Jo, and Milo the dog = Full Timers.
    2019 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4x4 6.7 psd
    2019 GD Momentum 351M
    2016 BMW R1200 GS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Florida is not known to be the cheapest place to buy RV's. Georgia's a straight shot up I-75, and like it was said the dealer in Byron, GA appears to be very competitive. I've also been hearing really great things about the GD dealer in Chattsworth, just south of Chattanooga.

We drove 5 hours to buy our Reflection, and they beat our local dealer by $7K.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a similar experience out west. My local dealer had the model we wanted, but not with the options we wanted. They were very good about me looking over the coach, taking measurements, etc. And we casually talked price while kicking the tires. I knew we were going to special order ours and wanted to give them a shot. I emailed them and several other dealers a copy of the MSRP sheet from GD's website with all the options we wanted listed, and an offer. In the end, the local dealer was very proud of their product and another dealer about 250 miles away was willing to deal. I ended up getting 27% off MSRP not including sales tax. My special order took 15 weeks from offer acceptance to delivery.

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I did that, just thought I'd get the most recent info. Thanks for the replies. I won't be trading, just a cash offer, don't know if that's going to be an advantage.
    Finance the unit, and make sure your getting one with no pre-payment penalties....let the paperwork go through and then write a check for it. I got my 312 from Southaven RV in Southaven Mississippi. Quite the drive from FL, but worth the drive. Straight forward pricing...easy to deal with....no stupid "we'll fill this paperwork out fees"

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And to think, all the dealers mentioned above can quote prices over the phone--without you having to drive all over. And most dealers can also arrange for delivery--at your cost. Sometimes it's worth it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were 99% sure we wanted a 315RLTS but were not quite ready to pull the trigger and were going to wait until this spring. We had looked at them multiple times and at a fall RV show last year the dealer we purchased from was offering about 33% off of list MSRP. They offered us that same price 3 weeks later plus more than I thought we'd get for our trade, sight unseen, so we decided to complete the purchase. We arranged our own financing.

Picked it up and was only able to dry camp two days before we put it in storage.

I can't wait for our campground to open up in 33 days.
    2019 Reflection 315RLTS
    2019 Ford F250 Lariat SuperCab PSD SRW

Former set up:
    2013 Kodiak 291RESL
    2017 Ford F150 Platinum

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thinking very seriously of purchasing. I know most dealers will discount most brands about 30% off MSRP. Is this what I can expect with this one? MSRP is about $53,000. Thanks. BTW, live in Orlando, FL so any advice about dealers would be appreciated.
    We paid $37,900 for our 2019 at the end of last year (September). That included a second AC factory installed. Tax plus a $250 document fee were extra. I was pretty happy with the deal. We ordered ours from the factory for that prices. We are in Rochester, NY. Good luck!
    Mike & Maggie
    Paige, Molly, Delaney & Bridget (yes, 4 daughters)
    Chocolate Lab - Seamus
    2019 312BHTS Reflection TT
    2017 F-250 Lariat SCREW Gasser 6.2L, SRW, shortbed
    14k Equal-I-Zer Hitch

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For us, we secured financing through USAA before purchased. Emailed 6 dealers with the make, model and add-ons we wanted, got responses from four. Our closest dealer was an hour away. We visited and they were very upfront. Said they could not keep 303's or 337's on the lot so they were not willing to deal much. We chose a dealer about 2 hours away which beat our closest dealer by nearly 5k. We ended up at about 28/29% off MSRP. Of course the State made theirs on the sales tax and registration.
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast