User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cost of new 312BHTS

Thinking very seriously of purchasing. I know most dealers will discount most brands about 30% off MSRP. Is this what I can expect with this one? MSRP is about $53,000. Thanks. BTW, live in Orlando, FL so any advice about dealers would be appreciated.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    26 views and no replies?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewhedd View Post
    Thinking very seriously of purchasing. I know most dealers will discount most brands about 30% off MSRP. Is this what I can expect with this one? MSRP is about $53,000. Thanks. BTW, live in Orlando, FL so any advice about dealers would be appreciated.
    It's the out-the-door price (minus taxes and registration) that matters. Dealers will play all kinds of games, but you probably already know that.

I bought from Campers Inn in Byron, GA. They've got a store in Ocala. Worth comparing with Lazy Days.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info. Just wondering how much discount from MSRP buyers are seeing since all the online prices are basically the same. Usually I will see prices for other brands range from MSRP to deep discounts. Thanks again.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info. Just wondering how much discount from MSRP buyers are seeing since all the online prices are basically the same. Usually I will see prices for other brands range from MSRP to deep discounts. Thanks again.
    I think GD requires authorized dealers to stick to a set price when advertising. When I bought my 315RLTS I emailed the salesrep. The first time I actually put eyes on my trailer was when I went to the PDI.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It depends on a lot of factors. I haven't seen anyone get 30% off MSRP but a lot of folks online say that got that. For the 30% I would think that it would have to be a unit that has been on the dealers lot for a while and they want to move it. Or, they have a large inventory of that model. It could also be a regional factor were competition is pushing deeper discounts.

In my area there is only one Grand Design dealer within 100 miles so no competitive pricing. There is nothing wrong with asking for 30% - you never know.

I know this isn't concrete information but hopefully someone who is knowledgeable of the sales process can chime in.
    Jim & Kate
    2019 Ford F350 CC 6.7 Diesel DRW
    2020 Solitude 344GK
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    2017 Ford F250 6.7 Diesel (Sold - already miss her)
    2018 GD Reflection 315RLTS (Sold)

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    25 to 30 percent off MSRP. Iirc we got 26.5% off including delivery, prep and all dealer fees. Only extra was tag tax and title.

New factory order.

I've always found offering them a price and terms cuts through a ton of bull crap. They know that you know the deal, they either want to move one or don't. When you go try to just talk it out you get a ton of back and forth, just cut it out, send the price you want inclusive of x, y, and z and let them take the shot or pass. Unless you enjoy being low balled and walking.

If they don't want to deal, go to another dealer or pay more. I promise you, if you pay more you likely won't get anything more but the dealer will appreciate the added profit.

If it's a hold over 2018 or something just order a 2019. They don't discount the used ones enough to cover the depreciation imo
    Last edited by Aridon; 02-10-2019 at 06:05 PM.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    26 views and no replies?
    Hi Brewhedd,

Limited response might be because this has been discussed so many times before on this forum. Use the search tool in the upper right corner on “MSRP” to find many hours of reading on this subject .

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I did that, just thought I'd get the most recent info. Thanks for the replies. I won't be trading, just a cash offer, don't know if that's going to be an advantage.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I did that, just thought I'd get the most recent info. Thanks for the replies. I won't be trading, just a cash offer, don't know if that's going to be an advantage.
    Dealers make money on financing so cash doesn't really mean anything to them
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast