User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mouse problem revisited.

Regarding the mice, we first posted this problem last year when our Solitude was new. No help from the dealership or GD. When we took a factory tour this past spring a service rep said he would come out to our campground to do a little inspection, he never showed. Long story short, we continue to have mice get in. My wife now see shadows and thinks it's another mouse. We have 5 traps around the interior with each trip and place poison blocks underneath the trailer (which I pick up when we leave). Obviously quite a hassle. We've caulked and spray foam where I see an opening, but they still manage to get in. Any help anyone? Sorry to go on and rant, we do love the camper. It's just something we never experienced before with previous, less costly campers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have also had a problem with mice. I am using moth balls on the bumper and in the front compartment to try and keep them out. It has been a problem to control them with traps they seem to escape the traps they get the food and continue to thrive. I don't use poison because I don't want them to crawl in the RV and die someplace. I found some openings in the back and put steel wool in there. I never had this problem with my other trailer. I am also looking for any suggestions. I have not seen any since my last time of catching four of them with traps but it has not been in storage hardly at all. I tried looking for openings also and think I closed up any I found. This has been an awful problem and of course they can do lots of damage. Not that I have an answer for you, but at least you are not alone with this problem. I found an opening in the back corner where I could reach up into the floor of the trailer. It looks like the black covering on the outside was either torn or the mice ate through it, not sure which. I would also lke any help or suggestions on this matter. Also I do not leave any opened food boxes or such in there and anything in there is in an airtight container. I love my camper but do not like sharing it with pests.

Debby - Stafford, Virginia
    2017 Grand Design Solitude ST374TH
    2012 GMC Denali 3500HD DRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maybe they are coming in through the slides last time we took ours out we could see the sun shining in at the bottom lower left corner by the fireplace
    John & Caren
    2014 Solitude 369RL #331
    2005 Dodge 3500 Quad Cab Cummins & manual 6 speed

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a product that we apply at the dealership called Mouse Free.

http://www.mouse-free.com/

They guarantee to be rodent free after application. It can be done at home also...
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I checked out your web link. This stuff is pretty expensive would it be better to have this done by somebody. I have to store my RV away from home and don't have a lot of supplies where it is stored. I have an air compressor and a generator but not sure if I would be able to do an application like this. It looks like the RV has to be opened up also, am I correct. Also does this last for a long period of time. I did not recall seeing that in the videos. Where could I get more info about this product.

Debby - Stafford, Virginia
    2017 Grand Design Solitude ST374TH
    2012 GMC Denali 3500HD DRW

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They make a customer applied version that comes in a hand pumped gallon jug.

We use a custom spray system, put the rig up on a lift, and spray down everything underneath.

They have several different links on their website to local dealers/installers as well as other info.

I do know it has to be reapplied on a yearly basis.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went under my 303 to look for openings. I found one opening for mice. Underneath where my spare tire hangs. I cranked down my spare tire and I had a Big X cut out of the heavy plastic covering. So I ducted tape it closed . All I had was a small opening for the cable to run thru to hold the tire. Then I took steel wool and duct taped it to the plastic covering against the cable. On my 303 it was a walk in for the mice. Also sounds weird but I use Bobcat pee for mice. I got it at predatorpee.com. They have these 2-3 oz plastic containers I hang under my 303 near any part that touches the ground. They say one will cover 10ft area.. No mice in 3 years!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone, it's not a problem Grand Design will admit to. Good suggestions I'll follow up on when i get it from storage next month.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We own a ranch and our 5er is stored here. Rats and mice abound in the rural environment. We have not had any problem with mice since we started putting a few cotton balls with "Oil of Peppermint" on them around the trailer. A couple in the storage bay, one in the bath and one in the pantry. You cannot smell the peppermint after a short time but mice are much more sensitive and they hate it. Hope it works for you as well as it has worked for us. Be sure you use "Oil of Peppermint". Ours came from Vitacost.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the tip ranchdog and welcome to the forum!

Steve

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast