User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HELP with vert slide window 2017 Solitude

Well I need some help with who to contact to really get an answer. Trying to finding out what the model or line of sliding windows are in our 2017 369RL Solitude. I have asked at multiple rv shows, called LCI, called customer service at GD and all without so much as a call back! I need to know what they are before LCI can even beging to tell me if i can get a replacement latch for the door side, dinning room vertical slide window. 6 months back the plastic pin on the end of the spring loaded latch that you finger pull towards the window center broke. It seems so simple that someone should be able to tell me but no luck, the numbers on the glass do not help. At least according to LCI customer service.
    Anyone have a contact at GD that follows through ? Thanks, Keith

2.5 Years full time and still LOVE OUR HOME. probably have a little over 20,000 miles travel on her !

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you post here in Tech Corner doesn't wake someone up go right to the top, Jerry McCarthy.
    Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    firedreamer - GDRV is no longer monitoring this section of the forum. If you look up your window PN in the GDRV website parts section, this may give you enough information to discuss the part you need with LCI. https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...y/parts-lookup

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This may sound strange but my guess is they will replace the entire window.

We have an Imagine series 2970RL. Both of my curb side horizontal slide windows would not close all the way so I could not lock them. Long story short, in both windows there is a piece of plastic that the sliding glass slides into. On both windows it was installed incorrectly and all mashed up, and on one window it wasn't even cut to the correct length.
    I thought certainly I can go to the dealer and buy this .25 piece of plastic and install two new pieces. Nope. No part number given, not even on the parts list. We need to replace both windows the service man says.

Turns out they pulled out the plastic pieces and "massaged" them into shape and correctly installed them. Doesn't make me feel any better and I'm still scared to open those windows in case they don't close all the way.

Good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2018 310 GK and the plastic pins have broken on all our vertical slide windows but one. Does anyone know how to get the windows out to replace the latches?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vertical latches

I don't know if anyone has been able to help you or not. I just order those latches for my 310 gk. They are rig specific. Go to parts counter and take your rig vin number. They need the last eight. Good luck.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine are broken too. Mine were a Lippert part (the glass should have a little "LCI" in a circle where the safety data is). What I cannot find is instructions on how to replace it. It looks like the entire frame has to come out and be contorted to make the swap. Not really wanting to break the sealant...

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Horizontal raise window latch

I just ordered mine today from lippert. I ordered 8, already have 2 broken. I was hoping they would have a upgraded design?
    My trailer is a 29 RS and have 4 of these windows. Looks like the entire inside of the window frame has to come off. Hope this help someone
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A737B38A-9F87-4809-814C-02EDB093502C.png 
Views:	112 
Size:	17.1 KB 
ID:	27297

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did anyone figure out how to remove the glass or the channel that holds the latch to replace the plastic latches?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried to replace these yet? If so, how did you do it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast