User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    Man I wish I could get a commission from Battle Born! I have sent them about $20k worth of business over the past year!
    ; )
    But I did swing by their booth at the big tent show in Quartzite and they gave me some Battle Born swag!

Check it out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I guess I should tell you that I went with AIMS. I started to go with the BB just on your recommendation, but I already had an AIMS inverter and I liked the idea of an AIMS converter so I wouldn't have to worry about one manufacturer blaming another if there was a problem. When I compared the AIMS and BB batteries, I found that they looked the same and had the same specs. The only difference I saw was the price and a hundred bucks is a hundred bucks.

The other thing that was different was the warranty. BB was said to have the best warranty, but I found it to be full of weasel words and loopholes. The AIMS warranty was for just as long and much more straightforward.

In the end, a warranty is only as good as the company behind it and *so far* I've been impressed by AIMS. Their converter has the best features of any of the several I looked at, but after I received it I found one feature I didn't like, the fan ran all the time and I could hear it in the bedroom. It wasn't defective, it was designed that way, but I didn't care for it and they took it back no questions asked. Their tech support and customer service were as good as any and better than many.

In all fairness, after I had ordered my equipment, I was shopping for something else at a retailer that also sold BB. He offered to sell me the BB battery for the same price as I had paid for the AIMS battery. That pretty well convinced me that they are both basically the same battery. (I was also a little put off by the way the sales guy ran down his competition rather than promoting his product.)

I think I should hit AIMS for some swag, though. Nice haul.
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTX View Post
    I would have to save for a long while for six of them. My little experiment makes me think that 100 amps of lithium (80 usable) would easily replace 450 amps of FLA's (225 usable). Just depends on your needs. I found that a single 100 amp lithium easily gave me five to six hours of lights and TV (which is our typical use). The real kicker is that the lithium battery could be easily recharged in a couple of hours using one or two little generators. A couple of solar panels could reduce that generator run time considerably.
    I am thing that three might be enough for right now, but that is still about $2400 to $2700 to come up with. I have six 6 volt right now and it is not enough. I have room enough for 6 to 8 batteries.
    2012 Chevy 3500 DRW DURAMAX
    2016 Momentum 397th
    TOY 2013 800 RZR LE

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ditchdigger View Post
    I am thing that three might be enough for right now, but that is still about $2400 to $2700 to come up with. I have six 6 volt right now and it is not enough. I have room enough for 6 to 8 batteries.
    Yes, they are a hit. I got fifty bucks a piece for my old ones from my Trojan dealer. That helps.

Where are you putting them? I had just installed an inverter and all new battery cables in my front compartment. There's plenty of room in there and I was rather proud of the way it came out. Unfortunately, I apparently didn't get one of the terminals tight. I had used a torque wrench on all the connections and don't know how it happened, but I must have missed one. I loaded up the inverter with a space heater to test the system and that lose terminal melted a terminal off the battery and that's when I decided to replace them. My initial thought was to just swap the GC batteries for lithium in the front compartment, but the more I thought about it, the more concerned I became about the front compartment not being heated (or even well vented). I'm pretty well maxed out on pin weight and I had had my eye on the area under the steps in the basement. Turned out that three 100 amp batteries fit perfectly under the steps and that area is heated. I hated to tear apart the system I had just installed, but I like the new arrangement much better and it gets a lot of weight off the pin.

Location is something to consider. Also, shop around. At least that one BB dealer I talked to was willing to match prices and I suspect they all will.

FWIW, I had added a Victron BMS712 meter when I installed the inverter and that is how I learned how little capacity my FLA's really had. If you don't already have that type of battery monitoring system you may find that you don't need three batteries or you may be able to get by simply by changing your charging routine. The lithium's ability to quickly recharge is impressive.
    John and Jean

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have enough room next to the generator front compartment. I will probably put some type of heat in there when I need it (just thought of something, I can cut a hole through the wall to the belly and put a small fan to heat it) . I have no room under the steps. That compartment is a mess, I was thinking about in there, so I opened it up and said no way, and I don't want to loose any space in the belly.
    2016 Momentum 397th
    TOY 2013 800 RZR LE

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ditchdigger View Post
    I have enough room next to the generator front compartment. I will probably put some type of heat in there when I need it (just thought of something, I can cut a hole through the wall to the belly and put a small fan to heat it) . I have no room under the steps. That compartment is a mess, I was thinking about in there, so I opened it up and said no way, and I don't want to loose any space in the belly.
    In my basement, there was a fabric covered panel that enclosed the steps and electric and TV outlets were mounted in that panel. The space under the top step was just the right size to hold three 100 amp lithiums side by side (standing on end) so it was essentially wasted space. The inverter mounted on plywood that was mounted to the outer wall. This area is not only heated, but much closer to the converter and power center. I ended up with a net gain of space so now I have to find some more junk to throw in there.
    John and Jean

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTX View Post
    In my basement, there was a fabric covered panel that enclosed the steps and electric and TV outlets were mounted in that panel. The space under the top step was just the right size to hold three 100 amp lithiums side by side (standing on end) so it was essentially wasted space. The inverter mounted on plywood that was mounted to the outer wall. This area is not only heated, but much closer to the converter and power center. I ended up with a net gain of space so now I have to find some more junk to throw in there.
    In my basement it is a mess of wires and pipe, I was hoping to get to my breaker / fuse box, but I can't get there because of all the wires and pipes, I am afraid I will break some thing ( maybe on me ) it is a real mess. So the only places is the front compartment, or the pass through.
    2016 Momentum 397th
    TOY 2013 800 RZR LE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vonzoog View Post
    I have a question. Everyone keeps talking about adding on more lithium batteries in the future. Are lithium batteries like FLA/AGM batteries?

What I am asking is that an old FLA/AGM used battery should not be used with a new battery, correct? So adding a new lithium battery along with older lithium batteries has no side effects? It does not draw down the new lithium to the same level as the old lithium battery?

Maybe I’m missing something.
    vonzoog, I am looking for an answer to this very question. Searched it and this thread came up. Did you ever get an answer to this adding newer lithium's to older ones? I did not find it answered in this thread.
    Bob & Sheran
    2017 Ford F350 DRW CC LB Lariat 6.7 PS
    Companion 5th Wheel Hitch in Ford Pucks
    2020 Reflections 337RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to BattleBorn, as long as you add within the first two years, there should be no problem
    2017 F350 4x4 6.7 Turbo Diesel
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dopperud View Post
    According to BattleBorn, as long as you add within the first two years, there should be no problem
    Thanks, appreciate it.
    Bob & Sheran
    2017 Ford F350 DRW CC LB Lariat 6.7 PS
    Companion 5th Wheel Hitch in Ford Pucks
    2020 Reflections 337RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey did any of you guys have to replace your charger / controller to switch over to the LiFePO4 batteries?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast