User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the ACU-RITE 5 system to with the anemometer, Rain gauge,and all that. The big problem is finding some thing to mount it to that dose not move, the movement causes the rain gauge to say it is raining all the time. I have it mounted to a 3
    ' fence post right now(you would think it would be solid, but their is a automatic gate 10' away and every time it closes it reads another..0.01" of rain it might be sunny and 70*. When I had it mounted to the RV every time the wind blew over 15 mph it would start raining according to the rain gauge. looking at getting a tripod like for the dish, to mount it on. Here in West Texas it is windy a lot and we like watching the wind speed. We had a gust of wind one time at 43 mph and when it hit the trailer on the refer side it push the side out, in I thought the refer. was going to fall out of the side out, it hit the sink island in the trailer. some time it is nice to know how fast the wind is blowing. I geuse I have the addiction too, I am glad I am in a club.
    2012 Chevy 3500 DRW DURAMAX
    2016 Momentum 397th
    TOY 2013 800 RZR LE

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My buddy Mikey, aka "Beav", had some problems with his weather station. Being an analog man in this digital world, I built him a portable weather station.

The Cleaver Sta. #1 is replete with windsock, anemometer, hygrometer, thermometer, rain gauge and the only concession to digitalness, a lightning detector. The mast is telescopic, the rain gauge and anemometer stow in their respective places on the front and the windsock has its own pouch on the backside. The unit folds up like a sandwich board and has a handle for easy transport.

So, when all you weather nerds are looking for batteries or remote sensors, the Shimco (combo of Sharon and Kim) will be providing data in the real world.

Mikey and I are the best of friends. They call us Wally and the Beav!

Fixed pic for ya, Kim! -Howard
    Last edited by howson; 02-08-2019 at 06:11 PM.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back in the 1900's the ladies use to crochet these little ribbons with a piece of paper attached you removed the instruction paper and hung the ribbon outside.
    The instructions were..
    If its wet its raining
    If its frozen its cold
    If its dry its sunny
    If its gone its windy

Brian

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTX View Post
    I'd really like to find a good temperature monitor for the RV so I can keep an eye on Fang, the guard puppy, but someone suggested a camera rather than just a temp sensor.
    When Bandit passed away our new guard puppy got severe separation anxiety and would sit and howl until we returned. We needed some type of system to monitor her to see if our training/mitigation techniques were working. We found this web site: Digital Dog Sitter It is sound activated but would record noise events that we could play back on our smart phones remotely. Fee of $9 per month. It uses the camera on our laptop.

There's lots of options out there now, look for Granny Cams, another means of remote monitoring.

Grandpa used to have a weather chain hanging from the fence. Kind of like the ribbon idea; if its wet it's raining, if it's white it's snowing, if it's hot is sunny, if it's sticking straight out there is a tornado and you should head for the cellar.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I must confess I'm a weather geek as well lol. My daughter calls me "weather Dad" because I always call when bad weather is approaching her I was actually looking at different setups for the new trailer so this is a timely thread for me. I love this site but my wallet doesn't!
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    I must confess I'm a weather geek as well lol. My daughter calls me "weather Dad" because I always call when bad weather is approaching her I was actually looking at different setups for the new trailer so this is a timely thread for me. I love this site but my wallet doesn't!
    You know that you do not have to buy everything that we talk about.
    2012 Chevy 3500 DRW DURAMAX
    2016 Momentum 397th
    TOY 2013 800 RZR LE

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ditchdigger View Post
    I know I know but it's all cool stuff and I gotta keep up! I figure by summer I'll be about 20K pounds overweight! lol
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ditchdigger View Post
    Wish someone had told me that a few grand, ago.
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12