Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New 2019 2600RB questions

Hello just picked up new 2019 2600RB after checking everything out all seems to be good except two issues. First issue should the base of the shower wall and basin be caulked or left open? Wife says water will get inside under the wall a cause mold. Second issue is with the stove. Where the back of the stove meets the cabinet is nice and even no gap but as you come towards the front develops into a ˝ “ gap. Is this normal or need to be adjusted?

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on your new 2600!

The shower base should be left open. Water will not run uphill, over the lip. It is left open so air can circulate behind it, preventing mold.

If the gap at the stove is only about 1/2 inch, I wouldn't worry about it. There is no tweaking it, as it would just put a gap on the other side.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a good amount of overlap at the shower lip, no danger of water seeping through unless your trailer is upside down

I've noticed that on our stove too. It's the top part of the stove (that you can remove for cleaning, check the manuals) not sitting right. I haven't figured out how to get it to sit flush, there's either a gap in the front or back.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by flparadise View Post
    Hello just picked up new 2019 2600RB after checking everything out all seems to be good except two issues. First issue should the base of the shower wall and basin be caulked or left open? Wife says water will get inside under the wall a cause mold. Second issue is with the stove. Where the back of the stove meets the cabinet is nice and even no gap but as you come towards the front develops into a ˝ “ gap. Is this normal or need to be adjusted?
    Looks like you've got the answers to your questions. Welcome to the forum! The 2600RB is a very popular choice.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by flparadise View Post
    Welcome to the forum, lots of good information here. We also have a 2600RB. Getting ready to hit the road by doing a suspension and tire upgrade after 9000 miles.
    Jeff and Mary
    2017 2600RB
    2022 F250 Lariat CC 6.7 w/ Max Tow
    Round Rock, (Donut Capital of Texas) <><

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on the new 2600RB - it's a great unit. You've had your questions answered, but keep them coming because there is a wealth of knowledge in this group.
    Welcome.
    Vince and Peg
    Kennedy (Bernese Mountain Dog)
    2017 Chevy Suburban Premier Edition w/max tow pkg.
    2018 GD Imagine 2600RB

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On our Reflection the side walls of the shower seem to be stuck to the base with 2 sided tape. One spot came loose, so I pushed it back and it restuck. Then I put a bead of silicone around it to keep moisture out.
    2018 Reflection 315RLTS
    2023 F350 Lariat 6.7L/CC/LB/FX4

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivercityjeff View Post
    Welcome to the forum, lots of good information here. We also have a 2600RB. Getting ready to hit the road by doing a suspension and tire upgrade after 9000 miles.
    Sorry, I know this post is a few months old, but I was wondering what you would be doing in terms of the suspension?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Morryde CRE3000, wet bolts, 2250 lbs springs, and Goodyear Endurance tires.

If I had to do it again, I’d do the tires first. They greatly reduced “truck suck.”

You can search by forum members and see all the gory details.
    Last edited by Rivercityjeff; 06-11-2019 at 08:43 PM.
    Jeff and Mary
    2017 2600RB
    2022 F250 Lariat CC 6.7 w/ Max Tow
    Round Rock, (Donut Capital of Texas) <><

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivercityjeff View Post
    Morryde CRE3000, wet bolts, 2250 lbs springs, and Goodyear Endurance tires.

If I had to do it again, I’d do the tires first. They greatly reduced “truck suck.”

You can search by forum members and see all the gory details.
    The 2019 model will have 4400 lb axles, and the heavier springs. 6 bolt rims and E rated tires. So they have all the upgrades except the Goodyear Endurance tires, wet bolt kit and CRE3000. The last three items do not need to be done immediately where most of the Westlake tire failures have been on the heavier 5th wheels. The tires however would be my first improvement as well.
    Last edited by MidwestCamper; 06-13-2019 at 06:39 PM.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast