User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bryanj58

A/C concerns on out 337

The last two trips the A/C has not keep up with the heat. We are in the South were its 99% humidity and 95deg out side. The last trip we tried a portable AC in the bedroom so we shut the vents in the bedroom and it still would not keep the livingroom comfortable.
    The unit is not cycling on and off like I've read in other post, so I don't think it's the baffle problem, but I will check this once we get it home from the dealer. The camper is at the dealer for a few minor warranty repairs. I asked the dealer to check it out and they said it's working correctly.
    They recommended the second AC for the bedroom, but I do not see how that's going to fix the living room temp.

We think the AC unit is under powered for the camper.
    Any thoughts?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum and sorry that you're not happy about the A/C. Adding the second A/C in the bedroom would help the overall temperature in the entire camper and it's pre-wired and can be connected to the duct system. As far as under powered or under sized, the 15K unit you have is the largest available. The 337 is a large camper and will require 2 A/C in the temperatures you're experiencing.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to agree with Dave. We have 2 A/Cs in our Solitude and when the temps reach 90+ and the sun is beating down, there's no way a single unit will keep the rig cool enough to be comfortable. At least not for us. I've tried to keep it cool using just the main A/C and it just won't handle it under extreme conditions. Once we turn on the second A/C, it's cool within 30 minutes.
    Andy & Julie
    Gig Harbor, Wa
    2014 Solitude 369RL S/N 104
    2012 F350 SWR 4x4 CC 6.7 Diesel

Bryanj58
    The last trip we used a portable AC in the bedroom. This keep the bedroom cool but failed to help any way with the living room. We even shut the vents in the bedroom.

The way I understood it the 2nd AC unit would be a non-ducted unit?
    If I'm wrong and it will connect to the duct system. Wouldn't the two units fight each other trying to push air against each other?
    Thanks for any help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryanj58 View Post
    The last trip we used a portable AC in the bedroom. This keep the bedroom cool but failed to help any way with the living room. We even shut the vents in the bedroom.

The way I understood it the 2nd AC unit would be a non-ducted unit?
    If I'm wrong and it will connect to the duct system. Wouldn't the two units fight each other trying to push air against each other?
    Thanks for any help
    In our 369RL, both A/Cs units are ducted and appear to be tied in to the ducting throughout the rig. With one A/C running, I get good airflow out of the ducts. With BOTH running, I get a lot more airflow. This is with the dumps closed and relying on airflow from the ducting only.
    Andy & Julie
    Gig Harbor, Wa
    2014 Solitude 369RL S/N 104
    2012 F350 SWR 4x4 CC 6.7 Diesel

Ky joe
    We had the bedroom AC installed the tech told us that the thermostat wires are routed by the bedroom light switch and to add it to the duct work they cut into the duct and its good to go... the duct work system in the DG is what they call a "race track" design its a big circle..

Bryanj58
    Thanks Ky

Once I get the camper back from the dealer. I'll look into that.
    Do y'all have two thermostat?

Ky joe
    Yes I have 2 thermostats, if you remove your bedroom light switch you should find thermostat wires taped to your light switch wires... You also have to use a domatic penguin ac unit in the bedroom per GD or thats what the dealer said after his call to GD

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the 2nd AC and it makes a huge difference here in south Louisiana. We chose the ducted installation and are very pleased we did. Either unit will cool the whole unit, but both of them on can freeze you out!

Bryanj58
    Thanks for help
    As long as it connects into the duct work. That's the route I'll go.
    Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast