User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks v2mdp1... I thought about using glue but will try and replace first. Can't use the pan, although not a good idea. Our cabinet drawer is directly below the p trap with only about 1/4 inch clearance.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're welcome. My repair was quick and easy - and has held. That Gorilla Glue (clear) works wonders. Have used it on my crown moldings, door jambs, wallboard stripping, etc. Great stuff. Sorry the pan idea won't work. Saved me loads of problems, both in this rig and my home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adding yet another trailer (2970RL) with this. Picked mine up yesterday and completely forgot to look at this before I left the dealer lot. That nut on my sink was cracked in 2 different places.

Has anyone done a DIY fix on this by replacing the p trap and fittings with stuff from home depot or lowes?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The day we went to pick up our new 2019 2600RB and do the final walk through we were testing the water and drain system and noticed water all over the kitchen floor. the P-trap on the kitchen sink was broke off or just too short to make a solid connection. During investigating this I noticed a lot of sawdust and wire strippings inside of the cabinets which had never been cleaned. Also the molding was coming off of the door jamb at the Bathroom and Bedroom. I asked the dealer to use silicone as the glue to replace the molding, and tape them in place until the glue sets. There were a few other things as well and 2 hours later the unit was ready for us to leave. 2 days later went out to pull the tape off of the molding and the molding came off with the tape. I used silicone to reglue the trim and its stuck tight. For 28k VERY Disappointing. Had me thinking about going back to my wall tent, But the wife wants a real bed. So I loaded a bunch of my carpenter and plumbing tools up in the basement so that I can finish the build for Grand Design as the need arises.
    Bob and Linda
    2018 Ram 2500 LH
    2019 Imagine 2600RB
    Prescott

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SloHand View Post
    The day we went to pick up our new 2019 2600RB and do the final walk through we were testing the water and drain system and noticed water all over the kitchen floor. the P-trap on the kitchen sink was broke off or just too short to make a solid connection. During investigating this I noticed a lot of sawdust and wire strippings inside of the cabinets which had never been cleaned. Also the molding was coming off of the door jamb at the Bathroom and Bedroom. I asked the dealer to use silicone as the glue to replace the molding, and tape them in place until the glue sets. There were a few other things as well and 2 hours later the unit was ready for us to leave. 2 days later went out to pull the tape off of the molding and the molding came off with the tape. I used silicone to reglue the trim and its stuck tight. For 28k VERY Disappointing. Had me thinking about going back to my wall tent, But the wife wants a real bed. So I loaded a bunch of my carpenter and plumbing tools up in the basement so that I can finish the build for Grand Design as the need arises.
    Like everyone else that buys an RV, you bought an RV kit. When you get it home you can finish building it right.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look for mobile home tub trap. I have a pic if I can post it! I bought mine and Home Depot. Installing today, so will update. It is a perfect match though. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CA1393F2-903E-4F61-BDF5-EB3466CA3C8F.jpeg 
Views:	35 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	18364
    ~Patrick

2018 Imagine 2400BH
    2016 GMC Yukon XL

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealMacGyver View Post
    Look for mobile home tub trap. I have a pic if I can post it! I bought mine and Home Depot. Installing today, so will update. It is a perfect match though. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CA1393F2-903E-4F61-BDF5-EB3466CA3C8F.jpeg 
Views:	35 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	18364
    Thanks for that. Good to know. When I returned from Florida I had to communicate with GD service about some previous repairs they had authorized so I sent them a picture of what I needed and they immediately shipped the parts to me. I have not installed them yet but should work.

Next time i'm at Home Depot I'll check for the part you mentioned. May buy myself a backup set. Thanks, I looked everywhere except HD. here in NC, although I did check HD in Florida. I could always find the trap but not with the part that screws to the sink.

PS. Just checked HD online and my local store does not carry it. Closest is Myrtle Beach , 47 miles. Still good to know.
    Last edited by riven1950; 03-16-2019 at 08:45 AM. Reason: update

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After close inspection, the reason it cracked is because it was about 1/2” too short to begin with. So I had to add a piece and it fits perfectly. I have several pics but everytime I try to add more than one it wont let me. I will try again. Ok I think I did it, but that is tough on a phone! There are some better mobile forum pic attachments out there; this is not one of them!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ED8EEDF0-2667-4DEC-9F6E-0D5DA2FE97ED.jpeg 
Views:	26 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	18366Click image for larger version. 

Name:	325CA701-C267-4C60-B0D3-20109655043D.jpeg 
Views:	29 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	18367Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D3C9789D-992A-4ABB-AC67-3E3907888E00.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	905.8 KB 
ID:	18368Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F9A3FA6F-2BD8-42E6-BF2A-F8B4CD4EA53A.jpeg 
Views:	30 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	18369
    ~Patrick

2018 Imagine 2400BH
    2016 GMC Yukon XL

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wanted to add a few more details. The item I listed above does need to be glued together. The piece f om the sink is not attached to the P trap. When I sized mine up under the sink, this piece was even with the P trap, meaning there was nothing to stick in and glue. When I put a short 1-1/2” coupler in between, the part from the sink was too long. So I had to cut off some of that to hit the stop of the coupler from that end, leaving no gap in between. Then I had to cut a 1-1/2” pvc pipe to join the other end to the P trap. This gave me the extra length needed. Hopefully that makes sense. Use all purpose glue, which cover ABS. They clearly made this too short and then forced it on, which broke the nut going to the sink on my maiden voyage.
    ~Patrick

2018 Imagine 2400BH
    2016 GMC Yukon XL

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the p trap come loose on our shower. I was headed home and did a over night stop at a Sno-park in the Oregon mountains ( nice paved parking lot ). I took a nice Hollywood shower. Got dressed and took the dog out. There was a long, long water trail going across the parking lot. The p trap drowned the under-belly and all the insulation in the front half of the Momentum. Luckily it was under warranty and the dealership got the pleasure of replacing the bat insulation. KEN

Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast