User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same problem in my 2600RB in the bathroom vanity. The P trap was too short and was leaking. I got it stopped well enough and it was fixed at the dealership under warranty. This is perhaps another example of them building units too quickly and "good enough" is not good at all.
    Vince and Peg
    Kennedy (Bernese Mountain Dog)
    2017 Chevy Suburban Premier Edition w/max tow pkg.
    2018 GD Imagine 2600RB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same exact story on my 2019 3170. Noticed water collecting in the cutlery tray below the sink. Part was over tightened and cracked from factory. I was 6 hours away from the dealership so I completed the repair myself. Ended up replacing the entire p trap as the old and new parts did not form a water tight connection.

It always pays to be on the look out for water leaks. Having the pump turn on randomly often can indicate there is a leak somewhere.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, this P-trap seems to be a common problem.

We took our new 2019 Imagine 2250RK for the first time on a shakeout trip last August. We stayed fairly close to civilization in case we had any issues or problems to deal with. The one and only problem we had so far was the P-trap under the kitchen sink. After arriving at our campsite, we took some meat out of the freezer and placed it in the sink to thaw. Some time later we opened the drawer below the sink to retrieve some dishes and noticed the dishes were wet from the thawing meat.

Upon closer inspection, we found the nut/collar of the p-trap where it connects to the bottom of the sink was split/cracked in the same way as so many others have posted. We were lucky enough to find an identical p-trap at a nearby hardware store and were able to perform the repair onsite ourselves with relatively minimal disruption to our vacation.

We were very fortunate in the way we discovered this problem as it could have been a lot worse (such as running the tap or emptying a sink full of dirty dishwater). We attributed this to someone simply over-tightening that nut during factory installation. Perhaps this should be part of GD's pre-delivery inspection checklist?
    Mike & Danielle
    2016 F-150 EcoBoost 4x4 SuperCrew
    2019 Imagine 2250RK

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I checked our P traps under the kitchen sink right after reading your post Mike. Almost all the connections I was able to turn 1/2 of a turn with my hand.

Further up on this thread, I posted about the P trap coming loose on the shower and drowning the whole front underbelly. The dealer had to replace all the insulation. KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Ken,
    I'm of the belief the p-trap was overtightened and cracked at the factory, and perhaps inadequately tightened in your case. However we're going to make it part of our setup routine in future to do a quick check on these fittings under the kitchen sink and bathroom sink just in case something may have worked loose or possibly broke during the rigors of road travel.

I would also do the same check for the shower trap based on your post (thanks for sharing), but I don't believe it is feasible to check with an enclosed and insulated underbelly.

Glad we have this forum- thanks again for sharing!
    Mike & Danielle
    2016 F-150 EcoBoost 4x4 SuperCrew
    2019 Imagine 2250RK

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep.

Mine the nut broke right under sink.It always happens while camping. Two RV stores and two hardware stores later I had only half of what I needed to fix it. I MacGyvered it with a bunch of glue and cut off fittings. Still holding.
    Bill and Kim
    2019 Imagine 2670 MK, Equalizer WDH
    2020 Ford F250, 7.3 l gas

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had the "nut" to break where it connects to the kitchen sink on my 2970RL. Went to Lowes and purchased the nut. With a little patience and some brute force it can be replaced without tearing up the whole assembly. I believe the used some cheap material in the original plumbing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow surprised how many had this issue. Same here on my 2019 2670MK. I was still under warranty and my dealer took care of it while I waited. They said “it happens”, the new P Trap they installed looks much beefier! Here is a picture of the break. Something I check before every trip now. Made a bit of a mess before I found it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1801.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	88.2 KB 
ID:	22090
    George & Lani
    Greenville, SC
    2019 Imagine 2670MK
    2015 GMC 2500HD

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2600RB and found water in the paper plates under the sink after our 2nd camping trip. The dealer sent me a new p-trap and glue to fix it. The replacement had a little longer pipe from the trap to the sink.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2019 Imagine 2970 RL only 6 months old. Same thing happened to us. The area just above the nut broke off right below the sink drain. We were out camping and found a True Value store but they don't carry that weird RV connector. Fixed it by replacing the down pipe and all works fine. Now if it breaks again we only have to find a standard connector, not the rv only one.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast