User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One can also upgrade from the p trap method while they are at it....

https://www.loveyourrv.com/upgrading...m-hepvo-valve/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wanted to add that the 2800bh's aren't immune to this issue. After less than a year of ownership, my kitchen sink p-trap came apart. The nut of the p-trap where it connects to the bottom of the sink split in the same way as so many others have posted.

Just another thing to keep an eye on. I will also check the shower p-trap when I add some bracing to the shower floor.
    2019 2800bh
    2018 Silverado 1500

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My turn.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190907_194712.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	68.9 KB 
ID:	22536
    2019 F350 6.7L PS SRW CCSB Platinum
    2021 28BH with theater seating and 2nd AC
    2019 Imagine 2400BH w/solar (sold)
    https://rolling.howardweb.info/

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Noticed water in the top drawer under the sink on this Tuesday while on a trip at Lake Tahoe. Add my 2019 Imagine 2500RL purchased in November to the list. Thinking I'm not going to trust a replacement to having proper alignment of the other bits of ABS and trying the HepvO waterless trap. Just a little frustrating on lack of care in how trailers in general get assembled. Teachable moment for me I'm thinking. Thanks to all for the posts to this thread.
    2017 Ford F-150 3.5 liter EcoBoost
    2019 Imagine 2500RL

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ... and fixed. My local dealer had a replacement in stock. This one uses a different mechanism that might put less stress on the rings that hold it together. Instead of a solid connection from the sink flange through the trap, this is a slip tube setup with a tightening collar. My trailer is still under factory warranty for a month or so, so I signed the paper and walked out with it today. It took about 10 minutes to replace, including drawers, if that.

Name:	20190911_200907.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	22552

Jim
    2019 F350 6.7L PS SRW CCSB Platinum
    2021 28BH with theater seating and 2nd AC
    2019 Imagine 2400BH w/solar (sold)
    https://rolling.howardweb.info/

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the update. I might have been better going that route but wasn't too inclined to work with the local dealer. Admitting that's mostly on me. I was hoping to pick up a replacement part from my local big box but no one seems to have them in stock. Maybe because of the new design.You have more patience than I do.
    Quote Originally Posted by jh.xsnrg View Post
    ... and fixed. My local dealer had a replacement in stock. This one uses a different mechanism that might put less stress on the rings that hold it together. Instead of a solid connection from the sink flange through the trap, this is a slip tube setup with a tightening collar. My trailer is still under factory warranty for a month or so, so I signed the paper and walked out with it today. It took about 10 minutes to replace, including drawers, if that.

Name:	20190911_200907.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	22552

Jim
    2017 Ford F-150 3.5 liter EcoBoost
    2019 Imagine 2500RL

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got our 21BHE in Feb 2019. First trip, second day and I found water under the sink. The nut holding the P-trap was cross threaded. I had to use a big pier of slip joint pliers to get it loose, way over tightened. Turns out the pipe from the drain to the P-trap was too long and forced the fitting down at an angle. I managed to get it back together and used some silicon to stop the leak. If the installer had spent 30 seconds cutting the pipe to the correct length, he won't have had to force ti together and over tighten the nut.
    2019 Grand Design 21BHE
    2012 GMC Yukon
    Other toys
    1929 Model A Ford Roadster
    1931 Model A Station Wagon

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234