User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

broken p trap connection at kitchen sink, anyone else with this issue?

We have a 2019 2500RL, purchased in November. On a two month Fl trip now.

The other day my GF noticed a small amount of water in the drawer under the sink. Pulled the drawer out and found the nut attaching the p trap to the sink drain is split in half. I was thinking the installer just tightened it to tight or just a cheap fitting.

My concern is the bottom of the p trap is very close to the top of the drawer back when it closes, so got to wondering if hitting the drawer broke the fitting. It appears the clearance is 1/4 inch or so which is too close for me.

I taped it up temporarily. Lowes and HD don't carry ABS in Fl. Am going to check with a place called Mobile Home Depot. If I can find the right abs fitting for the end of the p trap I'll fix it rather than take it to the dealer. Not a big deal but don't want it to happen again.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else with a 2500rl or similar kitchen set up has had this problem?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The whole abs pipe on mine broke off right below the sink connection. I cut out all the ABS back to the drawer and converted it to PVC. This happened at the campsite the week after we got the TT back from the 90 day inspection and repair of multiple problems. For this it was faster and cheaper to just fix it myself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by riven1950 View Post
    We have a 2019 2500RL, purchased in November. On a two month Fl trip now.

The other day my GF noticed a small amount of water in the drawer under the sink. Pulled the drawer out and found the nut attaching the p trap to the sink drain is split in half. I was thinking the installer just tightened it to tight or just a cheap fitting.

My concern is the bottom of the p trap is very close to the top of the drawer back when it closes, so got to wondering if hitting the drawer broke the fitting. It appears the clearance is 1/4 inch or so which is too close for me.

I taped it up temporarily. Lowes and HD don't carry ABS in Fl. Am going to check with a place called Mobile Home Depot. If I can find the right abs fitting for the end of the p trap I'll fix it rather than take it to the dealer. Not a big deal but don't want it to happen again.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else with a 2500rl or similar kitchen set up has had this problem?
    Are you in the Lakeland area of FL there's a mobile rv parts dealer by us.

Ken

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    2020 Imagine 2450RL
    Wasaga Beach Ontario Canada
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 Trailer Tow Package
    Eaz-Lift Elite WD Hitch 14,000lb capacity 1,200lb bars

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Are you in the Lakeland area of FL there's a mobile rv parts dealer by us.

Ken"

Not right now, but may be going close by soon. We are at Myakka State Park and headed back North in a couple of days. Going by mt Daughters house in Jax but not sure of the route yet. Thanks for the info...TR Do you have a name for this parts dealer?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a similar problem in Oct 2018 on my 2019 Imagine 2970RL. I my case the sink drain snapped off completely flush with the sink outlet. This was our second outing since buying in July 2018. My wife was washing dishes at the time and didn't immediately notice. My son yelled that water was running out the back corner of the trailer. Luckily the trailer was a little out of level and the water exited quickly. Cleaned up the mess and dried everything out. Luckily no water damage. We took it back to the dealer the next day to fix under warranty. They replaced the whole drain and trap assembly. We are starting full timing around April this year. I now know to check this every time we set up. Heard this is not an uncommon issue on any brand of trailer.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by riven1950 View Post
    "Are you in the Lakeland area of FL there's a mobile rv parts dealer by us.

Ken"

Not right now, but may be going close by soon. We are at Myakka State Park and headed back North in a couple of days. Going by mt Daughters house in Jax but not sure of the route yet. Thanks for the info...TR Do you have a name for this parts dealer?
    I will get you the name address and phone number tomorrow.

Ken

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    2020 Imagine 2450RL
    Wasaga Beach Ontario Canada
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 Trailer Tow Package
    Eaz-Lift Elite WD Hitch 14,000lb capacity 1,200lb bars

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a leak on mine in the same spot. Tightening did slow it down, but I have to get under there and have a better look because it is still leaking.
    ~Patrick

2018 Imagine 2400BH
    2016 GMC Yukon XL

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2019 Imagine 2500RL. We discovered water in the drawer under the sink on our 2500RL on our first trip last summer. I couldn't tighten the ring nut where the trap attaches to the sink basket enough to stop the leak. I assume the factory glued all the pipe together before tightening the nut, leaving a gap between the gasket and the sink basket and there was not enough flex in the pipe to enable the nut to draw up to the sink basket and put enough "squeeze" on the gasket to seal it. We were close to a Home Depot where I found a sheet of 1/8" thick rubber and I cut a second gasket using the original as a template. I stacked the 2 gaskets together and was able to seal the connection. No leaks after the fix.
    Mike and Sally
    2019 Imagine 2500RL
    2016 Ram 1500
    Camco Eazlift R3 Recurve hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealMacGyver View Post
    I have a leak on mine in the same spot. Tightening did slow it down, but I have to get under there and have a better look because it is still leaking.
    There is no tightening mine. The nut that goes on the bottom of the sink is broken in half. We taped it up till we get home tomorrow and I can find some abs or maybe take it to the dealer if we have enough other items to justify the trip.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2670MK and same same. Threaded "nut" splitting at bottom of sink drain. 2 helps here: I simply took mine off, cleaned, dried and applied Gorilla Glue (clear with the brush in the bottle). Put back on post drying, being careful to not over tighten, and been good ever since. There is no pressure going on here, so feeling confident it'll hold. More importantly, and this is a take away from living in my home post a leak issue: When I first bought the rig, I purchased an under the sink drain pan off of Amazon that slid right into the space. They are designed for under the sink applications so there are quite a few different sizes. Only modification was to easily remove the right side wall panel, notch out about 1/2" square to accomodate the drain pipe, and replace sitting on top of the drain pan. These drain pans are a must. The hold quite a bit of water and alert you to a leak before it starts to destroy your wood, paneling and structure at the base. This is how I was alerted to the split/leaking nut mentioned above. I also installed a 3 filter water system under my sink which included a hole drill in the top counter to accommodate the faucet. No way would I have done this without having that drain pan. Too many leak possiblies with mobility.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast