User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Harlech

Compressor cycling?

Anyone have any issues with the AC compressor cycling? My bedroom AC on my 369RL will kick the fan on, the compressor will kick on for about 20 seconds and then kick back off while the fan will keep blowing trying to keep things cool to no avail.

Wonder what might be causing this.

Also, is the bedroom AC tied into the ducting? If I have the dump vent closed like you would to push through the ducts the bedroom gets wicked hot, as soon as I open the vent on the AC unit it will cool the bedroom down in about 3 minutes... When the compressor runs properly.

Thanks,
    Kyle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlech View Post
    Anyone have any issues with the AC compressor cycling? My bedroom AC on my 369RL will kick the fan on, the compressor will kick on for about 20 seconds and then kick back off while the fan will keep blowing trying to keep things cool to no avail.

Wonder what might be causing this.

Also, is the bedroom AC tied into the ducting? If I have the dump vent closed like you would to push through the ducts the bedroom gets wicked hot, as soon as I open the vent on the AC unit it will cool the bedroom down in about 3 minutes... When the compressor runs properly.

Thanks,
    Kyle

The bedroom A/C is tied in to the ducting but if that's the only a/c that's running, the bedroom will be the first place to get hot if the dump is closed. If the fan is set to auto, it should turn on and off with the compressor. You can also set the fan to run on low, med or high and bypass the auto feature by pushing the fan button until it displays the fan speed you want. If the fan is not on the auto setting, it will continue to run even when the compressor is not running or until you turn it off. Not sure about the compressor cycling. The compressor should run as the temp rises above your setting. Just make sure you have the proper zone and function selected when you set it.
    Andy & Julie
    Gig Harbor, Wa
    2014 Solitude 369RL S/N 104
    2012 F350 SWR 4x4 CC 6.7 Diesel

Harlech
    Yeah, I think we ended up freezing it out this afternoon, got really hot and humid in the course of an hour. Turned it off for an hour or so and the turned it back on and it had no problems performing.

Still can't close the dump, if we do it basically renders the bedroom AC useless.

Thanks again, Andy!

Harlech
    Just for the record, it was 97 with 40% humidity with the unit set to 74. Just to put down a baseline. Didn't have any issues keeping the bedroom cool unit about 4 in the afternoon.

Harlech
    Spoke too soon. Just woke up at 5:30 to the fan blowing but no compressor. Hadn't ran all night but it finally got 3 degrees over the setpoint on the thermostat. Frustrating.

Harlech
    Looks like I found the issue. Freeze sensor wasn't installed in the correct location on the bedroom AC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlech View Post
    Looks like I found the issue. Freeze sensor wasn't installed in the correct location on the bedroom AC.
    Freeze sensor??? As Tim Allen would say in the toolman growl.........."What's it do?"
    Andy & Julie
    Gig Harbor, Wa
    2014 Solitude 369RL S/N 104
    2012 F350 SWR 4x4 CC 6.7 Diesel