Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pullrite 24k RAM OEM Puck #2315 5" of Clearance

We picked up a new 2018 377MBS last weekend and had purchased the new Pullrite 2315 24k OEM RAM puck fifth wheel to tow with. Unfortunately when we went to hook up we found the distance between the bed rails and the trailer was ~5 inches at the lowest point. Pulling out of the dealer, I nearly damaged the trailer and the truck due to limited clearance. The pinbox is already in the lowest position, so I have limited options for increasing the distance between the bedrails and the bottom of the trailer. The truck is a 2018 RAM 3500 DRW with the factory airbag system. According to Pullrite, the only fix is to add the picture frame kit to raise the height by 3.5". I just wanted to share my experiences so no one else has to go through the trouble.

Thanks,
    Matt

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the post. I was looking at the same hitch and it's good to know. Sorry you had to find out the hard way.

It's a lot of money to spend, only to find out you have to spend even more to make it work.

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alternate Trailer Height will lower rear of truck about 1 inch once it's got a load in the bed.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gbkims View Post
    Alternate Trailer Height will lower rear of truck about 1 inch once it's got a load in the bed.
    Thank you for the suggestion, but the 5" measurement is with the alternative height button active. I'm thinking I have no option but to spend the extra $500 to get the added height.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    2018 Solitude 377MBS

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, I've spent money on lift blocks and tweaking hitch and pin box heights, alt trailer height.
    Pict from April 2017, couple weeks after buying. This with a B&W Companion hitch.
    Last edited by gbkims; 02-13-2019 at 05:08 AM.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gene is that reading 6 inches? I too have the B&W Companion on my F350 and the hitch installer said they start in middle height, nope only 5" clearance. I had them raise it to the highest position and now have little over 6" clearance all the way around the bed. I wonder if the Ram system is not height adjustable? OP if you're talking about raising the trailer I think I'd buy the B&W base for the Ram puck system before I fool with the trailer suspension. Sell the Pullrite on Craigslist.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    Gene is that reading 6 inches? I too have the B&W Companion on my F350 and the hitch installer said they start in middle height, nope only 5" clearance. I had them raise it to the highest position and now have little over 6" clearance all the way around the bed. I wonder if the Ram system is not height adjustable? OP if you're talking about raising the trailer I think I'd buy the B&W base for the Ram puck system before I fool with the trailer suspension. Sell the Pullrite on Craigslist.
    That was 6" near hitch and 4" at tailgate with Normal Ride Height and B&W in middle height, w/o 1" lift blocks under 5er axles.
    Have since gone to B&W's highest setting & tweaked pin box and tow in Alt Trailer Height.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool, glad you got it straightened out. My 375 RES was a little nose low and the 1" increase made it perfectly level. That Companion is a pretty slick hitch.
    Jeff

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    I wanted the auto slider setup which is why I went with the Pullrite over the B&W. I'm not looking to do anything in the trailer suspension if I don't have to, given the 13' 5" factory height. Based on what Pullrite is saying, by adding the RAM puck frame setup I'll gain 3.5". If that turns out to be too tall I can bring it down an inch with the pin box adjustment which should put me at 7.5" of clearance. The down side is the extra $500 for parts.

2018 Solitude 377MBS

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mraplx View Post
    I wanted the auto slider setup which is why I went with the Pullrite over the B&W. I'm not looking to do anything in the trailer suspension if I don't have to, given the 13' 5" factory height. Based on what Pullrite is saying, by adding the RAM puck frame setup I'll gain 3.5". If that turns out to be too tall I can bring it down an inch with the pin box adjustment which should put me at 7.5" of clearance. The down side is the extra $500 for parts.

Ah ok I get it now. I had not heard of this Ram kit to raise the puck height. Bummer on the extra expense but hope you get it where you want it, towing is a lot of fun if everything is set up right. Good luck!
    Jeff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast