User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furrion backup camera

Ok. I know there are a lot of posts on backup cameras but I hope this one is different because it is TT specific. I installed a Furrion FOS48TA-BL observation camera on a 2016 313rlts. I believe that those of you that own a 313 or 315 my find this helpful. As many of you, my TT came with a so called plug and play prewired for the Furrion. Ok, I will give GD credit for the pre-install and providing power to the mount but that is all. Just like many of you, the camera is powered on at all times, not good for boondocking or for the backup camera. There is a youtube video of a gentleman installing a Furrion backup camera and he added a switch to turn his off. I followed the same process he did but I want to add a few steps. 1. I had no idea on getting the puck lights out, I would pull them down and the spring would stop them from coming out. Found a post that said to pull down harder with steady pressure until the spring fold back to near vertical but watch your fingers when they spring back. 2. Unlike the video, the power wire was not contacted to the lights or the switch, now what do I do. I stuck my fingers higher in the second hole above the left puck light hole and found the power wire just within fingers reach of the hole. I feel I was lucky. I was able to pull the wire out of the hole, it cam out about 4 to 5 feet. Note: I have no idea where the wire was getting power. It went off to the left of the lights to never never land. This is what is frustrating with GD. No consistency is there builds. I hope GD reads these posts. Anyway, I finished the job just like the video. Works great. Very happy with the way it turned out. I didn't remember to take pictures but I am willing to take a few of the finished pruduct.
    Last edited by Canald; 02-13-2019 at 09:25 PM.
    Dan and Kathy
    2022 Solitude 390RK
    2022 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD Duramax
    USMC Semper Fi

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 2017 303 was hot all the time as well, I just cut the plug off (about 2' of wire) and wired it to the "center" marker light just above it, now the camera comes on with my head lights / fog lamps. . . .
    Joe & Dee
    Ontario, Ohio
    2018 Chevy 3500HD LTZ Duramax Crew Cab SRW Short Bed Payload 3523#
    2019 Reflection 337RLS bought February 2019 Dry Pin Weight = 2,320#, UVW = 11,100#
    Hitch - PullRite Super Glide 2700 - 16K
    Bed Cover - Roll-N-Lock
    TPMS - Tire Tracker TT-500 (non flow thru)
    Rear Observation Camera - Rear View Safety model RVS-155W-FB (2400-2500MHZ)

2017 303RLS bought April 2017 / Traded February 2019

Map represents States visited with our 303RLS /337RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought about wiring it to the enter light also but since mine is for observation, I wanted to see behind me at all times and be able to turn it off when not needed.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By wiring it to the marker light, you turn it on or off with lights on your truck.
    2018 Reflection 315RLTS
    2023 F350 Lariat 6.7L/CC/LB/FX4

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theclarks View Post
    Our 2017 303 was hot all the time as well, I just cut the plug off (about 2' of wire) and wired it to the "center" marker light just above it, now the camera comes on with my head lights / fog lamps. . . .
    ^^^^ This^^^^^ Ours is also wired to marker lights. Turn on truck lights, camera on. Disconnected from toe vehicle of lights off... camera off. No drain on batteries while parked
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you remember the video? Or can you share the link?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clgronau View Post
    Do you remember the video? Or can you share the link?
    clgronau--if you use REPLY WITH QUOTE (like I just did) the forum member you're addressing with get a notification (like you just did). It also makes it easier for those reading the thread to understand whom you are addressing.

-Howard
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canald View Post
    Ok. I know there are a lot of posts on backup cameras but I hope this one is different because it is TT specific. I installed a Furrion FOS48TA-BL observation camera on a 2016 313rlts. I believe that those of you that own a 313 or 315 my find this helpful. As many of you, my TT came with a so called plug and play prewired for the Furrion. Ok, I will give GD credit for the pre-install and providing power to the mount but that is all. Just like many of you, the camera is powered on at all times, not good for boondocking or for the backup camera. There is a youtube video of a gentleman installing a Furrion backup camera and he added a switch to turn his off. I followed the same process he did but I want to add a few steps. 1. I had no idea on getting the puck lights out, I would pull them down and the spring would stop them from coming out. Found a post that said to pull down harder with steady pressure until the spring fold back to near vertical but watch your fingers when they spring back. 2. Unlike the video, the power wire was not contacted to the lights or the switch, now what do I do. I stuck my fingers higher in the second hole above the left puck light hole and found the power wire just within fingers reach of the hole. I feel I was lucky. I was able to pull the wire out of the hole, it cam out about 4 to 5 feet. Note: I have no idea where the wire was getting power. It went off to the left of the lights to never never land. This is what is frustrating with GD. No consistency is there builds. I hope GD reads these posts. Anyway, I finished the job just like the video. Works great. Very happy with the way it turned out. I didn't remember to take pictures but I am willing to take a few of the finished pruduct.
    Do you have a copy of the link to the video and pics you could share? Thanks. I hope i did this right this time....

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    clgronau,

I didn't take any pictures but here is the link to the video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmgVCbBsPLY
    The video is where I found my wire but up higher.
    Good luck.
    Dan and Kathy
    2022 Solitude 390RK
    2022 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD Duramax
    USMC Semper Fi

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a work around if you have shore power https://www.liteswich.com/.
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado High Country 2500 HD
    2017 GD Reflection 303 RLS

Ride Rite AirBags (wireless)
    Pullrite Superglide 2700
    Rotoflex Pin Box
    Auburn, WA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast