Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdosser View Post
    It is a bit disappointing to read that others are having the same problem as I am with the led's on the front of my '17 384 GK. I had mine replaced last year, under warranty, now they are out again. Facing the unit from the front, over half of the led's on the right side are out. The lights really helped out after dark. I also have the same issue with the led's on the rear awning bar, there are a number of them out on it as well. Is there anything that can be done other than replacing the led strips every couple of years?
    Up here in northeastern Canada it’s salt and moisture that destroys LEDs and everything else lol (at their connecting points mostly WRT LED’s)....my F-150 tailgate lightstrip received copious amounts of clear silicone over the entire light (basically fully engulfed) and copious amounts of lithium grease in the 4way pin. It survived 3 years up til I sold it. Could still be working today..

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did get a reply from Grand Design's tech folks. They said to use a black silicone. Weather here has not allowed me to fix the bad one yet. Hoping to get to it soon.
    2018 Ford F 450 Platinum- White gold exterior Marsala interior w/ Reese 26.5K hitch
    2018 Solitude 310GK-R with dual pane windows, slide-out awning toppers, and heat pump options.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry it has taken so long but I did replace one of my front cap LED lights. The lights are 56" and about $20 US each. I used a black silicon for the ends.Also had to drill a bigger hole to get wiring connection through. GD wired before inside of cap finished so you can not pull connectors through existing holes. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3433.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	80.5 KB 
ID:	22568Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3435.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	22569Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3437.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	22570Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3439.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	22571Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3450.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	22572
    2018 Ford F 450 Platinum- White gold exterior Marsala interior w/ Reese 26.5K hitch
    2018 Solitude 310GK-R with dual pane windows, slide-out awning toppers, and heat pump options.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If there was any reason to doubt that you knew what you were doing (there wasn't) then it would be immediately dispelled by the photo below. Nice work doctor!

Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The photo #1 of the strip itself is disturbing. That so much crud (the technical term) could get into the casing is scary all by itself.

Generally LEDs fail from 2 simple causes. Very fine wire are used for the very small loads involved. These fine wire break far more frequently than we are used to.

Secondly LEDs require some additional electronics. Far fewer if the power supply is DC, but not none. In 120V systems these electronics are the primary failure point.
    Rick

2019 Reflection 150 273MK
    2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
    PullRite Superglide

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12