Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LED's already out

Had this unit only since November and half the exterior led lights out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190215_063847.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	17695l
    2019 Solitude 384GKR
    Stored, used at Myrtle Beach, SC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KirbyRVA View Post
    Had this unit only since November and half the exterior led lights out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190215_063847.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	17695l
    And ours were gone that fast as well
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, I think the LED lighting on the front is pretty silly looking....useless fluff. I do like the underside lighting which actually provides useful illumination on the patio area. I will have them fix at least once under warranty but if they fail again, I will just disable all those on the front.
    2019 Solitude 384GKR
    Stored, used at Myrtle Beach, SC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KirbyRVA View Post
    ..... I do like the underside lighting which actually provides useful illumination on the patio area. ....
    Both of our underside lighting strips failed very early on. Just had them replaced under warranted. Hope these last much longer.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine went out too. Have the replacements just waiting for things to warm up again before I try to install them.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use the front lights at night to see the trailer when boon docking, or when we are leaving the trailer at and want to see where to turn off the high way. works great. Knock on wood ours have been working good, so far.
    2012 Chevy 3500 DRW DURAMAX
    2016 Momentum 397th
    TOY 2013 800 RZR LE

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One side of our lights stopped working shortly after buying our trailer. After talking to a tech about what is involved to replace them, I decided it wasn't worth it. I was told they need to drill a larger hole to get the wire connector out, then caulk it and put the new light strip over it. I'd like to here from someone that has replaced theirs to see how they did it.
    2018 Reflection 315RLTS
    2023 F350 Lariat 6.7L/CC/LB/FX4

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 315RLTSinPA View Post
    One side of our lights stopped working shortly after buying our trailer. After talking to a tech about what is involved to replace them, I decided it wasn't worth it. I was told they need to drill a larger hole to get the wire connector out, then caulk it and put the new light strip over it. I'd like to here from someone that has replaced theirs to see how they did it.
    I will let you know. Having to replace one side after front cap was repainted and shop messed up light strip. Have LED strip. Just waiting on Grand Design Support to respond with what sealant or adhesive they use on original installation.
    2018 Ford F 450 Platinum- White gold exterior Marsala interior w/ Reese 26.5K hitch
    2018 Solitude 310GK-R with dual pane windows, slide-out awning toppers, and heat pump options.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is a bit disappointing to read that others are having the same problem as I am with the led's on the front of my '17 384 GK. I had mine replaced last year, under warranty, now they are out again. Facing the unit from the front, over half of the led's on the right side are out. The lights really helped out after dark. I also have the same issue with the led's on the rear awning bar, there are a number of them out on it as well. Is there anything that can be done other than replacing the led strips every couple of years?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram&Lab2 View Post
    I will let you know. Having to replace one side after front cap was repainted and shop messed up light strip. Have LED strip. Just waiting on Grand Design Support to respond with what sealant or adhesive they use on original installation.
    Don’t know if your still waiting on the sealer calking question but I’d go and buy some sikaflex and get them to use it. I’m going to reseal every bit of my momentum when it returns. It’s currently being repaired for water in the underside of the front cap. I left them 3 tubes of sika and told them to use it all on that front cap and to provide photos of the process (so if I have further issues it will be repaired under warranty) as this is a brand new unused toy hauler. Sikaflex should be the Industries minimum standard. The industry wouldn’t have to pay that much more for it. But then we the owner wouldn’t have to reseal our trailer every 6 months either.....so there’s your answer. Greed over quality. My opinion anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast