User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reflection 150 Series Pin Box Replacement

We are getting a Reflection 290BH and my preference would be to replace the pin box with a Reese Goosebox so that there is no hitch taking up space in the bed of the truck. The air ride feature would be nice too. It looks like the 150 reflection series has a different style of pin box mount. In my research it looks like the turning point hitch on the 150 series cannot be replaced. Has anyone actually changed out one of these turning point hitches? If it's not replaceable I will probably just go with the next most convenient option and get an Anderson ultimate since I already have the factory ball hitch in my 3500.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your wing plates for the Turning Point only have one row of mounting holes. Most all pin boxes have two rows of holes.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why not use the turning point feature. I have heard some excellent comments on it. Also in my opinion backing into a 5th wheel receiver is a heck of a lot better than trying to hit the goose neck ball on the nose. I know as I have both types of trailers. Just my 02 here.

Hope you find a solution to what you want to do
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the Anderson you just look out your rear window and back right up to it, never been an issue for me anyway. Drops right into place everytime. The red adapter allows you to be up to 3" off the ball and it will still slide in.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a newbie still trying to learn/comprehend if the OE Lippert Turning Point Hitch
    in the LOCKED Position is a good situation with the Anderson #3200 Hitch

or am I then faced with more expense in changing pin boxes on the 260RD

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty sure we are stuck with the pin boxes on the 150 series...
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CamarosRus View Post
    I am a newbie still trying to learn/comprehend if the OE Lippert Turning Point Hitch
    in the LOCKED Position is a good situation with the Anderson #3200 Hitch

or am I then faced with more expense in changing pin boxes on the 260RD
    There is nothing that can replace the Turning Point hitch at this time. It is a unique frame.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS