User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kitchen Sink Replacement

While I appreciate the modern look of the single bowl, under the counter sink in my Imagine 2250RK, it's just not practical for boondocking when you're trying to conserve water. It's too big and too deep to fill to any extent. It also doesn't provide any place for a dish drainer (except on the counter).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sink1.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	17721

So I decided to look for a shallow, double bowl sink that would be a similar size. I found this one at E-Trailer.com: https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Kitchen/...77-000127.html It's a direct fit for the original sink.

Removal of the under counter sink was pretty simple. I removed both drawers below the sink, as well as the little plastic tray behind the door at the top. Then remove the 6 screws and brackets under the sink and run a utility knife between the bottom of the counter and the sink. Once cut clear around, the sink just dropped down and was easily removed.

Name:	sink2.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	17722

I did have to notch out three holes along the front of the sink hole to allow for the studs that hold the double sink in. Once that was done, I ran a bead of silicone around the rim of the sink and dropped it in. I attached the six mounting brackets and cleaned up the excess silicone. Plumbing the drain took a little engineering and a couple of trips to Home Depot for various fittings, but I was eventually able to get the drain connected back up. The trailer is winterized, so I can't test for leaks - we'll see what happens in the spring. LOL.

Name:	sink3.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	17723

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice, thanks for sharing.

Brian

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nice job. If I may ask a question. Could you have under-mounted the new sink? Just wondering? Thinking of doing this too at some point.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I guess you could. You would need a method of attaching it from the bottom into the countertop. There may even be an under mount sink the appropriate size out there. Personallly, I like above mount sinks.
    Last edited by nadkaw1957; 02-17-2019 at 06:45 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A five inch deep sink is just not deep enough. I personally like deep sinks. Less splashing onto the counter top.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice job on the sink replacement. We considered this but elected to utilize a dish pan.
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffnCheri View Post
    Nice job on the sink replacement. We considered this but elected to utilize a dish pan.
    Thank you. I used a dishpan all of last year. I just wanted something permanent.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Likes to tow View Post
    A five inch deep sink is just not deep enough. I personally like deep sinks. Less splashing onto the counter top.
    I've never had that problem, but thank you for your comment.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ironic how things come full circle . . . Our 2015 Reflection 303RLS has twin sinks. GDRV made a big deal about changing to the single large "farm sink" in 2016. We always thought that the smaller sinks worked better for all the reasons described by @nadkaw1957.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Ironic how things come full circle . . . Our 2015 Reflection 303RLS has twin sinks. GDRV made a big deal about changing to the single large "farm sink" in 2016. We always thought that the smaller sinks worked better for all the reasons described by @nadkaw1957.

Rob
    So the answer is for GD to come up with a twin sink design that has a removable sink separator--then we can all have both options!

Fran likes the farm sink because it works perfectly to wash our two dogs (they are small) when (not if) they get into something messy.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast