User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobe320 View Post
    Your signature shows a 5th wheel. Would you tell me where you mounted the sensor on your RV? Thanks. Dave
    You mount it on the drivers side of the pinbox by the emergency breakaway box.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks....couldn't mount it on my pin box, cause the whole thing pivots/rotates....but thanks!
    2021 Reflection 150 Series 295RL
    Tow Vehicle 2020 Ford F-250 FX4 6.2L
    PULLIT 5th Wheel Hitch
    Home Base Hobe Sound FL

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    Not sure if the fifth wheel setup works on an F150, Ford should be able to answer that. I do have it on my '20 F450 and it works amazing on a Solitude. If you order the 5th wheel prep package you get all the correct cables and plugs and yaw sensor that mounts on the pin box to make it work. It's pretty cool to back up your trailer in a straight line totally hands free, not to mention back into a tight campsite. The technology is amazing.
    Hey Txfivver.... I have a new 2021 F350 Platinum. I finally received the Yaw Sensor and cabling from Ford. I have a 2021 337RLS 5th wheel. Where did you mount your sensor? Can you take a picture of where you mounted it. I am thinking on the driver side of the 5th wheel hitch, on the flat part of the metal just under the overhang of the 5th wheel. Seems like a good place as well as mostly out of the elements. Will be calibrating it this weekend... so any tips you might have a welcome...

Thx
    Cowboychincs
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 337 RLS
    2021 Ford F-350 6.7L Diesel Platinum
    Castle Rock, CO

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi… I’ve mounted my sensor on the vertical wall on the bottom of the battery holder that extends beneath the bottom my Grand Design Reflection.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK folks... here is where I mounted my Ford Pro Assist Sensor... will try to calibrate it this weekend....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220406_155531_copy_1612x1209.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	39868
    Cowboychincs
    Castle Rock, CO

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a quick thought. I don’t know your pin and box action but if that setup “pivots” behind the sensor it will not work correctly. Just a cautionary note

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a quick thought. I don’t know your pin and box action but if that setup “pivots” behind the sensor it will not work correctly. Just a cautionary note
    Thx, but it is stationary
    Cowboychincs
    Castle Rock, CO

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    Not sure if the fifth wheel setup works on an F150, Ford should be able to answer that. I do have it on my '20 F450 and it works amazing on a Solitude. If you order the 5th wheel prep package you get all the correct cables and plugs and yaw sensor that mounts on the pin box to make it work. It's pretty cool to back up your trailer in a straight line totally hands free, not to mention back into a tight campsite. The technology is amazing.
    I believe that beginning with the 2020 model year, Ford eliminated the need for stickers. Now you set up the trailer by following a specific setup procedure that let's the computer calculate the length of your camper so itcan figure out the proper backing geometry needed for each trailer you own.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    I believe that beginning with the 2020 model year, Ford eliminated the need for stickers. Now you set up the trailer by following a specific setup procedure that let's the computer calculate the length of your camper so itcan figure out the proper backing geometry needed for each trailer you own.
    I don't know about the F150, but the Super Duty line still have the sticker for bumper pulls and the module for the 5th wheels as of 2022 models. Hearing a redesign on the 2023's is likely, though. The F150 seems to be a few years ahead of the Super Duty line.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hobe320... I saw where you asked me how the calibration went.... but I dont see it on this thread... but the answer is that the calibration went perfect... took no time at all. Again, my pin box does NOT rotate, so there was no issue there.

The Pro Trailer Backup Assist works great. YES, it will take some practice, but I think it will be helpful.

A couple of insights.... (1) If your truck has all the cameras mine does, make sure you click on the trailer icon on your camera views... that helped a bunch as when I went into backup mode, it was NOT active... but when I found that icon and clicked on it, it gave me a great view of both sides of the trailer and what area I was trying to back in to. (2) I went to the fairgrounds and put out some traffic cones so that I could practice without damaging anyone or anything... LOL (3) I am unsure where to mount the protective receptacle on my trailer... guess I will mount it on the pin box too... but that is sort of overkill drilling through that heavy steel plate. (4) I am disgusted with Ford because when I ordered the truck, I ordered it with 5th wheel prep and the Pro Trailer Backup Assist... it came with everything EXCEPT the 7-way and the Pro Assist plug mounted in the truck bed. Tried finding the part number everywhere... including Google searches, my Ford Dealer, etc... and they could NOT find the bed assembly or number... so I had to opt for changing out the 7-Way (and 4-way) plug on the bumper for 7-Way/Pro Assist plug... so now, when I need to use it, I have to run the Pro Assist cable over the truck tailgate and plug it into the bumper... kind of a pain, but workable.... (5) if you have to do this too... I used a NiteEase rubber tie, 12 inches long, to secure the slack cable to my bed tie-downs (6) there is no need for the special decals any longer... the "sensor" takes care of everything (6) if you are trying to back down an incline, be careful as your truck will want to roll backwards at it pace - given the angle of the incline (7) I felt like I needed to use my Furrion backup camera as well... since I did NOT chose to install the Ford backup camera... so you might want your backup camera turned on to get a view of the rear of your camper. (8) mounting the sensor on my pin box took a tad to do... easy when I figured it out... I had some metal screws that I used to bold down my wood planks on my faltbed trailer into the frame... they are hardened steel and I think a T-20 or T25 head on them.... and I used a 7/32 drill bit that did the job fine through the pin box... then I took it easy with my drill-driver and screwed the sensor down... slowly so not to strip it... worked great... but just be sure to have the correct type of screw and drill bit to start with.

Hope this helps some folks... maybe I can get into some back-in spaces easier with it... after I practice some more... LOL
    Cowboychincs
    Castle Rock, CO

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast